Quantcast
2018 Japanese Grand Prix - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 2018 Japanese Grand Prix

My Ride
    XT6

Default 2018 Japanese Grand Prix

Land of the rising sun....

Fascinating and insightful interview Peter Windsor did with Scarbs on Ferrari's engine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q1g...ature=youtu.be

My simpletons take, Ferrari had contravened the spirit of the rules and were asked by the FIA to remove said advantage behind closed doors.

The audible whine we heard from the Ferrari (electrical?), second sensor and ice on the air inlet had given them a distinct advantage in terms of peak power but may have also been utilized as a quasi traction control system.

Will be great to see Honda out develop Ferrari in the engine compartment.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Been following this a bit as well, and it lines up perfectly when Mercedes had no answer for Ferrari on the straights. Once this second sensor is installed, Ferrari magically loses their advantage and the results are telling. But if you aren't trying to bend the rules in F1, you aren't doing nearly enough.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Ahhh the land of the Samurai... The homeland of the Honda CRV, whos engineers kindly thought to add picnic table to the vehicle so owners could eat glorious tasting Wakado Ramen in the wilderness.

But this will be no Picnic.... Ferrari feels wounded.

As Count Von Meschermitt sat back at Castle Wolfenstein... he pondered by the fire... he needed a win. But how.....? He needed to redeem his honour.
    There was a sudden knock on the door. The door opened and giant fat shadowly figure appeared.. What appeared to be giant sumo wrestler stepped forward.. upon letting his eyes adjust to the shadow.. the count realised.. it was his ex girlfriend... She had become a sumo wrestler.

My Count.. I have valuable intel that could help redeem your honour..
    'How..?' The Count asked puzzlingly.
    She led him to the bathroom and to the new Japanese Honda Toilet that had been installed with a Vtech Turbo Flush. She pointed to a strange symbol engraved... ' The answer is right here...
    Name:  makoto.gif
Views: 230
Size:  2.2 KB

The count narrowed his eyes and ralised what the symbol was. The answer was right in his face...'ahhh the Bushido code. Thats how I will do it'.. he let out a mighty laugh.. 'Muhahahahahahahaa.'
    With that laugh they headed down to dine and feasted on Ichiban..
    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  13.4 KB

Back at the Goomba Manor in England... It was a dark evening...foggy and raining.
    Name:  PA-11747220-390x285.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  36.0 KB

Th ugly goomba was playing Mario cart. His pussay cat dool partner called out to him.. 'Goomba... Dinner is ready.'
    Goomba screamed back..'What!? Cant you see im practicing for Japan..?'
    'But babe.. I made Sushi.. We need to prepare your stomach for what lies ahead.'
    'But im Vegan..'
    She screemed back.. 'you dont love me anymore!!' She stormed to the bedroom and slammed the door shut.
    Little did they know outside was a shadowly figure watching the house... In a dark trench coast soaked by the rain.. dark beady eyes watched Goobma play his Nintendo though the thatched window.
    Name:  C_Gol_01.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  19.2 KB
    He let out a whisper to himself.. revenge will be mine my precious...metoo shall have victory.. But he felt conflicted.. at unease.. 'No No.. I can't... We are brothers.. Yes yes brothers... We must haz wins together'
    With that thought Bottas turned into the gloomy darkness and walked into night..

Nippon awaited..

Name:  Japanese_Navy_Grunge_Flag_by_EnCleaver.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  395.9 KB

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

What the hell did I just read...

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What the hell did I just read...
    Lol. I just ignore it.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I’ve missed these tonytiger f1 posts haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It’s confirmed. Vettel fucking sucks lol. Can’t handle rain at all.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Honda beating Alonso is what I came to see. Max was savage in the post qualy interview lol.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Ferrari couldn't get a grip on what tires to use and then Vettel could manage the grip he had. Shocking performance from the red team.

On-site note: ran into a group of Aussies who were attempting to set up a Tinder date with one of the Mercedes crew in an effort to get themselves into the pits. Godspeed, you fine gentlemen.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ferrari couldn't get a grip on what tires to use and then Vettel could manage the grip he had. Shocking performance from the red team.

On-site note: ran into a group of Aussies who were attempting to set up a Tinder date with one of the Mercedes crew in an effort to get themselves into the pits. Godspeed, you fine gentlemen.
    Mercedes trolled them, they threw on intermediates and stayed in the garage. Ferrari responded to cover them and went out to get track position at pit exit. Now stuck with inters on a dry track, Mercedes then swapped to SS and released the cars making Ferrari look absolutely stupid haha.

The funny thing is, because Ferrari came back and put in dry tires, their extra lap inadvertently gave them the best track conditions before the rain. Kimi didn’t have a perfect lap, but was good enough to haul himself into 4th. Vettel fucks himself by going off on Spoon, and sayonara as the rain came down after the next lap.

The entire sequence was fucking glorious.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

That's wild! I had heard Ferrari technically had the best track conditions but both drivers messed up by putting a tire on the still-wet rumble strips. Hadn't heard about the Mercedes tire trickery, that's next-level stuff haha.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

30th Anniversary Legends demonstration lap was just awesome, hearing all the different engines from over the decades was stunning. The N/A motors just howl! Stark contrast to the current cars, even if they also sound impressive (well, apart from the TR Honda that sounds like a washing machine full of wrenches on decel haha).

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Anyone watching...
    Am at a friends and sneakly put on tsn..

Amazing first 10 laps. Seb is his own worst enemy. The same could be said about Max.
    Last edited by phreezee; 10-06-2018 at 11:36 PM.

My Ride
    Grimace

Why try to pass Max when he has a penalty and to try there and like that. Just stupid. What a comedic race so far though.

My Ride
    95B

Can't wait for Austin.
    SV and Ferrari clearly shows that they cannot handle pressure. Next season there will lot of fireworks in that team with CL going in.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I drank too much wine and to scurry to bed before my head exploded.

I love Max, crazy hothead. Adds a bit of spicy madness to the mix.. our F1 Vinadoo! Maybe that could be a new character in my F1 story saga.. Max Vinda Loo! geddit..? loo..? Nevermind.

What happened to Count Von? Poor bugger is trying too hard and needs get consitency in the points.

Where is Rage2..?

Im going to make some tea...

Name:  73FqBWQ.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  42.6 KB

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I was watching at a friends house. Great race haha. Love the Ferrari implosion. Ferrari fans are all turning against Vettel. Delicious.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Yep. Cant blame Max on that one. He was fair and Seb went in too hot. Good race overall