F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Toronto got a good return on him
    REALLY? 3 late first rounders?

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    REALLY? 3 late first rounders?
    Doubtful that he was going to re-sign in TO anyways so at least they got something.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post
    Doubtful that he was going to re-sign in TO anyways so at least they got something.
    That's a low bar no? I cant claim that I know much, but from youtube internet GMs they all felt it's underwhelming.

It's parallel to Calgary is Johnny Gaudreau. The Flames got absolutely nothing out of Johnny leaving, this is the same situation except they got 3 first rounds and Bruce Brown for Spicy P. Brown is a solid player and will garner some interest from playoff teams for bench depth. I'm actually surprised that the Raptors got three first rounders for him considering the situation where Spicy P was most likely going to bail.

My Ride
    NC1

Raps got nothing for Freddie when he left
    But dang Freddie got paid lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Has wheels

Not a good trade for Pascal but raps waited too long to get actual value from him. Tons of trades were floated around lately, who knows what was actually real.

Brown is a high end bench player, starter depending on the team. Does a little bit of everything, nothing great. He's a guy you want on your competitive team.

Nwora hasn't stuck anywhere yet. Has good size and is a decent shooter on low volume in his career. Unlikely he sticks in Toronto but see how he plays out.

Lewis, buried in New Orleans but has better upside than Nwora and worth seeing if he can play well with more minutes.

Best case the picks will be late teens. Drafts are random for where talent comes from. Supposed to come at the top of the draft but Pascal was a 27th overall pick and developed into a 2 time allstar and all nba player. Time will tell how the picks play out, likely not great though.

Overall, I think they traded Pascal too late. I would've traded him last trade deadline. I think he's a great player but he's not a #1 guy for a team and even questionable if he can be your #2 on a championship team. Based on that, I wouldn't want to be paying his upcoming contract.

Okay trade, could've been way better with better timing.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    Not a good trade for Pascal but raps waited too long to get actual value from him. Tons of trades were floated around lately, who knows what was actually real.

Brown is a high end bench player, starter depending on the team. Does a little bit of everything, nothing great. He's a guy you want on your competitive team.

Nwora hasn't stuck anywhere yet. Has good size and is a decent shooter on low volume in his career. Unlikely he sticks in Toronto but see how he plays out.

Lewis, buried in New Orleans but has better upside than Nwora and worth seeing if he can play well with more minutes.

Best case the picks will be late teens. Drafts are random for where talent comes from. Supposed to come at the top of the draft but Pascal was a 27th overall pick and developed into a 2 time allstar and all nba player. Time will tell how the picks play out, likely not great though.

Overall, I think they traded Pascal too late. I would've traded him last trade deadline. I think he's a great player but he's not a #1 guy for a team and even questionable if he can be your #2 on a championship team. Based on that, I wouldn't want to be paying his upcoming contract.

Okay trade, could've been way better with better timing.
    I personally prefer the haul they got than the other trade scenarios from earlier. I like the last 2 trades, actually. It's netted them productive-now players in RJ, IQ and Brown that keep them in a reasonably competitive spot. Then they have 2 2024 R1s and a conditional 2026 R1 that they can package together, either to move up or package in a trade for an upgrade, probably at the 4 or 5 spot.

The trades have now given them a pretty good backcourt rotation between IQ, Schroeder, RJ and GTJ. RJ with the ability to shift to the wing with Scottie and Brown.

If Webster and Ujiri are planning are still planning on moving other pieces, a package of GTJ or Boucher, packaged with one or two of those picks, could net a really productive big. I'd include Brown in there, but if he paid Porter for his number, I can't imagine he'd do that if he had any idea that he would move again.

All that is to say that I typically don't like star for all-picks trades because it sets the clock back too far and it's shitty for fans to wait cheer while teams are tanking/rebuilding. I don't think the Raps are contending any time soon, but they're also not so bad that they're hard to watch. The trades are at least an upgrade from where they are and puts them in a position to improve to a point where a hot run or a key injury to an opposing player suddenly opens the door for them.

EDIT: And I forgot to add that with the Raptors' track record of turning those mid-round, late-draft picks into productive players, I'm wouldn't be too mad if they ended up keeping the picks.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Has wheels

I liked the OG trade as I like both IQ and Barrett. I suspect og is getting a contract in that 35-40 range and for the role he played on the raps, not money well spent. Now they'll pay 2 guys a little bit more but bring better total skill set. OG is an elite defensive player but he's too mechanical with the ball to be the creator he wanted to be in Toronto. You can see he's great in the Knicks system off of Brunson.

Toronto needed more creators around barnes, both guys that came back in that trade do that. Neither are near the defensive player og is but it's a trade off.

I suspect they're looking to make more moves. Maybe moving brown and I'd guess maybe schoder as well. Then of course moving porter and young makes sense if you're not taking on money and pick up 2nd round picks or something like that from playoff teams. Since all 4 of those players can contribute on various levels for those teams.

As I mentioned, I don't hate the trade but I was big time hoping they were going to blow it up around last year's deadline. They could've got a way better haul for OG, FVV and Pascal.

That doesn't matter though, since they took the path they did.

My Ride
    NC1

Scary Terry to the Heat for KLow and a 1st

Also last night Joel with 70 and KAT with 62 lol wow
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    NC1

lol Luka with 70
    Booker with 62

Jordan would score 100 in this era