Quantcast
Whats your work doing about Cannabis in terms of policies? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your work doing about Cannabis in terms of policies?

My Ride
    something green

I was amazed so many people lined up at the stores and had no issue being on the TV news, guess the stigma is no more.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    NC1

So we gonna have a pot luck meet sometime?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

A little late to the discussion but I heard the states in the US with legal weed are seeing an increase of like 6% in vehicle collisions which is leading to higher insurance for everyone. Something to think about for Canada.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn....-bn/index.html

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I ordered off the Alberta website and had a thought that you prob don’t want to use your main email account, if the USA ever ramps up their cellphone searches then they might see your weed orders in your mailbox.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A little late to the discussion but I heard the states in the US with legal weed are seeing an increase of like 6% in vehicle collisions which is leading to higher insurance for everyone. Something to think about for Canada.

Yep, im sure the cost will be spread out evenly to all - pot is not necessarily a young persons thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    I ordered off the Alberta website and had a thought that you prob don’t want to use your main email account, if the USA ever ramps up their cellphone searches then they might see your weed orders in your mailbox.
    Why would Americans care if some Canadian ordered weed legally in the past? As long as you are not carrying anything while crossing, there should be no issue.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

because they were looking at perma banning canadians as recently as last month for admitting to smoking weed or participatory in a cannabis related business in the US where it was legal to do so?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Last edited by ExtraSlow; 02-23-2020 at 09:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 11:50 AM.

My Ride

OK i understand the American deep state being protective of their 100% BS 'war on drugs' but turns out even in Canada, you cant come back or leave, as a citizen with pot of any kind....eVen going to to a pot legal country.

Why is Canada still not treating pot like alcohol or cigarettes at the (federal level) border here?

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    OK i understand the American deep state being protective of their 100% BS 'war on drugs' but turns out even in Canada, you cant come back or leave, as a citizen with pot of any kind....eVen going to to a pot legal country.

Why is Canada still not treating pot like alcohol or cigarettes at the (federal level) border here?
    Are there even direct flights to that one other country where marijuana is legal?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Are there even direct flights to that one other country where marijuana is legal?
    Probably, but it doesent matter as leaving or coming into Canada with pot is still illegal.

in Canada, it remains illegal to take cannabis across Canada's national borders, whether you are entering or leaving Canada..
    https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/multimed.../menu-eng.html

Medical exemptions apply as usual - IN CANADA ONLY.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Canada is only the second nation in the world to legalize pot. Just because other countries have decriminalized it or tolerate it doesn’t make it legal. Amsterdam it’s still not legal to purchase cannabis. And in the US it is still technically illegal, even in states that have passed legalization bills. They just choose not to enforce it.

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post

Except the study fails to make even the slightest connection to marijuana. It's been awhile since I've taken any science classes, but I'm fairly sure the scientific method isn't to come to a conclusion and then pick data to fit the conclusion.
    Then there's the whole correlation does not imply causation yada yada. I've yet to see a single "study" that actually proves any causation linked with marijuana. Every other study that was conducted by someone with at least a grade 4 level of understanding in science, strangely doesn't show marijuana to be a problem.

Have they stopped teaching science in school at some point? Because I'm always amazed at the crap people will believe without question.

Given some of the discussion in this thread I'm surprised no one has suggested this. Didn't some people on this forum do an alcohol test thing before? Can't recall if it involved testing motor function or anything though.
    Driving simulation game, wheel/pedal cockpit setup and a bunch of weed. Do a before and after and it would be instantly apparent just how broken the DUI laws with marijuana are. I'm sure there's a wide range of people on here from non users to regular.
    Weed, racing games and munchies. Sounds like a good time.

I wonder how many lives will be ruined by DUI charges that were created by opinion rather than science, before people start to think "Hey, maybe marijuana isn't like alcohol?"

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Bob View Post
    Except the study fails to make even the slightest connection to marijuana. It's been awhile since I've taken any science classes, but I'm fairly sure the scientific method isn't to come to a conclusion and then pick data to fit the conclusion.
    Then there's the whole correlation does not imply causation yada yada. I've yet to see a single "study" that actually proves any causation linked with marijuana. Every other study that was conducted by someone with at least a grade 4 level of understanding in science, strangely doesn't show marijuana to be a problem.

Have they stopped teaching science in school at some point? Because I'm always amazed at the crap people will believe without question.
    Yup, anybody who's taken stats knows this. Correlation is not causality. I skimmed the article and they don't establish causality but but only state an association and statistical significance meaning they haven't established that marijuana was the cause of this increase in crashes.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by gatorade View Post
    Yup, anybody who's taken stats knows this. Correlation is not causality. I skimmed the article and they don't establish causality but but only state an association and statistical significance meaning they haven't established that marijuana was the cause of this increase in crashes.
    Other great example of the media being complete shit at reporting science.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Canada is only the second nation in the world to legalize pot. Just because other countries have decriminalized it or tolerate it doesn’t make it legal. Amsterdam it’s still not legal to purchase cannabis. And in the US it is still technically illegal, even in states that have passed legalization bills. They just choose not to enforce it.
    That wasn't my question - I dont get why the Trudeau government, with their endless pandering, didn't make pot the same as tobacco or alcohol at the federal level. Legislate and tax.

I dont care about other countries - its still illegal to COME AND GO through Canadas borders right now, with pot. Many people will end up not knowing this and in trouble as a result.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Just looked at my companies policy. Looks like no changes here

With Marijuana scheduled to be legal as of October 17, 2018 and an increase in medical
    marijuana prescriptions it is important for xxxxxxx personnel to be aware of their obligations. In
    essence, if you are in a safety sensitive position (see policy for detailed definition) and test positive
    with THC in excess of compliance levels you will be subject to the disciplinary policy, which could
    involve discipline up to and including termination. Bottom line is that nothing has changed.
    Marijuana is a drug causing impairment and employees in safety sensitive positions must report to
    work fit for duty and remain fit while on xxxxxxx business or premises.
    The same applies to medical prescriptions of marijuana. Employees are expected to responsibly
    use all prescribed and over-the-counter medications. Medications of concern are those that inhibit
    or may inhibit an Employee's ability to perform their job safely and productively. Employees who
    require the use of medication must investigate through their doctor or pharmacist whether the
    medication can negatively affect safe performance, and if so use a safe alternative when available.
    If no safe alternatives are available, employees are required to disclose the use of the medication
    and advise their Supervisor of the potential need for modified duties.

That wasn't my question - I dont get why the Trudeau government, with their endless pandering, didn't make pot the same as tobacco or alcohol at the federal level. Legislate and tax.

I dont care about other countries - its still illegal to COME AND GO through Canadas borders right now, with pot. Many people will end up not knowing this and in trouble as a result.
    So you can't legally fly to or from any country with pot.. Why would the government allow it? And the headaches it would cause by people getting caught? Its easier to just ban it.

If more countries start legalizing it they might change that. But it was likely pressure from other countries who don't want to have to worry about their citizens smuggling it on flights.

My Ride
    Ford F150

My company's policy is very relaxed on this.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast