Quantcast
Official NBA Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NBA Thread

Default Official NBA Thread

I'll kick this thing off by asking what's the best streaming service for games that's not league pass? Preferably something that caches games so I don't spend 3 hours watching every game.

i just use firstrowsports, seems to have every game but you have to close all these pop ups which can get annoying

I don't mind paying by the way. Usually split it a couple ways between friends. League pass has too many black outs.

My Ride
    NC1

Exciting season for sure. So many story lines.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I don't stream games, so I can't help on that front. If I really feel compelled to watch a game that isn't broadcasted, I stick with highlights on Youtube. There are some channels out there that show basically every basket and/or notable play in a game.

As for storylines, there's lots that I'm interested in:
    1) Toronto's all-in with Kawhi and what that means for the future. I like the trade more than most people, so I'm intrigued to see how this is going to work out for them. It's an incredible gamble for a lot of reasons.
    2) Lebron mixing in with the Lakers. They've got some ball-dominant playmakers like Lebron, Rondo, and Lonzo. Ultimately, everyone, coaching staff included, has to cede control to Lebron, which is worrisome if you're Walton or Magic.
    3) Hopefully we finally get a full season of Hayward and Kyrie. With the acceleration of Rozier and Taytum, it can cause a mix of feelings and egos that could be difficult to manage.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Has wheels

Let's hope this thread stays lively this season.

As far as streaming, I'm going to try an IPTV service.

Excited for this season, very interested to see what happens with the raptors this year. I also like the trade, he elevates the team to a much higher level as long as he's healthy and the guys gel. A lineup of Lowry/Green/Leonard/OG/Pascal is scary for most of the league and the team is deep.

Lakers are going to be interesting to follow.

Lots of interesting rookies to follow.

OKC is a lot deeper this year if they can get/stay healthy.

Rockets got worse defensively

Among other story lines.
    Last edited by brucebanner; 10-09-2018 at 05:07 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Boston tho. So much depth. hope they can all make it work. Stevens is a genius tho.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Toronto's ball movement looked nice last night. Ibaka and JV aren't known for their passing out of the post, but they did a pretty good job of finding the correct pass - JV to a cutting OG, and Ibaka finding Green for a 3.

Watching the Laker-Blazers game now and they're basically trading 2's for Portland 3's. If they keep going this week, I can see the Lakers scoring a million points in transition, or Lebron is going to the line 16 times a game.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Caught the last 3-4 minutes of the Raps opener, so I didn't get a good feel for how they were playing, happy with the W though. Leonard played 37 minutes, very good signs that he is healthy.

Boston fully outplayed the 76ers as a whole, they're going to be super tough this year. Tatum is so nice already, if he keeps developing like he is, I can see him taking minutes from Gordan.

Watched the first half of the Lakers / Trailblazers and the Lakers are a lot of fun to watch. Extremely deep at the 1/2 position. Need to play Lonzo more but Rondo played well so it was hard to take him off the floor. As a team they shot poorly from 3 and that's the knock on the team, I think they'll shoot league average over the course of the year, no 3's were dropping last night. I think they'll make noise in the west, I'm leaning towards top 5 finish.

Looking forward to the Celtics / Raps game tonight, I'll only get to watch the second half but this matchup is the key matchup of the east. I really think the Raps can come out on top and make the finals this year since there is no Lebron to go through anymore haha. Thrilled that the NBA is back!

My Ride
    Macan GTS

i'm a big time dubs fan. i followed them loosely before but then lived for a year in the bay area just south of san francisco during their 73-9 season. it was crazy, everyone just got sucked into the atmosphere over the season despite the end result. steph is so insane with his handles and shooting and KD is an assassin too. it'll be interesting to see how boogie is integrated into the lineup, but the season is long.

of course, i support the raps also. it was disappointing last year in the second around against the cavs; if they had only won that first game... they've got a lot to prove this year.

rockets are good, but i think less so than last year. they've lost a couple depth pieces, CP3 is older, and carmelo is just a poison pill.

boston i haven't watched that much but with kyrie healthy and hayward improving, probably a contender.

LAL and OKC storylines will be interesting as well.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by bruceod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watched the first half of the Lakers / Trailblazers and the Lakers are a lot of fun to watch. Extremely deep at the 1/2 position. Need to play Lonzo more but Rondo played well so it was hard to take him off the floor. As a team they shot poorly from 3 and that's the knock on the team, I think they'll shoot league average over the course of the year, no 3's were dropping last night. I think they'll make noise in the west, I'm leaning towards top 5 finish.

Looking forward to the Celtics / Raps game tonight, I'll only get to watch the second half but this matchup is the key matchup of the east. I really think the Raps can come out on top and make the finals this year since there is no Lebron to go through anymore haha. Thrilled that the NBA is back!

Yeah. I think the Lakers Showtime is basically going to look like youth basketball where they just look to cause turnovers and run the fastbreak as fast as they can. They've got so many ballhandlers, playmakers and finishers, but no shooters.

Are you saying top 5 in the league? Or the west?

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    Yeah. I think the Lakers Showtime is basically going to look like youth basketball where they just look to cause turnovers and run the fastbreak as fast as they can. They've got so many ballhandlers, playmakers and finishers, but no shooters.

Are you saying top 5 in the league? Or the west?
    Ingram, Hart, Kuz and KCP are all good shooters. Those shots will fall more than they did last night.

I'm saying top 5 west, I think top 5 in the league is a bigger stretch.

Warriors, Celtics, Raptors. Rockets, Jazz top 5 in the league I think, in no particular order.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceod View Post
    Ingram, Hart, Kuz and KCP are all good shooters.
    All those guys are average shooters. You wouldn't set up a play for any of them to shoot an open 3 at the end of a game. Lakers shooting was atrocious last night. Even if they even out to be league average that means they'll be an average team which means fighting just to make playoffs. Too early to judge a team after 1 game but Lakers are far from a finished product in terms of personnel. Without a doubt they'll be shopping for shooters and a shot blocker at the trade deadline.

My Ride
    NC1

Reminded me of the Houston game lol Are these guys gonna sink a 3 here or what? haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Has wheels

I'm not saying they're knockdown shooters like Reddick, Korver etc. but I think they're going to be reliable. I don't disagree that they'll be shifting personal before the season is up. 1 game is definitely far too little to go off for sure, fun to watch them for the first half anyway (I went to bed after that haha).

My Ride
    NC1

The Raps and KL

Keep it up!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Has wheels

Leonard looks healthy, little more rust to shake off. Toronto is going to make some noise this year. Long as they stay healthy, NBA finals here they come!

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I swear Masai Ujiri has dirt on every other team president/owner/GM in the league.

Convinces the Knicks to give up a first-rounder for Bargnani (Bargnani!) - To be fair the Knicks will Knick, so maybe it's not so surprising.
    Trades Vasquez (Vasquez!) for a 2015 2nd-rounder who turns into Powell and a 2017 first-rounder who turns into OG (OG!)
    Finds FVV off the undrafted scrap heap
    And, the icing on the cake:
    Trades Demar and Poetl for Kawhi AND gets Danny Green as a salary match! I'm pretty sure Green may go down as the greatest salary match of all time.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...eneral-manager

In explaining his veto of the trade that would have sent Paul to the Lakers, Stern calls Pelican's (then Hornets) GM Dell Demps a "lousy general manager."

Some strong words from a guy who is still somewhat involved in the league about a GM who is still active.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Boooo. No Giannis, no Kawhi tonight!

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast