Quantcast
Optik TV adding/removing channels - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Optik TV adding/removing channels

Default Optik TV adding/removing channels

Not sure if appropriate sub-forum but here goes.

We've had Optik TV for a number of years now and the one thing I've found annoying is not being able to log into my account on-line and see the actual channels available to us for the packages we've signed up for. Add to this the fact that channels will just all of a sudden become available and a part of our programmed choices and others will all of a sudden become unavailable and we'll get the "you're subscribed to this channel" message when selecting that channel.

Does anyone know of a way to verify what channels are available with respect to the packages you've signed up for outside of scrolling and clicking on every channel after going into the channel guide options area and also how to get the system to just delete/not offer channels you weren't subscribed to in the first place?

Other than that, Optik TV is great and I guess that's but a small annoyance and maybe it's just TELUS adjusting their offerings but at least inform me in some way.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

I just logged on the other day and went over our channel line-up including adding a few single channels, not sure what you're doing wrong??

As for the guide, click on options > favorites list > subscribed channels. I think that's what your looking for?

I'm not explaining things as well as I could, we'll have channels just show up in our guide and others that we have been watching that will now show up as not being subscribed to any more and we haven't done any changes to our account. Previews of certain channels maybe?

Edit - after doing some reading it would appear that sikid111 may have solved the old fart's problem, thanks.
    Last edited by speedog; 10-08-2018 at 07:06 PM.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Subscribed channels favourites list as sikid111 mentioned is what you want. Yes some channels will show up when in free preview, but I believe they go away once that's over. Keep in mind, that with the favourites channel list thing mentioned by sikkid111, if you use manual channel entry (enter channel 135 right from the live view for example), but you aren't subscribed to that channel, it will tell you so, but it usually also resets the guide back to all channels, instead of just the subscribed ones. Also if you like doing it oldschool and scrolling through channels with up and down button while in live view, it will also set you channel guide back as you are scrolling through channels incrementally one at a time, so it assumes you want to go to places that you aren't subscribed to. This isn't a problem if you use the guide like most people do, in which case you can scroll all you want and enter channel numbers to jump in the guide, and it won't show you stuff you don't have, and will instead land on the closest channel to what you entered.

Don't know if that makes sense, but play around and you will see what I mean.