Quantcast
Made by Google 2018 - Page 15 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15

Thread: Made by Google 2018

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Just picked one up at BB, PM'd lenovo.ca. so <$140 all-in. Crossing my fingers it is compatible with my August Door Cam.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I got (or will be getting.. its an XMas present that I bought for myself) the Home Hub for $99usd on Cyber Monday, so pretty close in price.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am doing that now but with our front door. "Hey Google, who's at the front door?" and the feed will show up on the TV of whichever room I am in. I want the Home Hub so I can have it automated so whenever anyone walks up to door they show up on the Hub screen.

I wish this stuff was around when our kids were younger for the baby monitor aspect, perfect use case!
    How did you do this?? With ring?
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Well it's all setup. After 30 mins of usage.

Pros
    - Screen is awesome
    - Sound is slightly better than the Home
    - Video calling worked flawlessly
    - August lock worked great with locking and unlocking
    - having an actual screen for timer, reminder and stuff is awesome
    - Looks super slick on the kitchen counter

Cons
    - Not fully compatible with my August Door Cam. It just says something is knocking and does show the video feed
    - My Samsung Smartcams are not compatible so can't direct live feed... going to be expensive switching everything to Nest Cam
    - Had some software issues already with casting between youtube and spotify to my Chromecast/TV
    - Spotify on it is full function. It lets me select a playlist, but won't actually show what's in the playlist, so I have to just click 'skip' over and over again to see what the next song is. I know this is the same as the Home but w/ the screen it would've been nice to be able to see the playlist.

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    How did you do this?? With ring?
    No, I'm using a Nest Hello.
    ---

My Ride
    an econo box

Anybody using the Pixel stand and getting unreliable fast charging? It's totally hit or miss with me regardless of what percentage my battery is at. For example earlier today I was at about 80% and wanted to top it up before heading to work. Threw it on the Pixel stand and it charged rapidly. Just got home and phone was about 45%. Throw it on the Pixel stand and it's "charging slowly". It'll charge fast with the USB-C every time.

Quote Originally Posted by redevil View Post
    Trying to now get Telus to send me a new phone to replace my Pixel 3, have to get them to approve an exception since it might be over their 30 days return/replacement policy by 7 days. The other option would be to send the phone to Google, but that would mean I without a phone till they get it and send me a new one. Might be the option to go with if Telus doesn't grant the exception to sending me a replacement and sending my old one back after. Hopefully the hardware replacement is better as I don't want to have them just to fix the current one I have since it should be brand new.
    I don't think it's a hardware issue. I read online it might be a problem with the phone determining signal strength. This phone has the worst call quality ever imo and a couple people I know are having the same problem. I'm going to switch to S10 if google can't fix it.

It's getting some attention now and there is a big thread of people having the same issue here.

https://productforums.google.com/for...hone-by-google

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/12/13/g...uality-issues/

Submit feedback - Settings > System > About phone > Send feedback about this device

Also try this - Go to settings > Apps and Notifications > All apps > Phone > Force close > clear cache. Once done, restart your phone.
    Last edited by beecue; 12-15-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisYYC View Post
    Anybody using the Pixel stand and getting unreliable fast charging? It's totally hit or miss with me regardless of what percentage my battery is at. For example earlier today I was at about 80% and wanted to top it up before heading to work. Threw it on the Pixel stand and it charged rapidly. Just got home and phone was about 45%. Throw it on the Pixel stand and it's "charging slowly". It'll charge fast with the USB-C every time.
    The stand doesn’t actually fast charge, it maxes out at 10W which is less than half the speed at which the phone can charge at (about 22W). Charging speed also depends on battery temperature and what percentage it’s at when you start charging it. I know at least with the wall charger it’s not going full blast by the time it’s at 80%, but since the stand has such a low power cap you’d think it would use 10W almost the whole time. When it’s close to full it will scale back again.

As for call quality I’m having then opposite experience as some, it’s probably the best of any phone I’ve ever owned ( 3XL). Same for the speaker phone. Now that I’m also using the phone for work, I have taken literally hundreds of calls with it. As an added bonus I also get LTE reception on the 4th level of my parkade which I did not get with my Pixel 2XL or iPhone 8 haha.

My pixel 3 went flying yesterday and landed flat screen side down on tile floor. The ESR screen protector was chipped on 3 corners and 2 cracks formed. Luckily the ESR screen protector came in a 2-pack. I'm beginning to re-think going sans case.
    ---

Picked up a regular pixel 3 recently. I've been using iPhone for years so I'm a little behind on transitioning to the Android ecosystem. A few things:

What's the fastest way to transfer iCloud keychain data to Chrome to autofill my passwords?

Are there any cases similar to the silk iPhone cases that hold a few cards? Closest I can find is this one:

Pixel 3 Case,Two-Tone Vintage Insert Card Genuine Leather Back Cover for Google Pixel 3 (Black) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07KLNSPZF/..._DkwkCb0EM488X

I'm loving it so far but I'm still adjusting. Any other tips for those who switched over recently?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15