Quantcast
Official NBA Thread - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NBA Thread

Fultz is like the Kwame Brown/Oden pick of his generation. Drafts are such a crapshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by hurrdurr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been a raptors fan since the expansion draft but i can't fucking stand their back office. I hate what they did to Dwayne and Demar. I don't care if they're better this year - I won't cheer for a team like that any longer.

I think LA sits in bottom half of the 8, closer to 6/7 as a seed. If they end up playing GSW in the first round they're out in 5 games easily. Next year the Lakers gotta move these young punks and bring in another all star.

I'm curious where Melo goes for sure. Sad that his career has turned into this
    Why move the young punks?! Lakers will have room to sign anoher max player. There is such a high ceiling for Ball, Ingram, and Kuz. Trading them would be silly

My Ride
    M3P

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    Why move the young punks?! Lakers will have room to sign anoher max player. There is such a high ceiling for Ball, Ingram, and Kuz. Trading them would be silly
    I can't stand Ball or the original hype around him and the BBB. I am not a huge fan of Ingram or Kuzma either, i feel that they'll demand money they're not worthy of in the future. They're ballers but they're not basketball players. I don't know how to properly articulate that. I always get the sense the Bron is babysitting them. I don't mind being proven wrong but until then

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I've been a raptors fan since the expansion draft but i can't fucking stand their back office. I hate what they did to Dwayne and Demar. I don't care if they're better this year - I won't cheer for a team like that any longer.

I think LA sits in bottom half of the 8, closer to 6/7 as a seed. If they end up playing GSW in the first round they're out in 5 games easily. Next year the Lakers gotta move these young punks and bring in another all star.

I'm curious where Melo goes for sure. Sad that his career has turned into this
    The Raptors had topped out under Casey. He did a phenomenal job changing the Raptors from what they were, but ultimately you can't get swept out of the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years and not expect a change, especially when you consider how well they had played in the preceding regular season. Casey was badly outmatched and outcoached in the past couple playoffs, and it was highlighted when the Raptors got swept for the second straight time last year by the Cavaliers who were then taken to 7 games by a Boston Celtics team missing their two best players.

It's not unlike what the Warriors did under Mark Jackson. Warriors were 36-46 under Smart, and within 3 years he had them at 51-31 - and Jackson had a much better playoff record than Casey did. But Jackson had gotten outcoached in those playoff matchups, and sometimes teams need a different coach/style to take them over the top.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I can't stand Ball or the original hype around him and the BBB. I am not a huge fan of Ingram or Kuzma either, i feel that they'll demand money they're not worthy of in the future. They're ballers but they're not basketball players. I don't know how to properly articulate that. I always get the sense the Bron is babysitting them. I don't mind being proven wrong but until then
    Most lottery picks will get a max extension whether they deserve it or not. Lonzo is pretty decent player, but his value gets diminished because people don't want to deal with his dad. The younger Balls aren't likely to make the league though. The Lakers, from an individual skills standpoint, are a really good team. The problem is they're just weirdly constructed with too much overlap of styles and skills, while being noticeably lacking in other areas.

Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart are really good finishers inside. Lebron, Rondo, and Lonzo are all ball-pounders who are really good at creating shots, unfortunately no one is really effective enough of an outside shooter to take advantage of the attention that these guys attract inside.

If this team existed in the early- to mid-2000's, they would crush the league. But in this era of pace and space, they're not as effective as they could be.

The thing that gets me about the Lakers though is all the positive news about how the addition of Tyson Chandler has brought a veteran leadership to the team from someone who has lots of championship experience. Do they not notice who has been in that locker room since the beginning of the season?

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Alright kids. We're about a quarter of the way through the season. Some big surprises and big disappointments in both the West and the East, so who do you think is making the playoffs and who is getting homecourt advantage?

West:
    1. Warriors
    2. Blazers
    3. Nuggets
    4. Clippers
    5. OKC
    6. Memphis
    7. Lakers
    8. Spurs

East:
    1. Raptors
    2. Bucks
    3. 76ers
    4. Pacers
    5. Celtics
    6. Pistons
    7. Hornets
    8. Wizards

My Ride
    Has wheels

I don't really disagree with your choices making the playoffs, so hard to nail down who's going to be in what ranking though!

Man, the clippers are playing such good ball right now. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander has been steady for them as well. Great draft choice for LA.

Watched the warrior's @ raps last night from the 2nd quarter on. Obviously the warrior's were missing curry and green, so they will be much better. I think there's lots of room for improment out of the raptors as well. I think the raps are a deeper team which could be the X factor over a series. I think after Kyle & Kawhi, Pascal is the most important player on the team this year.

Super exciting game, Durant is just unreal. One of, if not the best scorer the league has ever witnessed.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Kawhi returns to San Antonio tonight.

Boos? Cheers?

My Ride
    Macan GTS

unreal GSW/HOU game last night... great offence beats great defense everytime, and there ain't no one better than harden atm

didn't watch the spurs game but heard about all the boos for kawahi. good for demar to get the trip-doub

Demar must be used to the sports headline this morning - Demar plays great, Raptors lose.

The KD out of bounds save was ridiculous. Childrens league refs would make the right call.

My Ride
    NC1

Harden 1/17 from 3 and still gets 30 pts lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Has wheels

Still waiting for the Raptors to fully click, hopefully by playoffs it happens. May have to pickup another shooter if Miles doesn't rediscover what he gets paid to do. All said, they're still #1 team in the league in the standings but need to get better as they can.

Loving watching Luka this year, kid is a stud. Mavs totally could of won the game yesterday against the warriors. I bet the hawks are kicking themselves for that trade. Young will get better but I don't think his career will come close to Luka's, as long as they both stay healthy.

Lakers need Bron to get back ASAP to keep a playoff spot. The west is crazy close this year!

Harden is completely balling out of his mind the last few weeks, so much fun to watch.

Everyone's mid season award winners?
    MVP - Harden (Giannis a very close 2nd)
    DPOY - Miles Turner (Paul George)
    Coach of the year - Budenholzer or Nick Nurse (I'm biased and think Nurse)
    6th Man - Sabonis (I'm sure Lou Williams will make a good run once again)
    ROY - Luka hands down even though Ayton is having a good year
    Most Improved - Pascal Siakam

Funny how much it has changed in the last 3-4 weeks. Cause 4 weeks ago Harden wasn't even in the top 5 for MVP voting.

MVP - Giannis (Harden)
    DPOY - Toss up between Turner/Gobert
    Coach - Budenholzer (Malone) - I can't give any consideration to Nurse because he over took a team 1st in the East who gained a top 3 player in the NBA. Anything shy of top 2 in the East would be viewed as a failure
    6th Man - D. Rose (Sabonis/I Think Kuzma could sneak in)
    ROY - Luka, pending no injury he pretty much already has this locked up
    MI - Rose might win this too. Siakam sitting there

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    Funny how much it has changed in the last 3-4 weeks. Cause 4 weeks ago Harden wasn't even in the top 5 for MVP voting.

MVP - Giannis (Harden)
    Coach - Budenholzer (Malone) - I can't give any consideration to Nurse because he over took a team 1st in the East who gained a top 3 player in the NBA. Anything shy of top 2 in the East would be viewed as a failure
    I agree with what you're saying about Nurse and like I said, I'm biased since they're my favorite team. He's doing things much differently though (so many starting lineups etc.), he'll remain a top candidate I think. Also, Pop could sneak in and take the award too, what he's doing with the Spurs this year has been great.

I see the argument for Rose for MI since no one would give the guy a chance anymore besides Thibs but I really hope Pascal get it.

Yah I was a bulls fan from a little kid up until they traded Butler. Loved watching Rose at Memphis and when bulls pulled that 1st pick I lost my shit. Only jersey I own, my favorite player and felt so bad for his absolutely insane list of injuries. So I'm just so happy he is sustaining some play time and also doing a sick job. If he keeps winning games and stealing the show every bit with some monster performances I can easily see him taking 6th man + MI. Go from a couple minutes a game and ~2-5 points to his numbers is a huge leap. Hopefully next year he finally gets courted for some teams and a decent contract instead of vet min.

As a Canadian I root for Toronto right now, I haven't formally picked a team to now cheer for. It was going to be Kawhi and the spurs because I love him. I don't think he is staying in TO either. Otherwise it is going to be wherever Butler stays because that guy is my other favorite player. I loved the shade he threw last night after the Wolves got just smashed. Embiid too, guy is the best troll in the NBA.

But yah, much as I enjoy the Raptors I can't fanboy a coach who was given that situation to win, but who knows. That and honestly depending where Spurs finish, shit to do you ever have to give a nod to Pop. Loses a top 3 player, loses a great vet like Green, Parker/Ginobli move on. Yet still 25-20 in the west... damn

My Ride
    NC1

the Warriors proved why they are the Warriors

ain't no team beating that shooting lol

Boogie back soon!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

MVP - Giannis (Harden)
    My only concern would be giving 6th man to a guy on a team who fired their head coach part way through the season. I don't think any of the awards have ever been given to a player whose team had a mid-season coaching change.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Yah I was a bulls fan from a little kid up until they traded Butler. Loved watching Rose at Memphis and when bulls pulled that 1st pick I lost my shit. Only jersey I own, my favorite player and felt so bad for his absolutely insane list of injuries. So I'm just so happy he is sustaining some play time and also doing a sick job. If he keeps winning games and stealing the show every bit with some monster performances I can easily see him taking 6th man + MI. Go from a couple minutes a game and ~2-5 points to his numbers is a huge leap. Hopefully next year he finally gets courted for some teams and a decent contract instead of vet min.

As a Canadian I root for Toronto right now, I haven't formally picked a team to now cheer for. It was going to be Kawhi and the spurs because I love him. I don't think he is staying in TO either. Otherwise it is going to be wherever Butler stays because that guy is my other favorite player. I loved the shade he threw last night after the Wolves got just smashed. Embiid too, guy is the best troll in the NBA.

But yah, much as I enjoy the Raptors I can't fanboy a coach who was given that situation to win, but who knows. That and honestly depending where Spurs finish, shit to do you ever have to give a nod to Pop. Loses a top 3 player, loses a great vet like Green, Parker/Ginobli move on. Yet still 25-20 in the west... damn
    Rose isn't playing better than he ever has in his career though, ROY & MVP. I understand his career got derailed because of injuries and I'm happy to see him play at a high level again, I was guilty of writing him off as well, so it's good to know I was wrong.

Raptors fan through and through, Vince is my favorite player ever to this day. That said, I just thoroughly enjoy the NBA. I'm big Lebron fan and a bandwagon fan of where ever he plays, I think he's that good. I really like all the young guys that recently come into the league, future looks bright. Big Luka fan, watched some of his career last year and really following him/Mavs this year.

I just can't get enough of the NBA! Actually getting to catch the Grizzles and Raptors Saturday, just have to see what the best tickets are that I can get my hands on for a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    the Warriors proved why they are the Warriors

ain't no team beating that shooting lol

Boogie back soon!
    I watched that game wire to wire, they played un-fucking-real last night. Going to be really scary if Boogie can stay healthy playing that fast. The Pels were playing fast last year when he went down.
    Also, Steph Curry is the best shooter EVER. Watching him go off on the Pelicans right now.

Yah I know he's not playing at the peak of his career, because prior to his injury he was an MVP force. Was very sad to watch how many brutal injuries he suffered. So I don't know if the criteria for MI judges you against that or if its like hey this guy was pretty much tossed out of the league and written off by everyone except Thibs. Now he's putting up steady points/minutes and won some huge games for his team. We will wait and see.

The warriors make me sick, I really want that team to collapse in the offseason. KD/Klay/Boogie all leave elsewhere. If KD ever wants to think of himself as an all time great he needs to go to another team and win a ship by carrying it. Not hopping onto the #1 team like he did.

Yah I know he's not playing at the peak of his career, because prior to his injury he was an MVP force. Was very sad to watch how many brutal injuries he suffered. So I don't know if the criteria for MI judges you against that or if its like hey this guy was pretty much tossed out of the league and written off by everyone except Thibs. Now he's putting up steady points/minutes and won some huge games for his team. We will wait and see.

The warriors make me sick, I really want that team to collapse in the offseason. KD/Klay/Boogie all leave elsewhere. If KD ever wants to think of himself as an all time great he needs to go to another team and win a ship by carrying it. Not hopping onto the #1 team like he did.
    IF Boogie can get back to form he will def leave as he will get a higher paying contract. A big like that usually will not be the same player but regardless he will use this season to show he is worth more money and leave. KD will leave as well.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast