Quantcast
Lexus of Edmonton Falsified Vehicle Inspection Report and Sold me a Lemon! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lexus of Edmonton Falsified Vehicle Inspection Report and Sold me a Lemon!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dunno, kind of par for the course for dealers to lie or embellish things on used cars. Particularly if it's not even their make at a dealer. Some of that stuff is easily missed on a visual inspection but how did you miss things like exhaust, intake and aftermarket bumpers?
    A used car salesman at a Lexus dealership is not going to know any of those things. The mechanic also just looks at the condition of whats installed.

Obviously if the vehicle was lowered to an inch off the ground, that would have to be rectified.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Welcome to life.
    I like this lol

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    A used car salesman at a Lexus dealership is not going to know any of those things. The mechanic also just looks at the condition of whats installed.

Obviously if the vehicle was lowered to an inch off the ground, that would have to be rectified.
    I wouldn't expect a salesman to notice. But the mechanic who did the inspection surely should've. There would be non bmw logos or etching on the intake/exhaust at the very least.

My Ride
    NC1

So much easier to blame others.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    I wouldn't expect a salesman to notice. But the mechanic who did the inspection surely should've. There would be non bmw logos or etching on the intake/exhaust at the very least.
    No, they just care whether there is obvious damage of the parts from a quick glance.

The guys who deal with used vehicles are also second-level techs in many locations, or are just starting out.

Their mandate is to ensure that there isnt anything OBVIOUSLY wrong with the vehicle that cant come back to them (eg. missing/broken steering parts, brake lines that are leaking - big safety issues) ... and to do this as cheaply as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    Doesn't sound like a lemon. )
    Its definitely not a lemon but its also far from stock which is what he thought he was getting. The cars got a ton of mods and bmw found out its got a tune which i would suspect is a big reason why his warranty was voided

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Like most of these threads, you both fucked up.

Lexus of Edmonton:
    1) Lied and sent you car that was misrepresented
    2) Sent you car with clearly obvious issues

You:
    1) Bought a car without even looking at it
    2) Accepted to retain it even after finding significant amounts of inconsistencies
    3) Accepted payment for issues

In terms of resolution:
    - Lexus paid you for repairs, which you accepted. This clears them because you chose to keep the car and accept their payment for any issues. You don't get to go back a year later and cry again.

The car is road worthy, BMW just doesnt want it as a trade in. Sell it on kijiji and take it as a life lesson. For future reference, just because your wife likes the vehicle doesn't mean you shouldn't do your due diligence and deal with a problem when it comes up.

Welcome to life.
    Very fair summary!

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    So much easier to blame others.
    welcome to life lol its sickening how much bullshit people get away with now by going on social media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Never trust a dealer inspection - that "150 pt" inspection is often just a 10 minute visual, not the thorough go-over that you are charged for. I can't even tell you how many test drives I've been on in "certified" cars with very obvious issues.

If you buy a used car from a dealership, ALWAYS get your own inspection, especially if it is off-brand and warranty is involved. Sounds like it was bought sight unseen as well - even more reason to get a proper OEM inspection.

Selling you that car was extremely shady since they obviously lied to you if you're telling the truth, but that's how dealers operate (clearly they did not inspect it but that is to be expected). Sounds like they fixed what you asked them to fix, too. It's not a lemon as it doesn't sound like it has any issues at all. Should have had BMW look at it before handing over any cash - lesson learned and move on.

When you decided to keep it after you found out about everything, that is where you pretty much waived any leverage you may have had.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-17-2018 at 03:08 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Wall of text bitching about something.

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 533
Size:  1.47 MB
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Its definitely not a lemon but its also far from stock which is what he thought he was getting. The cars got a ton of mods and bmw found out its got a tune which i would suspect is a big reason why his warranty was voided
    He said she said until he posts the proof showing that the salesperson stated he is buying a car with zero mods.

My Ride
    Silverado

misrepresenting the warranty could have been the big thing. but so much time has passed. Calgary BMW doesn't want it because they don't want to sell it. I am surprised they wouldn't at least auction it.

I would never deal with Dilawri in any form though.

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    He said she said until he posts the proof showing that the salesperson stated he is buying a car with zero mods.
    Very true
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    misrepresenting the warranty could have been the big thing. but so much time has passed. Calgary BMW doesn't want it because they don't want to sell it. I am surprised they wouldn't at least auction it.

I would never deal with Dilawri in any form though.
    it HAD warranty, was not voided till the current owner took it in. i dunno how you dont notice the sound or the appearance of a new bumper though. "wanting a stock car" was probably never actually vocalized, just implied. but you should be able to read the client's mind... duuuuh... sales 101

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    it HAD warranty, was not voided till the current owner took it in. i dunno how you dont notice the sound or the appearance of a new bumper though. "wanting a stock car" was probably never actually vocalized, just implied. but you should be able to read the client's mind... duuuuh... sales 101
    The OP is mostly at fault, and when he decided to keep the car after Lexus paid for some fixes that is when the dealer probably stopped listening to him but the fact that it passed a dealer inspection with mods and bald tires is almost as bad. Expected, but extremely shady. They are selling unsafe, non-roadworthy cars at that point if he's telling the truth.

In 2018 though everyone is guilty until proven innocent so we might as well get our pitchforks out haha.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

The OP is mostly at fault, and when he decided to keep the car after Lexus paid for some fixes that is when the dealer probably stopped listening to him but the fact that it passed a dealer inspection with mods and bald tires is almost as bad. Expected, but extremely shady. They are selling unsafe, non-roadworthy cars at that point if he's telling the truth.

In 2018 though everyone is guilty until proven innocent so we might as well get our pitchforks out haha.
    here is the thing though...

inspection:

wear bars present: pass
    8mm of pad: pass

take car into service:

"oooh yeah... we need to replace this, this, this... this is a little low...."

My Ride
    This and that.

Joined over a year ago and posted for the first time now. Strange how people only think of us when they are in trouble somehow. Just like how people usually only pray during hard times.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Joined over a year ago and posted for the first time now. Strange how people only think of us when they are in trouble somehow. Just like how people usually only pray during hard times.
    Are you saying Beyond is our God?

My Ride
    Lariat

I like how the OP hasn't posted anything other than the first post.

In regards to OP, congrats, you bought a car that with those mods is even better than stock! Sell privately, put even more money in your pocket and then get the suv you want. You will probably ave 5-10k
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Title should be "Lexus of Edmonton sold me a car with easily noticeable issues and fixed them for me"

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Bob View Post
    Title should be "Lexus of Edmonton sold me a car with easily noticeable issues and fixed them for me"
    Mods, can we get a title change?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I'm guessing the original owner ran into similar issues with trading in the car at a BMW dealership and went to this Lexus dealership instead.

Also this thread is useless without pics. Pictures of the car, tires, wife, and mods would be helpful.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast