Quantcast
Official NBA Thread - Page 22 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22

Thread: Official NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Lakers need to go back to square 1 and stick to basic team building. Getting rejected by Hurley is a sign that either the Laker brand isn't as strong as it used to be, or that the current roster isn't worth the bag (and probably anxiety) that comes with the position. I think it's a combination of both - I think like 35-60, respectively.

It'll probably mean they suck for a few years, and it probably means telling Lebron to fuck right off if he disagrees.
    I think if you are going to try and entice a college coach to leave you need to come with the right money. That would have had to be somewhere in between the Spoelstra/Williams contracts otherwise who in their right mind would want to go coach a Lebron team? That's pretty much career suicide right there.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post
    I think if you are going to try and entice a college coach to leave you need to come with the right money. That would have had to be somewhere in between the Spoelstra/Williams contracts otherwise who in their right mind would want to go coach a Lebron team? That's pretty much career suicide right there.
    That's why I think JJ made sense as a candidate. Listening to his podcast, he knows a lot about the game and knows a lot about the inner workings of a locker room. But he's too inexperienced as a coach to realize what he's getting into.

A lot of experienced, coaching lifers don't want the gig because they've seen what happens when they coach a Lebron team. Almost every coach he's had has been recognized as one of the top coaches in the league, and almost every one of them has been unceremoniously fired.

Redick, on the other hand, is probably too inexperienced and too arrogant to realize the magnitude of what's expected of him.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Dallas picking up Klay was pretty good. Apparently he turned down more money and a longer contract from other teams.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    Dallas picking up Klay was pretty good. Apparently he turned down more money and a longer contract from other teams.
    After Hardaway Jr gave them nothing for almost the entire playoffs, it made sense they felt they needed a more experienced and better shooter.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    That's why I think JJ made sense as a candidate. Listening to his podcast, he knows a lot about the game and knows a lot about the inner workings of a locker room. But he's too inexperienced as a coach to realize what he's getting into.

A lot of experienced, coaching lifers don't want the gig because they've seen what happens when they coach a Lebron team. Almost every coach he's had has been recognized as one of the top coaches in the league, and almost every one of them has been unceremoniously fired.

Redick, on the other hand, is probably too inexperienced and too arrogant to realize the magnitude of what's expected of him.
    Redick now has two previous HC as lead assistants. It'll be interesting to see how JJ is as a coach, he obviously knows the game and seems to be a great communicator.

Lots of movement around the league:

OKC getting rid of Giddy for Caruso is a win for both teams. Also signing Isaiah Hartenstein is a win for them as well, even though it's a relatively big contract. Should be #1 in the west if they want to go for it again.

Dallas, I think overall got better with their changes adding Klay, Grimes & Marshall.

Denver gets worse once again not wanting to spend money after the new CBA kicked in.

Really like the Spurs signing Chris Paul, he's clearly in the twilight of his career but Wemby and their rookie Stephon Castle should learn a shit ton. If healthy (always a caveat for the league) they could challenge for a play in spot. Wemby + CP3 should be that good.

Pelicans getting Murray is a nice pickup for them. Apparently trying to trade Ingram so it remains to be seen how that team is going to look. They need a C after letting JV walk, someone like Miles turner to put around Zion.

Raptors going to be a play in type team this year I suspect, letting the young guys play. I thought the Quickley deal was rich. Would've been nice to get him locked up for closer to 100m total, not 175. Scottie getting the max, of course they have to but I don't love that either. Trading McDaniel's for Davion Mitchell, Sasha Vezenkov and the No. 45 pick was good business. Rumor has it Vezenkov wants to return to Europe and play. He would be a solid rotation piece I think even though he didn't get much run with the Kings.

Boston giving everyone big money after the title. Naturally going to run it back after the title. They're also up for sale! Beyond group buy, come on beyond ballers! Get it rolling max

Magic signing KCP away from Denver is big and on a decent contract. Resigning their own guys, and with some internal growth from the main young guys should be even better this year.

I'm sure I can ramble on some more about some moves but I'll leave it at that for now - there's more moves to come yet!

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Interesting game last night between USA and Canada.

Size is going to be an issue and they couldn't compete with the USA in the open court either. Not the best game from either team, but pretty understandable considering both teams haven't been together for very long and USA has one (soon to be two) guys who are still hungover. But I thought it was really interesting that USA played their main guys a lot more in 4Q than Canada did, and only came out of it +1. That Canada played their fringe guys like Birch, Ejim and the Scrubb Bros for most of the quarter against Lebron-led lineups and still couldn't pull away is a little concerning.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Jalen Brunson of the Knicks signs 150+m extension, he would've been able to sign 250+ next year. That's a lot of bread to leave on the table. Certainly has to be some back room marketing deal or something to leave that kind of money on the table.
    Last edited by brucebanner; 07-13-2024 at 10:37 AM.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    Jalen Brunson of the Knicks signs 150+m extension, he would've been able to sign 250+ next year. That's a lot of bread to leave on the table. Certainly has to be some back room marketing deal or something to leave that kind of money on the table.
    There was probably some understanding after the Knicks paid a crap ton to complete their Villanova Megazord. I don't know if Brunson quite falls into that category, but I've always thought top-tier guys, like Lebron, Dame, Giannis, etc., should take less money to let the team get better players around them, because their marketability as winners is going to get them a lot more money than their playing contracts ever will.

As much as I hate him, Tom Brady knew that better than anyone.

My Ride
    V6 Hybrids

Jalen just took a bag of cash under the table lol

Also I didn’t know South Sudan had a team
    https://x.com/jomboymedia/status/181...040095922?s=48
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It’s a practice game and they’re trying to figure out chemistry. Won’t read too much into it. Happens every pre olympics games.

Watching wnba all stars vs team USA. Hope the all stars kick the old ass team usa’s asses haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    V6 Hybrids

you know dream team 1 would never let that happen lol win by 40 easy mode

yes go all stars, mainly caitlin clark
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22