Quantcast
Mexico - Caribbean vs. Pacific Coast - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mexico - Caribbean vs. Pacific Coast

If you want adult only on the west shore, Breathless Cabo. We went last year and it was awesome. Great food and atmosphere. The nightlife is great too.

Quote Originally Posted by cidley69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're planning a 7 day all inclusive somewhere warm this winter, early February. About three couples, leaving the kidlets behind for the first time. Would love to find somewhere west cost that has nice swimming beach, and a town within walking distance to get off the resort for entertainment. Hualtuco is off list as the resorts there look pretty isolated.

Can you name a few of the beaches that are decent for swimming?
    Parent to Parent, i can guarantee you guys will have an amazing time even in Edmonton lol Even a simple meal out with no kids is a good time. PV is good for most of what you want but the beaches are nothing like cancun
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Well this thread just pushed me over the edge. We just booked a week in at Dreams in Cabo with our two small kids. The 4.5 hour flight sealed the deal. Now I just need to find a way to upgrade our seats to plus on the cheeeeeeapppp.
    Last edited by thinmyster; 10-12-2018 at 02:52 AM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    Hello Beyond,

I'm looking for first hand experience on families that have traveled at least a few times to both the East & West coasts of Mexico. We've been to the Mayan Riviera area (Cancun down to Tulum) several times but the seaweed situation seems to be getting worse, not better. We're thinking about giving the Pacific side a try but I don't know much about the decent areas. Is Puerto Vallarta the place to be over there or is there a different area you have been to and would recommend?

TIA
    Not a lot of perspective is being given on peoples opinions, and even less info in regards to the fact you're going as a family.

Anything on the west coast, water will be worse or downright unswimable. Cabo is dry as hell if that's something you care about, plus it's not warm once the sun goes down which means even more kids clothing to pack around. Personally I'll never go back just because of how dry it is. Only real plus side to going west coast with kids, is the flight is a little bit shorter.

Mayan area. All resorts will be very well equipped for kids. Kids clubs, water park area, etc. Water is warm and usually has wave breaks so it's safer for kids. Seaweed sucks, but they do a decent job cleaning it up nowadays I find. Resorts are generally much bigger and more spread out in the Mayan. This can be positive or negative depending on you. Personally I would like having more space to move around and stop my kids from being bored. But on the other hand you might not want to drag your kids across the resort if you have a bit of a walk to the buffet from your room.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2