Quantcast
Whats your work doing about Cannabis in terms of policies? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your work doing about Cannabis in terms of policies?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Default Whats your work doing about Cannabis in terms of policies?

I have no idea what my work is going to do about this? We are a consulting company and occasionally customers require us to be drug/alcohol tested to work on their projects - my last drug test was 2016 and my company hasnt said anything at all about what their own policies are around it although I plan to ask my boss today. I suspect it will similar to the alcohol policy where you can drink at home but not wise to drink a few days before your test. None of our tests are random we have to book them in advance and a doctor on CBC said if you smoke occasionally then the pot should be out of your system within 3 days.

I asked a friend about this who works for a Oil company and he said that they were taking the approach: You cannot fail a drug test, if you are using CBD oil before your drug test then you need to tell the company first.

I personally am more interested in the CBD oil to see if it would calm down my anxieties towards certain things.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Completely banned from use on or off shift, in "safety sensitive" positions. I suspect some lawsuits will come from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Completely banned from use on or off shift, in "safety sensitive" positions. I suspect some lawsuits will come from this.
    Sort of the same here.

But there will be lawsuits. Won't be able to ban off shift, will have to prove inebriation of some sort, or some sort of baseline amount will end up being the "high line".

Being treated the same as Alcohol.

If your cannabis is considered "medical" you will be moved to a position that will allow you to be "intoxicated" at work. No different than working on other prescription drugs.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Im really interested in how the drug tests will work here, if they show a level of intoxication or if they just show outright that you have some level regardless of what that level is; in your system.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Is there a threshold for intoxicated like blood alcohol levels?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Is there a threshold for intoxicated like blood alcohol levels?
    I'm sure that will come from lawsuits due to the longevity of it staying in your system.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Being treated the same as Alcohol.
    Same here; don't be drunk or high at work, don't consume either on site.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Im really interested in how the drug tests will work here, if they show a level of intoxication or if they just show outright that you have some level regardless of what that level is; in your system.
    They call it a drug and alcohol test for a reason.

I think you'll need to manage your usage in order to stay compliant.

We have a zero tolerance policy and have not hired people who have gone on a bender (drinking) the night before their D&A test and have failed. Sorry about your luck, but the choice was made.

Marijuana is no different than other medications, if your medication impairs your judgement (morphine, codeine, etc etc...) then it should be and will be treated as such.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Once they determine the amount that in a test would make you test positive, I wonder if a device that can measure the level of impairment in your system will be developed, I imagine similar to whatever they are going to use in a roadside test for impairment. Unless thats actually more like that sobriety test.

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    I'm sure that will come from lawsuits due to the longevity of it staying in your system.
    Most don't get that it stays in system longer than alcohol.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Seriously? I don't even use it, but it's common knowledge for pretty much anyone I've ever talked to that it stays in your system for way longer than alcohol.

My Ride
    TL

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    police enforcement came into our work and established there are two tests that they can do. the active "ingredient" stays in your system for a short period, i think it's within a day or two but the other ingredient can stay in your system for weeks. cops can test for both strains and determine if you were high during your job. I honestly don't think companies will figure how to manage this for years.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by dandia89 View Post
    police enforcement came into our work and established there are two tests that they can do. the active "ingredient" stays in your system for a short period, i think it's within a day or two but the other ingredient can stay in your system for weeks. cops can test for both strains and determine if you were high during your job. I honestly don't think companies will figure how to manage this for years.
    from wikipedia:

THC and its major (inactive) metabolite, THC-COOH, can be measured in blood, urine, hair, oral fluid or sweat using chromatographic techniques as part of a drug use testing program or a forensic investigation of a traffic or other criminal offense.

My Ride
    NC1

Interesting. I take high thc every night cuz without it I simply can’t sleep anymore. Glad I am not subjected to these drug tests.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I’m a contractor but I assume it would be a no go to use as I drive a ton for work. I don’t use or plan to ever use it anyway.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

"Don't come to work high"

With respect to driving under the influence, that'll be more interesting. How long does it stay in your system and how does it impact your driving during that time? The answer is we don't know but a recent study from McGill suggests we're not as tolerant as we think.

http://cmajopen.ca/content/6/4/E453.full
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

^^100mg for a “young recreational user” aka... no tolerance is nuts!!! That’s like smoking a large, to comically large (depending on strength) joint to yourself

Best part though has to be the conclusion... motor skills fine, think they can’t drive... so safer drivers? Less likely to drive fast?

Once they determine the amount that in a test would make you test positive, I wonder if a device that can measure the level of impairment in your system will be developed, I imagine similar to whatever they are going to use in a roadside test for impairment. Unless thats actually more like that sobriety test.
    BLO (cannabix) has been at it for a while, misses every major milestone but still got caught up in the green bubble and gave me a 10x return

Most work piss tests are not overly sensitive. But how long it stays in the system is not equal, it’s stores in fat cells

So stay fit, vape a little on occasion and you’ll always have a clean test if you have a week’s notice. Same formula field workers have always used. Have your bender on day 1 of days off and stay clean the rest... now if they do hair samples...
    Last edited by ercchry; 10-16-2018 at 10:23 AM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

shave your head!

Regarding that study

The cannabis was chosen to reflect average THC levels in street-grade cannabis.2 The dried cannabis was prepared by the hospital pharmacy into 100-mg doses. The participant was instructed to inhale for 5 seconds, hold the breath for 10 seconds and wait about 45 seconds between inhalations; this procedure was repeated for 5 inhalations.
    Im surprised that the study found that basic driving was not highly impacted.

Among young recreational cannabis users, a 100-mg dose of cannabis by inhalation had no effect on simple driving-related tasks, but there was significant impairment on complex tasks, especially when these were novel.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 10-16-2018 at 10:59 AM.

My Ride
    TL

from wikipedia:

THC and its major (inactive) metabolite, THC-COOH, can be measured in blood, urine, hair, oral fluid or sweat using chromatographic techniques as part of a drug use testing program or a forensic investigation of a traffic or other criminal offense.
    so could you esentially just take CBD and not trigger those tests? Assuming you can get minimal THC and larger CBD combinations

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast