Quantcast
How to get money back from transaction with eBay? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: How to get money back from transaction with eBay?

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Default How to get money back from transaction with eBay?

Bought some TPMS sensors for my car to install in my winter tires. Did the research and found the right sensors on eBay from a place in California. Quantity said they had 7 in stock. Bought 4. Got a message from the seller the next day saying they only have 2 and a shipment is coming at the end of the week. That was in mid Sept. I told them to wait until they had all 4 to send. That wasn't a problem.

End of the week rolls around and no contact. I waited until Oct 1 to ask 'what is the status'. Oct 2 they replied with 'will know for sure by this evening.' No contact was made that evening.

Oct. 5 they say that the sensors didn't come with the shipment and it's unknown when or if they will arrive. They said they can send 2 now and 2 later. I politely declined and asked for a refund and I haven't heard from them since. As of now, I'm hoping I hear from them in the next few days.

I ordered this stuff as a Guest. I have never been yanked around with any online sale before. If I don't hear from them, is there any recourse I have to get my money back?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bought some TPMS sensors for my car to install in my winter tires. Did the research and found the right sensors on eBay from a place in California. Quantity said they had 7 in stock. Bought 4. Got a message from the seller the next day saying they only have 2 and a shipment is coming at the end of the week. That was in mid Sept. I told them to wait until they had all 4 to send. That wasn't a problem.

End of the week rolls around and no contact. I waited until Oct 1 to ask 'what is the status'. Oct 2 they replied with 'will know for sure by this evening.' No contact was made that evening.

Oct. 5 they say that the sensors didn't come with the shipment and it's unknown when or if they will arrive. They said they can send 2 now and 2 later. I politely declined and asked for a refund and I haven't heard from them since. As of now, I'm hoping I hear from them in the next few days.

I ordered this stuff as a Guest. I have never been yanked around with any online sale before. If I don't hear from them, is there any recourse I have to get my money back?
    How did you pay?

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Sorry, should have specified in the OP. I paid by credit card.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    This and that.

Was it via Paypal? I didn’t know there was a way to pay directly on eBay via a credit card? In eBay itself there is a ‘request refund’ option under your purchases typically though.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, should have specified in the OP. I paid by credit card.
    If you don't have a eBay account to track purchases, it might need to be done through a charge back.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

^ The confirmation email I received from eBay shows the payment method as credit card. I don't remember Paypal coming into play at all during the sale. It has been many years since I bought something from eBay, so I've been relearning it as I go.

In the email, it gives me the option to view order details. When I click that, it opens a webpage with all the info and you can select to 'Leave feedback. Contact seller. Return item.'

I guess return item is the start point for getting money back??? If I click 'Return item' it opens another page with a drop down menu to select a reason why. A text box to add required details. Quantity number to return. And photos to add if needed.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

Contact your credit card company, explain the situation, and provide proof if necessary. Alternatively, you can also threaten the seller with a negative review and threaten to contact eBay directly. If that's not your cup of tea, then just contact eBay directly.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

If I were you I would use the built in mechanism for dispute/refund in Ebay...

Essentially, what happened is that you paid but did not receive the product. I think there's a "notes" box where you can explain the situation. I wouldn't be surprised if Ebay refunds in full or makes the reseller refund in full.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    This and that.

I think the issue might be that since he’s not a full member and purchased it as a guest he’s not seeing all the usual options that we typically see in ‘my ebay’ It might be his only option to file a charge back with his credit card company.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

No contact from them again today. I'll give them until Tuesday night before I start pushing back. Thanks for all the advice here tho.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Probably can get money back from PayPal, but hassle, and will lose few bucks from exchange rate.....
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Received a message from them a couple hours ago saying "We will process refund right away." Looks like all is well so far. I'll be relieved when the money back hits my card. Have to wait and see.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

They most likely will refund it with relative ease. eBay is brutal against sellers and will side with you 100% if they don't have tracking info. So if they haven't refunded it by the end of the week you can just email eBay and say I purchased this X date, the seller hasn't shipped it and said they would refund me but haven't and eBay will force the refund without any effort.