Quantcast
Official NBA Thread - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NBA Thread

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

The curse of coaching Lebron may be coming sooner than originally thought.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ers-slow-start
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    NC1

Suffice to say the Raps felt good about owning Lebron last night? lol

Klay going off for an effortless 50 makes Kobe's 81 not that impressive.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Klay going off for an effortless 50 makes Kobe's 81 not that impressive.
    Scoring 50 is a lot easier when the defense is focused on KD and Steph. Try to name a couple of the players on Kobe's team when he scored 81.

^+1

I really don't see how someone putting up 50 would take away from Kobes 81 at all... Quite a few guys have tossed up 50+ in the past few years but I clearly don't view it the same way of taking from another guys accomplishment who put up 31 more

The 06 lakers were a garbage squad too, Kobe carried a ton of dead weight.

06 Lakers - 1 All star/1 HoF'er (Kobe)

18 Warriors - 5 All stars/2 MVPs/5-6 Future HoF'ers

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Any one else enjoy that the Raptor's best pitch to keep Kawhi was to basically crush the Lakers in the first quarter?

My Ride
    NC1

Jordan 63 > Kobe 81

Anyway, Kyrie sure got upset the other night.
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Jordan 63 > Kobe 81

Anyway, Kyrie sure got upset the other night.
    Another one of those lame unwritten rules things that seems to be so prevalent in pro sports. Though I can understand that no one likes getting the score run up on them, 50 is a pretty nice milestone. It's not like Murray was shooting the 3 to get some weird number like 54.

At the end of the day, neither team is going to remember this game and if Kyrie wants to get salty over it, then he'll have to wait 5 months when the Nuggets play the Celtics again.

My Ride
    NC1

A little torn last night with the Raptors lol Was up 20 I think only to lose it at the end. Good for Dwayne Casey tho.

Is the beef between Dray and KD for real? I'd keep KD over Dray, right?
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Macan GTS

A little torn last night with the Raptors lol Was up 20 I think only to lose it at the end. Good for Dwayne Casey tho.

Is the beef between Dray and KD for real? I'd keep KD over Dray, right?
    i just caught the last few minutes, seemed pretty tense. kawahi had a couple miscues and an offensive foul which i think tilted the odds in the clutch. sick block by siakam before the buzzer beater.

not sure what to make of that "feud" either. seemed like it came out of nowhere but dray's apparently upset that KD has been mum on his commitment to GSW and is considering his options for upcoming free agency... i'm sure it must be tough to balance all that talent and the accompanying egos.

i'm not sure who i'd pick to keep... dray is the emotional leader and defensive anchor but KD is automatic from mid-range and an all around player...

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by kJUMP View Post
    i just caught the last few minutes, seemed pretty tense. kawahi had a couple miscues and an offensive foul which i think tilted the odds in the clutch. sick block by siakam before the buzzer beater.

not sure what to make of that "feud" either. seemed like it came out of nowhere but dray's apparently upset that KD has been mum on his commitment to GSW and is considering his options for upcoming free agency... i'm sure it must be tough to balance all that talent and the accompanying egos.

i'm not sure who i'd pick to keep... dray is the emotional leader and defensive anchor but KD is automatic from mid-range and an all around player...
    For me, I don't really care about KD's commitment to the Warriors, or lack thereof. He can't say he's leaving, because the season just started and that would be difficult for the team to deal with; nor can he say he's staying if he's not planning to. It's a lose-lose situation, and I would expect most of the players on GSW understand that because the core is going to be facing that question individually in the future.

But I also think that if you're talking about the two players most likely to drum something up to troll the media, Draymond and KD would be near the top of my list. Draymond because he's kind of an asshole like that, and KD because he's been so vilified by media and fans for joining the Warriors that he's sort of been in a fuck you-mode to everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by kJUMP View Post

Draymond is a liability to the team I think. Looking at his defensive numbers and points he points up he's slightly above average and he will probably be a nobody on another team. As much as I hate KD, I would pick him over Draymond any day of the week. The two players can't be compared as they are on different levels.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    For me, I don't really care about KD's commitment to the Warriors, or lack thereof. He can't say he's leaving, because the season just started and that would be difficult for the team to deal with; nor can he say he's staying if he's not planning to. It's a lose-lose situation, and I would expect most of the players on GSW understand that because the core is going to be facing that question individually in the future.

But I also think that if you're talking about the two players most likely to drum something up to troll the media, Draymond and KD would be near the top of my list. Draymond because he's kind of an asshole like that, and KD because he's been so vilified by media and fans for joining the Warriors that he's sort of been in a fuck you-mode to everybody.
    Amazing plot twist if they are doing it to troll ppl lol

My bet is DG probably went to KD and cried his eyes out with Steph and Klay and all is well.

Last night's game was intense between Celtics and Raps. That Kyrie was beast mode.
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Has wheels

Durant wants LBJ treatment during this free agency, he can't come out and say he isn't going to resign but I think there's a good chance he moves on. It'll be interesting to see what goes down in the off-season for GSW.

Kyrie is unreal.

Very happy the raps finally won a game last night. Hard to see to see them lose 3 in a row, the pistons and Celtics games were very winnable. Leonard still shaking rust off.

Walker with 60 last night, more than his team combined!

My Ride
    Has wheels

Apparently the Wizards are ready to blow it up. Everyone avaliable for trade, including Wall and Beal.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by bruceod View Post
    Apparently the Wizards are ready to blow it up. Everyone avaliable for trade, including Wall and Beal.
    Beal is more tradeable than Wall. Unfortunately, the Wizards re-signed Wall to a supermax deal, so he's expected to make something crazy like $38 million+ starting next year. I don't think there's anyone in the league that's willing to pay that. Not to mention the matching salaries would be craaaaaazy.

Beal's, in contrast, is making a more 'manageable' $27 and $29 million the next two years.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Oh I know, plus I believe Wall has a 15% trade kicker in his contract.

Personally, I'd rather Beal over wall but I'd probably take Porter over both of them. He's younger, slightly cheaper and fits way more in today's NBA. Beal is a better offensive player but Porter is better defensively and a better team fit in most cases.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Personally, I'd rather Beal over wall but I'd probably take Porter over both of them. He's younger, slightly cheaper and fits way more in today's NBA. Beal is a better offensive player but Porter is better defensively and a better team fit in most cases.
    I think it'll be a hot market for Morris. An expiring $8M deal for a 6'10 player with a halfway decent 3-pt percentage and a reasonable defender on the perimeter.

The problem with Porter is I think he's grossly overpaid. Don't get me wrong, I think he's good. I just don't think he's $28M good. He's making more than Wall and Beal this year, which, comparatively is insane.

My Ride
    Has wheels

I don't disagree with you about Morris or Porter. Teams love expiring contracts and Morris is definitely useful.

Porter is over paid, but overall his cheaper and younger than Beal and Wall. Some team is going to pick him up and squeeze more out of him than the Wiz have. Back to what got him paid in the first place and more.

How about Kemba! Playing out of his mind the last couple of games.

Lots of good story lines to follow this year as well. Warriors are still favs but the drama opens the door.

Top teams in East are excellent with room to improve.

Interested in seeing if/when the Lakers make some moves around LeBron.

Keeping track of the rookies, Luka / Young / Anton etc.

Where Melo ends up

I'm so happy NBA is back in full swing haha.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

According to Haberstroh, apparently the trade kicker is in effect before his supermax kicks in. So if the Wizards wait until July 1 to trade him, the kicker goes down to $0.

My Ride
    M3P

I've been a raptors fan since the expansion draft but i can't fucking stand their back office. I hate what they did to Dwayne and Demar. I don't care if they're better this year - I won't cheer for a team like that any longer.

I think LA sits in bottom half of the 8, closer to 6/7 as a seed. If they end up playing GSW in the first round they're out in 5 games easily. Next year the Lakers gotta move these young punks and bring in another all star.

I'm curious where Melo goes for sure. Sad that his career has turned into this

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast