Quantcast
Thailand and Singapore in November - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thailand and Singapore in November

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Alright fellas, I'm heading out tomorrow morning.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I'm sure I'll have a blast with the wife.

I'm really looking forward to the Elephant Sanctuary and the food. I typically like to chillax in one place but moving around to check out all the temples will be interesting.

Last thing I need to figure out is if I want to pay for the roam-like-home plan or just pick up a SIM card once I'm there.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Get a sim card when you get there.
    I went with Dtach.
    Its dead easy and cheap. The store owners will swap it for you.

My Ride
    VAG products

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alright fellas, I'm heading out tomorrow morning.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I'm sure I'll have a blast with the wife.

I'm really looking forward to the Elephant Sanctuary and the food. I typically like to chillax in one place but moving around to check out all the temples will be interesting.

Last thing I need to figure out is if I want to pay for the roam-like-home plan or just pick up a SIM card once I'm there.
    You can do it right at the airport too.. unfortunately my phone wasn't unlocked so I just paid the roam like home daily fee ($12 on koodo) and my GF got a sim card there was wayy cheaper. I can't remember how much - just remember being jealous

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I did a Google search just to educate myself and as tony mentioned, there are 3 main providers, AIS, DTAC and some other one that I've forgotten already.

Looks like it's 600 baht (25 cad) for 6GB data and everything afterwards is throttled. I mainly just want the data so I can look things up on the fly and stay connected.

My phone is unlocked with Rogers so hopefully it'll work overseas as well. I really didn't want to pay $12 a day for 15 days haha.

Paying for a SIM once you get there is going to be cheaper. There are a couple different companies in the airport that sell them. I went with the dtac Happy Tourist SIM last week, lol.
    - 10 days, 4.5GB, 449 baht
    - 15 days 6GB, 599 baht
    - 30 days 10 GB, 649 baht

If you are flying into BKK there are stalls around the luggage carousels, also when you get out the main hall.
    Last edited by holden; 11-14-2018 at 05:00 PM.

My Ride
    VAG products

Yeah had i know i would have got it unlocked lol. I paid the $12/day for 10 days. but whatever - it was worth it to have internet access on both of our phones

My Ride
    rally pig

yeah, I cant remeber where I picked our SIM card from now, it was either our AirAsia flight that was selling a travel SIM card already good for the 7 days we were in Thailand or when we landed in Bangkok, we saw 2 stalls selling Tourist SIM cards

I did a Google search just to educate myself and as tony mentioned, there are 3 main providers, AIS, DTAC and some other one that I've forgotten already.

Looks like it's 600 baht (25 cad) for 6GB data and everything afterwards is throttled. I mainly just want the data so I can look things up on the fly and stay connected.

My phone is unlocked with Rogers so hopefully it'll work overseas as well. I really didn't want to pay $12 a day for 15 days haha.
    Best thing about Thailand was locking up my phone and not looking at the stupid thing. Internet cafe's everywhere you turn, so wasn't any need to have a phone on me ever.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

What up fellas.

Just an update.

We hit up Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and today we got to Krabi and are headed to the Lanta island as I type this. The ferry queue is a bit of a wait so far since it's mid afternoon.

Once we get settled in we'll look into renting a scooter to explore the island. We're only staying for 4 nights including today so we'll be pretty busy.

Definitely gonna want to try those jumbo prawns.

Heard you guys got some shite snow back home and QE2. Not sure if I'd actually prefer that to this sweltering 34 degree heat lol.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

What up fellas.

Just an update.

We hit up Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and today we got to Krabi and are headed to the Lanta island as I type this. The ferry queue is a bit of a wait so far since it's mid afternoon.

Once we get settled in we'll look into renting a scooter to explore the island. We're only staying for 4 nights including today so we'll be pretty busy.

Definitely gonna want to try those jumbo prawns.

Heard you guys got some shite snow back home and QE2. Not sure if I'd actually prefer that to this sweltering 34 degree heat lol.
    Post pics of the FOOOOOOD!!

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Ayoooo, just got back on Wednesday night. Had a blast for the past 3 weeks. I don't have any pics of the food but the seafood was awesome.

Singapore was overrated IMO but maybe that's just because I wasn't baller enough to take advantage of all the offerings. Was great to visit Hong Kong and see some family as well but I doubt I'll ever get used to the population there. I think I had mantis shrimp every single meal.

I'll dig through some pics and update this thread again later on haha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2