Quantcast
true wireless earphones - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: true wireless earphones

Didn't realize the 65t were already on BT 5.0. Dunno how they improved battery life so much on 75t. Although at the ~$200 price point I'd rather spend a little more and get active noise cancellation. The problem with the 2nd gen Sony and Bose earbuds is they are both much bulkier than I'd like. I hate the protruding out of your ears look that makes it look like you're in 2005 wearing BT headsets in both ears.

I've had my 65T for I think 3-4 months now, they are awesome up at site. I get 3 solid workouts in and pop them in the case each night. often when i go to plug them in during the weekend the case is still green after 6-7 hours of play time at probably 2/3-3/4 volume. rarely is the dot that orange/yellow indicator

My only comment for those who get the 65T is it order some comply tips, the stock silicones for me were shit. changed the quality/fit by leaps with foam.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't realize the 65t were already on BT 5.0. Dunno how they improved battery life so much on 75t. Although at the ~$200 price point I'd rather spend a little more and get active noise cancellation. The problem with the 2nd gen Sony and Bose earbuds is they are both much bulkier than I'd like. I hate the protruding out of your ears look that makes it look like you're in 2005 wearing BT headsets in both ears.
    I am not sure how much noise canceling you want, but I can't even hear someone drop a weight stack beside me at the gym with the 65t's, nor can I hear the gym's (loud) music or cars driving by me on the street when I am walking into work.

Battery life on the 65t's is better than advertised, and with the charging case, as long as you aren't using them for 6+ hours continuously, I don't think battery life with any of these options is even a consideration for most applications. The case gives you another 10-15 hours. I charge my case probably once every 2 weeks, and my earbuds are always at 100%. I just find it to be a complete non-issue and I use them every single day.

I personally like the stock tips, but a lot of guys do swap them out - it's easy to do.

The Jabras in general have really cool features - I am not sure how it compares to other ear buds, but they just work 100% of the time perfectly. I've never had a single disconnection or so much as a hint of connection issue. If you take out an earbud, it automatically pauses your music and plays when you re-insert it. If you take them out of the case, they turn on automatically, connect to the device(s) automatically, and connect the second earbud automatically. You can get it to pipe exterior noise into the earbuds so you can have a normal conversation with people. It handles calls seamlessly, as well as Google assistant. I am super happy with them, and they are really comfy even after 2+ hr I forget they are in my ears. I connect 2 devices at once and you can seamlessly switch between content just by pausing on one device and playing on the other. The range is also great, I've yet to find it's limits.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-08-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I am not sure how much noise canceling you want, but I can't even hear someone drop a weight stack beside me at the gym with the 65t's, nor can I hear the gym's (loud) music or cars driving by me on the street when I am walking into work.
    Nice to have active noise cancellation for walking when there's traffic around and not having to turn the music all the way up. Especially when listening to new music it's useful to be able to listen at a reasonable volume and hear everything thats going on in the song with a clear soundstage. Another plus is not having to bring the bulky Bose over the year headphones on flights. Takes up a significant amount of space especially when I only ever travel with one bag.

I'm tired of waiting for the perfect true wireless earbuds though. Once all the major players announce their 2nd gen I'm gonna pick one even if it doesn't hit all my wants. Might even pick up a pair of 1st gen buds on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Nice to have active noise cancellation for walking when there's traffic around and not having to turn the music all the way up. Especially when listening to new music it's useful to be able to listen at a reasonable volume and hear everything thats going on in the song with a clear soundstage. Another plus is not having to bring the bulky Bose over the year headphones on flights. Takes up a significant amount of space especially when I only ever travel with one bag.

I'm tired of waiting for the perfect true wireless earbuds though. Once all the major players announce their 2nd gen I'm gonna pick one even if it doesn't hit all my wants. Might even pick up a pair of 1st gen buds on the cheap.
    I never listen to mine super loud, but you're right in that the volume does affect the degree of noise canceling. I use mine on flights too and I can't really hear any plane noise, at least in my opinion - and you don't have to be blasting them. At least half of my listening is podcasts, which is pretty mild, and they still do a really good job of cutting out noise.

If you just want something now, grab some 65t Actives on sale, and wait a year or so for what you really want. Buy from Amazon instead of a brick & mortar store because a lot of places won't let you return earphones - that way if you aren't happy, at least there is a no-risk 30 day trial.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

I have these, super happy with them.

https://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/h...ones/wh-ch700n

Name:  6E8FEFDB-7916-4BE0-B051-962016845BBB.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  36.7 KB
    Last edited by 89coupe; 10-08-2019 at 04:06 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    I have these, super happy with them.

https://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/h...ones/wh-ch700n

Name:  6E8FEFDB-7916-4BE0-B051-962016845BBB.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  36.7 KB
    Wrong thread lol.

This is the true wireless earphone thread.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Wrong thread lol.

This is the true wireless earphone thread.
    No wires, they are not fake.

No wires, they are not fake.
    Those are not earphones they're headphones. On top of that they have a connection between each ear, making them not true wireless.

Headphone = over ear, head strap
    Earphone/IEM = in ear
    Earbud = like earphone, but sits just inside the ear and not the ear canal

Wireless = no wire between the unit and the player
    True wireless = no wire between each ear or the player
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-08-2019 at 04:49 PM.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Those are not earphones they're headphones. On top of that they have a connection between each ear, making them not true wireless.

Headphone = over ear, head strap
    Earphone/IEM = in ear
    Earbud = like earphone, but sits just inside the ear and not the ear canal

Wireless = no wire between the unit and the player
    True wireless = no wire between each ear or the player
    Ahhhh, so specific these days.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Ahhhh, so specific these days.
    This isn't even really specific. This is a whole different product category here lol.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This isn't even really specific. This is a whole different product category here lol.
    I classify them all together, wireless sound to your ears.

I’m old haha

My Ride
    This and that.

Didn't read the whole thread but is there anything that's truly wireless out there that does noise canceling well?

Just came back from Mexico and AirPods were shit on the plane with being able to hear everything. Have over the ear wireless headphones with noise canceling as well that work great but find the case too bulky to carry.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Name:  Screenshot_20191008-222412.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  26.1 KB

I've been using these for about the last month. Not mind blowing sound quality but decent, okay battery (most straight play I've done was 3-4 hours) and they're comfortable enough. I use them daily for typically around 2.5 ~ and a single full charge on the carrying case lasts the week.

For the price, I'm certainly happy with them so far.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Didn't read the whole thread but is there anything that's truly wireless out there that does noise canceling well

Just came back from Mexico and AirPods were shit on the plane with being able to hear everything.
    What is this "everything" that you are hearing.

If it's crying babies, you want noise isolation.
    If it's the drone of the airplane mechanics, that's when you want noise cancelling

Didn't read the whole thread but is there anything that's truly wireless out there that does noise canceling well?

Just came back from Mexico and AirPods were shit on the plane with being able to hear everything. Have over the ear wireless headphones with noise canceling as well that work great but find the case too bulky to carry.
    If you're on a plane I don't know why you wouldn't invest in a pair of Bose 700 or Sony WH1000MX3 (I have a pair of MX2 and they are amazing).

The case for my Sony is similar length to my iphone 8+, it fits easily in all bags/backpacks etc.

As for true wireless sound buds those will never compare to the over ear. But Sony seem to be getting decent reviews on that?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

AirPods are useless on a plane. It's why I have a set of beats studio 3 for noise isolation and cancelling. Slept beside a crying baby on a 10 hour flight haha.

Jabra 65t / 65t Active.

Best true wireless for the money right now and does a great job canceling noise. They aren't active canceling but I think you'll find you don't need it. Also the thread isn't even 2 full pages if you want to read it, you can do it

Price on these just dropped by half. Expecting to see others follow.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...black/13458956
    Last edited by Manhattan; 10-09-2019 at 10:06 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

[OLDMAN] What's wrong with a cord between the two earbuds? is that six inch cord really impeding your movements or something? fucking two hundred dollar earphones? [/OLDMAN]
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast