Quantcast
Lexus of Edmonton Falsified Vehicle Inspection Report and Sold me a Lemon! - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Lexus of Edmonton Falsified Vehicle Inspection Report and Sold me a Lemon!

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s funny cause I experienced the exact opposite
    You fit the part.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    You fit the part.
    That’s racist

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    That’s racist
    I'm not racist. I equally hate everyone.

Hey I used this dealership and found them to be great. I bought a used 2017 GX with low KMs and basically new. However one thing caught my attention when I went to have all seasons changed over to winter tires, the tire shop noticed that one of the tires had a hole repaired on the inner sidewall of the driver side tire and the shop indicated that they would be unable to install this tire in the spring as it is not road worthy. This information was not disclosed to me at the time of sale; I'm not sure if lexus checked the tire or not but I am wondering is there anything I can do?

I mean I drove this vehicle from Edmonton and noticed no issues but if the tire shop is not willing to re-install I really don't want to buy a new set of rubber. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by juwantme View Post
    Hey I used this dealership and found them to be great. I bought a used 2017 GX with low KMs and basically new. However one thing caught my attention when I went to have all seasons changed over to winter tires, the tire shop noticed that one of the tires had a hole repaired on the inner sidewall of the driver side tire and the shop indicated that they would be unable to install this tire in the spring as it is not road worthy. This information was not disclosed to me at the time of sale; I'm not sure if lexus checked the tire or not but I am wondering is there anything I can do?

I mean I drove this vehicle from Edmonton and noticed no issues but if the tire shop is not willing to re-install I really don't want to buy a new set of rubber. Thoughts?
    If you drove between the dealership and the tire shop you are SOL unless they did a 'good faith' repair or something similar. You could have got it the instant you left, even though we already know they do not inspect their preowned vehicles at all.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

As far as buying cars sight unseen from dealerships, you guys are mostly referring to franchise dealerships on brand new or CPO vehicles, right?

Like you wouldn't have a deal done over email with an independent dealership like Auto House or Millenium Motors on a used 2010 vehicle?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Treadz autooz groupz.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

i'm not racist. I equally hate everyone.
    LMAO!!!!

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Just two thoughts:

- If it was done before, no way they're removing tires on a pre-owned inspection or dunking the tires to test for leaks unless they have a reason to. So probably this one and not shady, just asshole previous owner.
    - If ti was leaking on going in, that's shady because no one will patch a tire within a finger or two of the sidewall. These guys included. My bet is either someone did it themselves, some side shop did it, or some farmer place with the instructions to "replace it when you get home but you'll make it back to xyz123"
    Cos...

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Install the ONE tire yourself and move on.

Post a photo of the damager here and get 10 opinions if you like - since the damage was on the INNER sidewall, its highly unlikely the Lexus contracted 3rd party inspection service gave much notice.

The inspection probably consisted of a test drive and a look under the hoist for 5 minutes.

My Ride
    NC1

I'm not racist. I equally hate everyone.
    Good. Let the hate flow through you. Good.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 02:49 PM.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Brasso Nissan is terrible too. I was interested in the Titan, asked 3 times for help and got ignored. Walked into Metro Ford and bought a truck there.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I’ve got to say I’m just blown away people still purchase vehicles based on dealership experience.

When I know what I want, only then do I go to the dealer to either drive it or pick it up.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    I’ve got to say I’m just blown away people still purchase vehicles based on dealership experience.

When I know what I want, only then do I go to the dealer to either drive it or pick it up.
    That’s only half the battle though. Most guys are leasing/financing and are going to service the vehicle there, so why set yourself up for continued shitty experiences?

My Ride
    V8s

Right. Which is why you choose the product you want, then pick the best dealer to get that product from.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    That’s only half the battle though. Most guys are leasing/financing and are going to service the vehicle there, so why set yourself up for continued shitty experiences?
    Agreed, no argument. What I meant is going to an entirely different manufacturer dealer.

If I want a Nissan, I’ll go to the dealer that treats me the best, not Toyota next door to buy a different car altogether.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Agreed, no argument. What I meant is going to an entirely different manufacturer dealer.

If I want a Nissan, I’ll go to the dealer that treats me the best, not Toyota next door to buy a different car altogether.
    I personally was almost entirely set on the F150. I wanted to compare the Titan to it to see if it would work better for me (honestly moreso to see how garbage it really was).

I didn't buy a different manufacturers vehicle out of spite.

I could see it though, I have an F-150 but let’s be honest, if you’re say looking for a minimalist domestic 1/2 ton work truck, you’re going to trade in at some point contrary to what the prepubescent fanboys will say there really isn’t a drastic difference between the domestic brands, each has their pros and cons over the competition. A dealership experience is completely fair deciding factor in that case IMO.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast