Quantcast
Lexus of Edmonton Falsified Vehicle Inspection Report and Sold me a Lemon! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Lexus of Edmonton Falsified Vehicle Inspection Report and Sold me a Lemon!

Default Lexus of Edmonton Falsified Vehicle Inspection Report and Sold me a Lemon!

Upon numerous attempts to settle outside of court, I am forced to commence legal action against Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton.

Back in October of 2017, I was searching for a vehicle for my wife and had found exactly what she was looking for at Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton's dealership. They were located in Edmonton, but due to their positive reviews online, I felt comfortable purchasing the vehicle as the salesperson was very helpful and answered all of my questions. I was to receive a completely stock vehicle, with manual, two sets of keys, one set of BMW wheels with summer tires having “plenty” of tread remaining, and an aftermarket set of wheels with winter tires mounted on them. On November 6, 2017 I sent Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton a wire transfer in full for the purchase of a 2014 BMW M235i. On November 11, 2017, I received the delivery of the vehicle in Calgary and immediately noticed issues. There was a tire pressure monitor light on the dash, two summer tires were completely bald with the wear wire exposed and 6 of the wheels were badly curb rashed, (3 summer and 3 winter wheels). This was never mentioned to be prior to completing the sale. I immediately contact the salesperson regarding the issues and made an appointment at Calgary BMW to have the vehicle inspected. To my absolute astonishment, on November 20, 2017, Calgary BMW informed me that due to extensive aftermarket modifications to the vehicle, they would not be able to service it, and had in fact voided the warranty on the spot! Aside from that, they mentioned that the brakes needed to be replaced, which also came as a surprise as on the inspection report from Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton, the brakes were at 8mm. I again contacted Kyle Richards at Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton to make them aware of the situation, but my wife was in love with the car, so I was keen to work things through. On November 27, 2017 I took the vehicle to a 3rd party mechanic to diagnose the service light and it was found that the wheels did not even have Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors installed, and needed hub centric rings, as the current set up was simply unsafe. Lexus of Edmonton reimbursed me for the necessary repairs, and my wife was happy, even though they sold me a vehicle that was “safety inspected” and “reconditioned”, it was obvious that they falsified the inspection report and the vehicle did not even get inspected. Very disappointing!

Fast forward to October 2018 where we want to go to Calgary BMW to trade the same 2014 BMW M235i for an suv, and even though I thought that I had experienced all surprises with this vehicle, the dealership told me that due to the aftermarket radiator supports and bumpers, the vehicle is not road worthy and they would not be able to take it on trade. I was astonished! Again, I contacted Kyle Richard, the operations manager of Lexus of Edmonton and he refused to take any responsibility in the fact that they sold me a vehicle, on which only 4,000km was driven in the past 11 months, and I am simply unable to sell it!

Coles notes, Herblens Motors Inc dba Lexus of Edmonton sold me a lemon. Their inspection report stated that the vehicle was completely stock and was reconditioned and had one year of BMW factory warranty remaining. In fact, the vehicle that Lexus of Edmonton had sold me was not reconditioned, had any warranty and was not even road worthy due to the aftermarket modifications. After 3rd party inspections, the vehicle needed the below repairs…

1. Hubcentric rings on all 4 sides
    2. TPMS on all 4 wheels
    3. New brakes all around
    4. 2 new rear tires

The following aftermarket modifications that were not disclosed to me also voided the BMW factory warranty, and make the vehicle not roadworthy.

1. Aftermarket exhaust
    2. Aftermarket intake
    3. Aftermarket ECU Tune
    4. Aftermarket radiator support
    5. Aftermarket bumpers

Receipts and reports can be provided to the media or those interested.

DO NOT TRUST ANYONE AT LEXUS OF EDMONTON AND TAKE YOUR BUSINESS TO ANY OTHER DEALERSHIP.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

My Ride
    95B

So BMW Calgary voided the balance of the factory warranty and you still kept the vehicle?
    One year later you went there to trade in the vehicle.

Something tells me that you are not painting the full picture here.

For the records they didn't sell you a lemon.

how is it a lemon? Sounds like it runs fine from your post.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Did you even look at the car before you bought it?

My Ride
    V8s

Haha awesome.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by G-ZUS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you even look at the car before you bought it?
    This

Also if you actually intend on pursuing legal action do you really think airing your dirty laundry on the internet first was a good idea?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Doesn't sound like a lemon. Sounds like a car without TPMS installed and some modifications.

I purchased a vehicle from them as well via text message/email about 1.5 years ago. Probably the easiest/best experience purchasing a vehicle. Would do business with them again. ** It was a new vehicle (I would never buy a used vehicle online and then have it shipped to me.)

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    Doesn't sound like a lemon. Sounds like a car without TPMS installed and some modifications.
    i bet its only the winter setup that had the issues too

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

You bought a vehicle in Edmonton, while you were in Calgary and wired the full amount to them? Is the dealer likely shitty, yes. Are they to blame for this situation, no, you are. You obviously know enough to come on Beyond and post this thread, knowing how it has been advantageous in the past for others, but if you know that, you know well enough that "online reviews" don't mean shit and you don't buy something, especially a car, before inspecting it. And you had the car for a year!

As for the car being a "lemon", you shouldn't say that. It appears they lied to you about the condition of the car (based on your story) but news flash, go buy a $5000 car or a $500,000 car, it doesn't matter, good luck leaving the dealer without having been lied to about something.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Quote Originally Posted by premiere84 View Post
    Upon numerous attempts to settle outside of court, I am forced to commence legal action against Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton.

Back in October of 2017, I was searching for a vehicle for my wife and had found exactly what she was looking for at Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton's dealership. They were located in Edmonton, but due to their positive reviews online, I felt comfortable purchasing the vehicle as the salesperson was very helpful and answered all of my questions. I was to receive a completely stock vehicle, with manual, two sets of keys, one set of BMW wheels with summer tires having “plenty” of tread remaining, and an aftermarket set of wheels with winter tires mounted on them. On November 6, 2017 I sent Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton a wire transfer in full for the purchase of a 2014 BMW M235i. On November 11, 2017, I received the delivery of the vehicle in Calgary and immediately noticed issues. There was a tire pressure monitor light on the dash, two summer tires were completely bald with the wear wire exposed and 6 of the wheels were badly curb rashed, (3 summer and 3 winter wheels). This was never mentioned to be prior to completing the sale. I immediately contact the salesperson regarding the issues and made an appointment at Calgary BMW to have the vehicle inspected. To my absolute astonishment, on November 20, 2017, Calgary BMW informed me that due to extensive aftermarket modifications to the vehicle, they would not be able to service it, and had in fact voided the warranty on the spot! Aside from that, they mentioned that the brakes needed to be replaced, which also came as a surprise as on the inspection report from Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton, the brakes were at 8mm. I again contacted Kyle Richards at Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton to make them aware of the situation, but my wife was in love with the car, so I was keen to work things through. On November 27, 2017 I took the vehicle to a 3rd party mechanic to diagnose the service light and it was found that the wheels did not even have Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors installed, and needed hub centric rings, as the current set up was simply unsafe. Lexus of Edmonton reimbursed me for the necessary repairs, and my wife was happy, even though they sold me a vehicle that was “safety inspected” and “reconditioned”, it was obvious that they falsified the inspection report and the vehicle did not even get inspected. Very disappointing!

Fast forward to October 2018 where we want to go to Calgary BMW to trade the same 2014 BMW M235i for an suv, and even though I thought that I had experienced all surprises with this vehicle, the dealership told me that due to the aftermarket radiator supports and bumpers, the vehicle is not road worthy and they would not be able to take it on trade. I was astonished! Again, I contacted Kyle Richard, the operations manager of Lexus of Edmonton and he refused to take any responsibility in the fact that they sold me a vehicle, on which only 4,000km was driven in the past 11 months, and I am simply unable to sell it!

Coles notes, Herblens Motors Inc dba Lexus of Edmonton sold me a lemon. Their inspection report stated that the vehicle was completely stock and was reconditioned and had one year of BMW factory warranty remaining. In fact, the vehicle that Lexus of Edmonton had sold me was not reconditioned, had any warranty and was not even road worthy due to the aftermarket modifications. After 3rd party inspections, the vehicle needed the below repairs…

2. TPMS on all 4 wheels
    3. New brakes all around
    4. 2 new rear tires

The following aftermarket modifications that were not disclosed to me also voided the BMW factory warranty, and make the vehicle not roadworthy.

1. Aftermarket exhaust
    2. Aftermarket intake
    3. Aftermarket ECU Tune
    5. Aftermarket bumpers

Receipts and reports can be provided to the media or those interested.

DO NOT TRUST ANYONE AT LEXUS OF EDMONTON AND TAKE YOUR BUSINESS TO ANY OTHER DEALERSHIP.

In case OP deletes

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Sorry that you're going through this but buyer's diligence could have been way better. Personally I hate that you can't trust dealers as far as you can throw them, which means that even though they'll boast about their inspection and re-conditioning process, their word is literally worthless and you have to do your own legwork. This includes bringing the car to your own trusted mechanic or just being a bit familiar with what you're buying.

FYI modifications don't make a vehicle non-road worthy. They're blowing smoke up your ass with that line. I don't know if they can straight up void your entire vehicle warranty, but they can certainly deny warranty claims based on modifications.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Buried in that wall of text:

Quote Originally Posted by premiere84 View Post
    Lexus of Edmonton reimbursed me for the necessary repairs
    Lexus of Edmonton paid for those repairs. He's claiming not roadworthy because BMW won't take it as a trade in because it's modded.

It seems like Lexus of Edmonton went above and beyond to keep you happy. Sell the car privately (get more money) and buy a new SUV.

btw - Calgary BMW is notorious for treating customers like crap if they didn't buy from them, even worse if you have a US imported BMW.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

can someone confirm if that BMW model even has TPMS in canada? i know mine it was only in the USA as it was mandated, but in canada it used the ABS sensors to tell you if a wheel was low. wouldnt that be a fun twist? if it was actually the third party shop that was taking him for a ride?

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    can someone confirm if that BMW model even has TPMS in canada? i know mine it was only in the USA as it was mandated, but in canada it used the ABS sensors to tell you if a wheel was low. wouldnt that be a fun twist? if it was actually the third party shop that was taking him for a ride?
    I was wondering about that too...I've only had older BMWs (two 2008s) and they don't use TPMS to monitor tire pressure...just wheel speed as you indicated.

I don't feel sorry for you. At all.

"Vehicle needed below repairs:
    2. TPMS on all 4 wheels
    3. New brakes all around
    4. 2 new rear tires"

These are wear items, that need to be replaced on all vehicles.

As for the other items, buyer beware aka look at the fucking car before buying it.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Like most of these threads, you both fucked up.

Lexus of Edmonton:
    1) Lied and sent you car that was misrepresented
    2) Sent you car with clearly obvious issues

You:
    1) Bought a car without even looking at it
    2) Accepted to retain it even after finding significant amounts of inconsistencies
    3) Accepted payment for issues

In terms of resolution:
    - Lexus paid you for repairs, which you accepted. This clears them because you chose to keep the car and accept their payment for any issues. You don't get to go back a year later and cry again.

The car is road worthy, BMW just doesnt want it as a trade in. Sell it on kijiji and take it as a life lesson. For future reference, just because your wife likes the vehicle doesn't mean you shouldn't do your due diligence and deal with a problem when it comes up.

Welcome to life.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

LOL wtf .... this is where libel lawsuits come from.....dingis' (my opinion) like this one who go crying immediately to all forums and groups the second their delicate egos have been bruised by the realization of their own lack of due diligence.

ALso,

1. Aftermarket exhaust
    2. Aftermarket intake
    3. Aftermarket ECU Tune
    5. Aftermarket bumpers
    ....would probably increase the value of the vehicle if the mods had been done correctly and with good taste.

Sell it on kijiji and stop whining. You will ALWAYS lose money if you try to sell to a dealer anyway at that price point.
    Last edited by revelations; 10-17-2018 at 02:43 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Like most of these threads, you both fucked up.

Lexus of Edmonton:
    1) Lied and sent you car that was misrepresented
    2) Sent you car with clearly obvious issues

You:
    1) Bought a car without even looking at it
    2) Accepted to retain it even after finding significant amounts of inconsistencies
    3) Accepted payment for issues

In terms of resolution:
    - Lexus paid you for repairs, which you accepted. This clears them because you chose to keep the car and accept their payment for any issues. You don't get to go back a year later and cry again.

The car is road worthy, BMW just doesnt want it as a trade in. Sell it on kijiji and take it as a life lesson. For future reference, just because your wife likes the vehicle doesn't mean you shouldn't do your due diligence and deal with a problem when it comes up.

Welcome to life.
    Clearest and fairest summary.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    G37X

I dunno, kind of par for the course for dealers to lie or embellish things on used cars. Particularly if it's not even their make at a dealer. Some of that stuff is easily missed on a visual inspection but how did you miss things like exhaust, intake and aftermarket bumpers? I'm sure you can still sell it privately without an issue. A lot of times there is so much turnover that the dealership is going to miss a lot of stuff. I had a few issues with my car bought sight unseen, but nothing catastrophic just normal stealership lines like "all new fluids" (black brake fluid.) Learning experience!
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 10-17-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast