Quantcast
true wireless earphones - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: true wireless earphones

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Default true wireless earphones

Looks like there are a bunch of high-end true wireless earphones coming into the market in a month or so if not already. I'm still rocking my Sennheiser IE80 but I'm thinking about jumping to wireless if the quality is on par.

These are the ones I know.

Bang and Olufsen BEO E8
    https://www.beoplay.com/en/products/beoplaye8

Master and Dynamic MW07
    https://www.masterdynamic.com/produc...less-earphones

Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless
    https://en-ca.sennheiser.com/momentum-truewireless

Audio Technica, I read that there are two models but I only found this on their website
    https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/h...5e6/index.html

They are all in the 400 dollars price range I believe. One charge will last about 3.5 to 4hrs with carrying case to recharge. I believe the B&O is out already. The Master and Dynamic came out not too long ago. Sennheiser and Audio Technica will have their earphones out in a month or so.

I know some of you are audiophiles so let's fire away and start the discussion.

My Ride
    Grimace

RHA announced some today. I have some wired ones and they are very good. 3 yr Warranty as well.
    https://www.rha-audio.com/ca/product...s/true-connect
    I am going to stick with wired for now, but the RHA seem up my alley.

I've only tried a few pairs (partially wireless I guess) in the $150 range (JayBird X3, Bose, etc.) and so far they have all been quite disappointing, and nowhere near as good as any of my $50-100 wired earphones. If $400 is the price for a decent set, especially since I use mine at the gym, I may have to keep the wire around a while longer. Typically I find them to have completely anemic bass and kind of a "distant" sound, almost as if they need more power. The bassiest pair I had by far was a $15 set from Amazon but after a few months the fact that they were a $15 pair of wireless earphones started to become an issue haha.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I'll still use my IE80 for sure. I paid good money for them and I'm really happy with the sound. It sure picks up a lot of details that I didn't notice with cheaper ones. $400 is really not that crazy considering how much a pair of high end IEMs usually costs. I'm hoping that these true wireless offerings can compare. My second concern is losing them. That would suck.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I picked up the Samsung Icon-X last year... been using them almost everyday. They work flawlessly, have arguably one of the most comfortable in-ear fit, good touch interface system on both buds, and have amazing sound quality.
    Do they work with YouTube and Video? Apparently that is a major issue with many of these true wireless earbuds. I watch hockey streams and other shows a lot at the gym while on cardio machines and that would be a deal breaker for me.

With the Pixel XL3 and 2018 iPad Pro both not having a headphone jack, I have been revisiting this. Everything around $200-250 (Samsung Icon-X, Jabra Elite 65t, Blose Soundsport, etc.) have really bad reviews from users. Maybe "true wireless" isn't quite there yet? I don't mind a cable connecting the two IEMs so long as they don't have any other major flaws.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

If you're ever thinking about headphones, the Bose QC35ii are actually pretty darn awesome for what they are.
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    If you're ever thinking about headphones, the Bose QC35ii are actually pretty darn awesome for what they are.
    Those do look really nice but I am specifically after IEMs. Those look awesome for a flight or something though. I don't like things on my head at the gym or while walking into work. I would like them to block out most of the sound though and I know Bose does a good job with active noise canceling.

I looked at dedicated USB-C headphones too and there are very few options, but at that point the dongle isn't really an issue other than my personal hatred towards them haha.

I personally have a set of Jaybird X3's for the gym and then I use Sony WH-1000xm2 at home/plane etc. I really love the Sony headphones for sure. The X3's do the trick for the gym, usually get 3 decent workouts without issue and charge after the 3rd one.

I do wish the X3's were slightly more comfortable in the ear and had a bit better seal, I'm sure some of that would be fixed by switching up the ear tips though. I was recently debating trying out the comply tips instead of the medium silicone that I use to see if it works (wasn't sure about foam + lots of sweat thought). As for sound I think they are decent, the EQ in the app is a good feature. I have no major issues with the connection, I know I have read some online, but the phone sits in my left pocket at the gym and no problems.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Ended up with the Sennheiser and just received them bad boys today. Initial impression is very comparable to my IE80 which is a good thing. I really wanted the Master and Dynamics. I inquired about them at K&W who is the dealer in town for M&D. They could get them for me but never bother to follow up after so that's that.

I should update this too - I ended up with Jabra Elite Active 65t's. So far they have exceeded my expectations, and I love that they connect to multiple devices. There is absolutely zero delay with Netflix, but it's noticeable on YouTube - not sure why that is but it works for me. Build quality is excellent. I just looking at them I have no clue how they stay in the ear so well, but it's really quite amazing - they are rock solid during workouts. The best part was they were free, thank you Amazon

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I should update this too - I ended up with Jabra Elite Active 65t's. So far they have exceeded my expectations, and I love that they connect to multiple devices. There is absolutely zero delay with Netflix, but it's noticeable on YouTube - not sure why that is but it works for me. Build quality is excellent. I just looking at them I have no clue how they stay in the ear so well, but it's really quite amazing - they are rock solid during workouts. The best part was they were free, thank you Amazon
    Gah, I looked at picking up a pair of these over Black Friday / Cyber Monday as they were on sale but never did. I am regretting it, I will wait until they go on sale again and order a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
    Gah, I looked at picking up a pair of these over Black Friday / Cyber Monday as they were on sale but never did. I am regretting it, I will wait until they go on sale again and order a pair.
    I bet they will be on again for Boxing Day.

There is a very similar sounding pair called the "Elite Sport" and you don't want those ones - not as good apparently.

If you don't need the "active" model, Amazon has the 65t's for $149 right now. The only difference between the Active 65t and regular 65t is a better charging case, a sweat proof coating, and 2yrs warranty that covers sweat damage.

My Ride
    Bicycle

When you guys say high quality wireless, do you check which of these protocol they support?

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post

When you guys say high quality wireless, do you check which of these protocol they support?
    Does it matter? Virtually everything is over 320 which is the best you're going to be getting with anything digital far as I have seen. More likely 256. Unless people have found a way to drag a vinyl turn table around with them?

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

It's all listed in their specs. I don't know enough to tell what they truly mean to my ears. The more the better? I think the only way I can experience the difference is to try them all and listen to the same track which is hard for a normal consumer. I'll have to take the words of internet reviews for it. Some reviews mention that you can hear different instruments much clearer with the Sennheiser. Now I can't compare since I only have the one but I do agree that the Sennheiser is very good in that regard. That depends on the source too, obviously some tracks are better to show case than others. I guess if you are so inclined, you can order them all, try them and return the ones you don't want.

While we can generally come to consensus when shit audio is shit. Premium audio is a bit hard to compare objectively especially with the difference in price. You usually pay a premium for marginal gain.

My Ride
    95B

I couldn't find a B&O E8 or a Sennheiser Momentum locally.
    After all the hype on the Jabra 65T I picked one up today. When I increase the volume it is crackling. When I was buying this, there was another customer at BB who was exchanging the 65T for the same reason. My guess is this must be a common issue.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Looks like the Sennheiser is on back order now. I pre-ordered mine from Sennheiser and the shipping was only 1 day from Quebec. I finally did a back to back comparison with my IE80 listening to the same song. I find the sound of the IE80 a bit more solid if that makes sense. I was really trying to nitpick and find differences. I'm glad that I still like the IE80 the most. The TWM is very close, not having to worry about tangling wire makes up for it.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Sig nuked by mod.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast