Quantcast
Official NBA Thread - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NBA Thread

My Ride
    NC1

Congrats Denver! Well deserved
    Good core, patience with injuries to porter junior and Murray

It all came together for them. They look good but the league still feels wide open and depending who shuffled around etc.

Major respect to butler and heat culture as well.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The question is how many can they afford to keep? The cap is going up but so will their demands. Pat Riley has called the Disease of More (I think), where everyone has an inflated value (self or market) after winning a chip. On top of that, they're not just over the cap, they're in the Super Tax bracket, so shit is going to get very expensive for them.

Game 5 was a slog. Not the prettiest of basketball, but the refs also let a lot of contact go which leads to games like that. I think a lot of the no-calls skewed towards Miami, but overall the refs had their whistle in their pockets for a good chunk of the game.
    Some seen to think it'll last a while.

https://theathletic.com/4602425/2023...inals-dynasty/

My Ride
    Has wheels

Battle of a game and low scoring by todays standards. Bad shooting by both teams, especially in the first half. Denver's core is locked up but its the role pieces they'll struggle to keep. The new CBA really is going to hamstring teams in the tax and also cut down on role players making bigger money.

Be interesting to see how things play out for the league this off season even.

Big congrats to the Nuggets though, they've been trending up for several years now.
    Last edited by brucebanner; 06-13-2023 at 03:30 PM.

Good to see what was a joke of a franchise win one. Other than the Clippers and Hornets since MJ there probably hasn't been a worse franchise. All the other non-championship teams had their heyday - Orlando with Shaq, Phoenix with Barkley, Utah in late 90s, SAC should've won at least 1 if it wasn't for Donaghy. Even Clippers had their lob city days. I don't recall Denver ever being very good before this.

"Dynasties" aren't much fun for anyone other than fans of that particular team. Its great for marketing since you have MJ, LBJ, Curry playing into June year after year but by definition its not great for competition. Nobody wants to see Celtics win 10 straight years like they did in the 60s. In that sense its been refreshing to see Denver, Milwaukee, TO win in the past 5 years.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    Some seen to think it'll last a while.

https://theathletic.com/4602425/2023...inals-dynasty/
    Yeah. I didn't realize that the starting 5 is locked up through 2025.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    rally pig

NBA Draft today, but there has been some interesting trades already the past couple of days
    Beal going to Phoenix, is CP3 going to want to stay in Washington?
    Porzingis traded to Boston, Smart going to Grizzlies to help especially while Ja is gone for 25 games.
    Interesting to see if Lillard decides to be traded.

Regarding the draft, if Spurs picks Wembanyama then Greg P should hopefully be the perfect coach for him. Havent followed much about Brandon Miller but there seems to be alot of interest with Scoot Henderson

My Ride
    Has wheels

Beal trade was bad but he still has his NTC, apparently that hurt his return value. No way CP3 stays with the wizards. I say Suns trade Ayton, for multiple pieces coming back to fill out Suns roster.

Lots of noise around trades over the draft. 2nd pick, 3rd pick. Woj said yesterday that Blazers shut down Dame trade talks, that leans towards trading 3rd pick. Should be lots of action during the draft tonight.
    I'd like the Raps to trade Siakam for 3rd pick + salary (simmons / sharpe) and lean into the younger guys. Sign and trade FVV to magic, rockets or whoever. It would suck to lose a player like him for nothing.

LOL @ CP3 staying with the Wiz. Dude is almost 40 he's not playing for a tanking team.

Draft picks are always a crapshoot. Its just cheaper labor and a lottery ticket at landing a star for small market teams. If you look at past drafts from 5 or 6 years ago the majority of lottery picks aren't even part of a rotation anymore. Big market teams and teams built to win now should nearly always trade picks to land starters/rotation guys. Seen too many drafts of sure shot stars turn into duds. Too many to name but I'll name a few recent ones anyway - Simmons, Fultz, Exum, Okafor, Zion too because he's been so often injured his production is just as non-existent as a bad pick.

People hating on the Porzingis trade for BOS but I like it. Smart is past his DPOY days. A line up of Horford + Porzingis is gonna be pretty good defensively and Porzingis is big upgrade offensively. Still think they need to break up Tatum and Brown because its not working but I think the trade was an immediate upgrade.

CP3 going to Golden State! Kind of surprised they traded Jordan Poole for him

My Ride
    NC1

looks like they are keeping dray > poole - i think this is a good call
    I am user #49

GSW thinks (correctly) Poole was on a bad lengthy & expensive contract thru 2027. They get to dump his contract and avoid the bad chemistry with Dray while picking up CP3 on an expiring contract and can potentially help before their championship window closes. DC probably sees a higher ceiling in Poole than GSW and gets a player to build around. Players often excel in new environments. That's the beauty of trades is they often work out for both parties.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post

People hating on the Porzingis trade for BOS but I like it. Smart is past his DPOY days. A line up of Horford + Porzingis is gonna be pretty good defensively and Porzingis is big upgrade offensively. Still think they need to break up Tatum and Brown because its not working but I think the trade was an immediate upgrade.

Smart has flaws on the floor (I think they both have a pathological need to show they're smarter than the refs by trying to game them and con them into calls), but he's also an instrumental piece to their culture and on defense. I think if there is a team that could really benefit from that kind of influence, it's probably Memphis. It's fairly evident that Smart isn't the kind of guy to back down or likes to get ignored.

Spurs getting to pick Wemby at #1 was wildly fortunate. They've been so consistently good that they've only had 2 late lottery picks since drafting Duncan in '97. They hit the lottery jackpot again with presumably another generational talent. Wonder if this keeps Popovich around for a while longer but most likely not. He's already the oldest head coach and Coach K retired around the same age. Even if Wemby lives up to the hype it takes a couple years before Spurs become contenders again.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Didn't see CP3 going to GS. Poole will get to put up a ton of reps next season and see if his game can regain some form. Kuz definitely not staying with the wiz unless they overpay.

CP3 fit in GS is a bit strange, but they're all smart enough to make it work. Going to be interesting to see how that develops.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    Didn't see CP3 going to GS. Poole will get to put up a ton of reps next season and see if his game can regain some form. Kuz definitely not staying with the wiz unless they overpay.

CP3 fit in GS is a bit strange, but they're all smart enough to make it work. Going to be interesting to see how that develops.
    CP3 has shown an ability to play off the ball and take his turn with PHX. Short-rolling to Draymond with Steph and Klay on the perimeter might be a terrifying thought (as long as Draymond is willing to try to score once in awhile).

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    CP3 has shown an ability to play off the ball and take his turn with PHX. Short-rolling to Draymond with Steph and Klay on the perimeter might be a terrifying thought (as long as Draymond is willing to try to score once in awhile).
    I don't disagree. Having Steph & Klay off ball is a problem for all teams, I'm just looking forward to seeing what they actually do and how it works. They're a smart team, it's going to work, I just want to watch it.

I was expecting more action with trades through the draft. I like the raps pick with GD. Going to help open the floor for the team with at least him and GTJ on the floor.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    I don't disagree. Having Steph & Klay off ball is a problem for all teams, I'm just looking forward to seeing what they actually do and how it works. They're a smart team, it's going to work, I just want to watch it.

I was expecting more action with trades through the draft. I like the raps pick with GD. Going to help open the floor for the team with at least him and GTJ on the floor.
    The question, of course, is how long can CP3 (or any of them really) can stay healthy and is there enough depth to provide temporary relief? How much anyone on that team have left in their respective tanks is a legitimate concern.

My Ride
    NC1

Can mod change title to
    The NBA thread or something
    Jaylen brown
    5y / 304m super max
    aha
    I am user #49

Bronny also had cardiac arrest, pretty crazy being so young.

My Ride
    NC1

Yea that’s scary as hell
    I am user #49

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast