Quantcast
Prp injections - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Prp injections

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Default Prp injections

Has anyone got any first hand experience with prp?? I’be got a nagging tennis elbow injury that doesn’t want to go away, thinking of doing prp as it may speed the healing process up.

I’ve gone through physio, massage and tried laser therapy. I’d say I’m slightly better but no where near 100%.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Who does prp around here?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Mayfair diagnostics is where I’m scheduled to go.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I had T/E a while back too, as a result of heavy renovation work. I had to get an arm band which definitely helped (squeeze the elbow area) and get my ass back into a gym to strengthen the arms and shoulders - its not always as a result of an ELBOW issue - could be weak forearms or shoulder. Took me several months to get over it.

But the real recovery is only done with a little easier work load. You dont have to STOP, but just go a little easier with the work thats causing the pain.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Ya I have bands and sleeves I wear daily when I workout or have a hard work day. My issues are in my forearms that connect to the epicondyl. I had it in my left arm last year and it cleared up after 4-5 months. But I’m still nursing my right arm since March, I never do anything that agrivates it. I still do red light therapy and stretching daily but it’s so slow at healing hence why the pro injections may speed it up. If they do at all.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

you will need to change your activity or how you hit the gym (or weights at home) .... it will keep coming back otherwise (unless its an old injury that needs surgery for eg.)
    Last edited by revelations; 10-25-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone got any first hand experience with prp?? I’be got a nagging tennis elbow injury that doesn’t want to go away, thinking of doing prp as it may speed the healing process up.

I’ve gone through physio, massage and tried laser therapy. I’d say I’m slightly better but no where near 100%.
    Do you need full mobility for your work?

I used to compete and get tennis elbow relatively frequently (yes actually from playing tennis haha).

Physio had me taping my arm to limit the ROM below full extension. It was super annoying and made training near impossible but was the only thing that seemed to help.

Sorry can’t help on the prp but would love to hear your experience if you do it

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Ya I’m a electrician and use my arm daily. Honestly not much can be done to avoid it. But I will say I rarely feel pain in the arm from work or the gym, I get the random burning when I rotate it to fast or some movement that hits the right spot. I rest it as much as possible and ice if it flairs up. It’s slowly getting better just so slow.

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya I’m a electrician and use my arm daily. Honestly not much can be done to avoid it. But I will say I rarely feel pain in the arm from work or the gym, I get the random burning when I rotate it to fast or some movement that hits the right spot. I rest it as much as possible and ice if it flairs up. It’s slowly getting better just so slow.
    Yea I don’t remember exactly but I think there is some sort of sack in the elbow that is supposed to move out of the way of the joint when the arm extends, that gets inflamed, loses mobility and gets pinched when you extend.

Super rough memory on that so I could be way off. I tried ultrasound regularly but I personally didn’t notice any effect

Edit: nvm I’m way off on that haha, googling it’s just tendon tears, been about 15 years since I last had it
    Last edited by J-hop; 10-25-2018 at 03:45 PM.