Quantcast
Kids shoes - better quality - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Kids shoes - better quality

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Default Kids shoes - better quality

You guys remember when we were talking about having a separate parenting forum?

Anywhooo. Does anyone have suggestions for where to get decent quality kids shoes? I always figured kids in elementary school would grow out of thier shoes, but it hasn't been the case.

So far, sketchers seem worst, but other brands have worn through as well.

My kids are little too, and honestly not that active, it's blowing my mind. Current need is indoor runners, but the season for outdoor shoes will come soon enough.

Thoughts or suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

MEC? If they fail, take em back

My Ride
    V8s

Vans. If you don't like retail prices for them, there's a couple sample sales throughout the year.

My Ride
    '05 Subaru LGT wagon (5MT)

Stride Rite have been pretty good for us, our kids have never worn out a pair. If your kids are even younger, pedipeds are good. They make larger sizes too but I haven't seen them for sale anywhere. Nike have been ok, Under Armour have garbage hook and loop closures that wear out in a matter of weeks. Sauconys ripped out at the welded seams well before any other signs of wear. Asics have been ok - they have worn out right around the time they are outgrown.

The problem with the kid-centric brands is finding a good selection locally. We have bought many pairs at Stephanie's Kids in Willow Park but now that our daughter is older and needs more specialized shoes for different school activities the selection is not there. Online ordering is available but that is pretty risky with shoes unless you are getting the same style just in larger and larger sizes.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

We've gone to Sport-chek & Shoe Company for runners. Nike, Under Armor or Saucony, doesn't matter they all get blown up. Kids are hard on shoes, plain & simple.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Had a beyond member pm me with a suggestion for Geox. Haven't tried those, but have seen the local stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I don't link the Geox kids shoes, heavy and more focused on looks and gimmicks.

We've had awesome luck with Nike runners for kids. They're the only ones we've actually been able to pass down to the younger kid.

Edit: Nike Revolution 4 are the the ones.
    Last edited by blitz; 12-19-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    We've gone to Sport-chek & Shoe Company for runners. Nike, Under Armor or Saucony, doesn't matter they all get blown up. Kids are hard on shoes, plain & simple.
    Same, we've tried everything out there too and no matter what they get thrashed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    changes every year

Nikes. But not all Nikes are created equal. My kid has Jordan's for every day use and some sort of Nike running shoes for school...

My Ride
    TRD Pro

My boys have both gone through a set of Vans since September.. luckily we got them heavily discounted at the outlet or I would be upset. My youngest has had a pair of Adidas that have been decent.. but we got them in the US, so that may not be much help.

My Ride
    Lariat

I have my little guy in Champion shoes. He's only a toddler but running/walking everywhere. Has is shoes on all day at day care and they still look like new after a few months. He wont go through them as he will grow into the next size long before they fall apart. Super cheap too, I think ~$30 ay payless
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    You guys remember when we were talking about having a separate parenting forum?

Anywhooo. Does anyone have suggestions for where to get decent quality kids shoes? I always figured kids in elementary school would grow out of thier shoes, but it hasn't been the case.

So far, sketchers seem worst, but other brands have worn through as well.

My kids are little too, and honestly not that active, it's blowing my mind. Current need is indoor runners, but the season for outdoor shoes will come soon enough.

Thoughts or suggestions?
    +1 for a parenting forum

I have nothing to add as my daughter is not yet walking...but I will check back on this thread when the time comes.