Quantcast
Made by Google 2018 - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Made by Google 2018

So I got a shipping notification e-mail from my Pixel order. Turns out I added a pair of USB-C pixel buds to my cart without noticing. Ooops.

I wonder if I should keep it as a spare or return it.
    ---

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you call them? Tell them all your friends got it and that the language in the email suggested it was available to everyone (Canadian resident was pretty much the only criteria).
    I used the chat which seemed to be OK. They got me to use the 'send feedback' on the store and those people will follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    So I got a shipping notification e-mail from my Pixel order. Turns out I added a pair of USB-C pixel buds to my cart without noticing. Ooops.

They are apparently very good for the price, but obviously not as good as a high end pair of IEMs. The smart features will also be coming to most other headphones soon and won't always be exclusive to the Pixel Buds.

iVerge reviewed them:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/17/...ant-headphones

If you plan to use them, $30 is cheap enough to just keep a spare. If you are going to use another set anyway, I'd just return them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    I used the chat which seemed to be OK. They got me to use the 'send feedback' on the store and those people will follow up.
    Hope it works out - I suspect they will hook you up.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Did some of you already receive the $75 Google credit?

If you plan to use them, $30 is cheap enough to just keep a spare. If you are going to use another set anyway, I'd just return them.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Yeah I'll probably return them as I plan on getting some wireless ones at some point. Pixel Buds v2 or whatever else comes out.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    Did some of you already receive the $75 Google credit?
    It is supposed to come 6-8 weeks after the promotional period ends (Oct 31) according to the fine print.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I'll probably return them as I plan on getting some wireless ones at some point. Pixel Buds v2 or whatever else comes out.
    I am trying to go wireless too - I am just having trouble finding anything that is reviewed well. Might have to use the dongle for while longer.

My delivery date just changed from Nov 21 to Oct 30, but for the stand. Hopefully the phone is next

My Ride
    V8s

My delivery date just changed from Nov 21 to Oct 30, but for the stand. Hopefully the phone is next
    Haha yeah my stand delivery just got moved up to Nov 2. I was really hoping it was for the phone.

On a related note, what are the Pixel 3 XL guys here planning to use for a case? I didn't order one from google, cause I'm cheap and plan on using my $75 credit for that... any third party cases that people can recommend that are similar in profile to the google one?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Creo que deberķas guardarlo.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Haha yeah my stand delivery just got moved up to Nov 2. I was really hoping it was for the phone.

On a related note, what are the Pixel 3 XL guys here planning to use for a case? I didn't order one from google, cause I'm cheap and plan on using my $75 credit for that... any third party cases that people can recommend that are similar in profile to the google one?
    I would just pick up one of the cheap spigen ones while you wait. I have had a bunch and they have been fine. UAG if you want more protection.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post

Same here haha I was all excited when I saw the email, then I scrolled down to see it was just the stand, which I can't even use before the phone arrives.

There are many good cases on Amazon already, whether you like max protection, ultra thin, or clear - kind of like buying condoms haha.

All the major brands are out, and I've owned almost every single sub-model of them at some point between all my Pixels and iPhones - can't really go wrong with Spigen, Ringke, Moko, etc.:

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ixel+3+xl+case

I usually end up with 3-4 cases per phone by the time I'm done with it, they are so cheap and I like trying different ones out.

The Spigen Tough Armor, for example, I have seen take more abuse than I could have possibly imagined any case/smartphone could endure (not mine) and the case is a bit rough cosmetically after 2+ years but the phone is mint. Excellent product.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-22-2018 at 03:51 PM.

My Ride
    an econo box

I got the email too and only for the pixel stand as well. November 2nd when my original ship date was November 23-26. My phone is still showing November 7-8

Quote Originally Posted by KrisYYC View Post
    I got the email too and only for the pixel stand as well. November 2nd when my original ship date was November 23-26. My phone is still showing November 7-8
    If the phone's don't ship early it will be the first time they haven't (at least for me) even going back to the Nexus days. They are shipping early in the USA so hopefully that means for us too. We'll see I guess. I'm still at Nov 14 on the phone which is oddly late.

Got another email from google and was excited again, but it was my Google Play Music receipt Bit of a roller coaster today.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-22-2018 at 04:37 PM.

My Ride
    an econo box

If the phone's don't ship early it will be the first time they haven't (at least for me) even going back to the Nexus days. They are shipping early in the USA so hopefully that means for us too. We'll see I guess. I'm still at Nov 14 on the phone which is oddly late.

Got another email from google and was excited again, but it was my Google Play Music receipt Bit of a roller coaster today.
    Yeah a lot of guys in the US are getting theirs early, but some are having their delivery date pushed back. Seems to be all over the place.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Ive been using a Pixel 3 XL for almost 2 weeks now and its a really nice phone. Im currently splitting time with that and my Huawei P20 pro. The Google software is excellent for the picture filters/mods but I still find my P20 Pro take better actual photos. The front facing speakers on the P3XL are great and its nice to see HTC's boomsound (made famous on the One M7 series) technology moving forward on these. I cant say that im blown away by the P3XL but the video quality is outstanding, the rear finger print scanner is crazy fast. Its also nice to have the unmolested Android software.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Just got a notification, stand and phone got bumped from Nov 16-19 to Nov 5-6.

iVerge has some Night Sight samples up:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/25/...camera-samples

Pretty amazing considering what a 'normal' camera would have to do to achieve that. It looks to take about half the time as the Huawei P20's Night Shot too.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That doesn't compare to P20 at all. I've used the P20. It's fucking sorcery. That looks to be on par with the XS which is significantly better than the X (surprisingly).
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    That doesn't compare to P20 at all. I've used the P20. It's fucking sorcery. That looks to be on par with the XS which is significantly better than the X (surprisingly).
    The P20 Pro still blows my mind taking pics. Low light resolution and low noise is unreal.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Without a side by side comparison of the P20 and Pixel 3 XL night shot modes we can't really come to any conclusions. Those looked like some quick samples in some guy's office, not a controlled test, and for that it looked pretty good.

They are just long exposures, which is nothing new, but the stabilization techniques that allow it are impressive.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast