Quantcast
Opinion: Subaru Crosstrek (lifted) as Daily Driver - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Opinion: Subaru Crosstrek (lifted) as Daily Driver

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The reason for the Volvo suggestion is the options available - from lift kits to the LS swap (or keep the inline 5-6 cyl turbo) - have all been done many times.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Being that he lives out of town, snowfall is probably the biggest concern as those back roads don't get plowed and having a bit of extra clearance can mean getting off his property onto a highway, or home during a daytime storm, or getting out of a ditch.

I still say AMC Eagle wagon.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    30 mpg from a subaru? even stock i wouldn't go that far. Nochance after you put stupid tires on it.

what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Hard to believe that Crosstrek is getting anywhere near 30MPG either when you need to drive it as hard as you do just to keep up with traffic.

Throw a 2.0T in there along with a decent transmission and they would have a real winner IMO.
    Name:  IMG_20181101_170311.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  38.7 KB

Filled up last on Saturday, been driving 17km each way through construction zones (Live in Evergreen, work around Mount Royal, construction from my house all the way to freaking Rockyview hospital). 7.4-7.8 is usually always where my car is for the last 16 month of my owning it....that's over 30mpg.

So much misinformation in this thread...

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Hand calculate your next 3 tanks and we'll talk. Those are not accurate.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/subaru/crosstrek

It's close to 30, but not quite.
    Last edited by ShermanEF9; 11-01-2018 at 05:38 PM.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    Hand calculate your next 3 tanks and we'll talk. Those are not accurate.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/subaru/crosstrek

It's close to 30, but not quite.
    Shouldn't be a problem, I reset my odometer every time I fill up and stop filling the moment it auto stops, not a drop more, so I will update the thread to see how close it is or not. I do a rough calculation in my head every time I fill up as a game to keep me occupied while it fills to see when it will stop, its usually not far off, so would be interesting to see actual results VS the computer.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    Shouldn't be a problem, I reset my odometer every time I fill up and stop filling the moment it auto stops, not a drop more, so I will update the thread to see how close it is or not. I do a rough calculation in my head every time I fill up as a game to keep me occupied while it fills to see when it will stop, its usually not far off, so would be interesting to see actual results VS the computer.
    You need to go to the same pump at the same gas station to really get accurate numbers like this. Also assuming bone stock setup as well?

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    You need to go to the same pump at the same gas station to really get accurate numbers like this. Also assuming bone stock setup as well?
    But to be really accurate you need to go at the same time of day with roughly the same ambient temperature. The sun can really warm up pumps changing the ratio.......

Come on guys seriously? Everyone knows the computers are off a bit, but it isn't like he said he was getting 4.0L or his computer is showing 12. My computers have always been within 1L to my actual fuelly dashboard. The other options were to get a truck or that a subaru will be 10-11L / 100km. Which even with some error is obvious this is fine.
    Cos...

My Ride

Different pumps at different stations can have a wide range of where they click stop. You could be getting a Litre extra in one place over another. Its not trivial.

Weather temps within a week should not make too much difference, but differences in SEASONS can - eg, measue mileage in the winter vs. summer

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Different pumps at different stations can have a wide range of where they click stop. You could be getting a Litre extra in one place over another. Its not trivial.

Weather temps within a week should not make too much difference, but differences in SEASONS can - eg, measue mileage in the winter vs. summer
    1.5% seems pretty trivial to me. The Crosstrek has a 63L tank (16.6 gallon). So if you get 1 extra L (which is probably generous for the first click, it is more based on the filler neck and how it gives back-pressure than the pump itself) that's going to make him swing from 7.5 - 7.7L / 100km.

I just find it funny how everyone is saying this guys car can't be that good, now you're making him measure the gas out. What's next, GPS distance measurement and filling from a verified 10L jerry can to ensure exact fill? Seems kinda over the top considering the context.
    Cos...

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I’m no scientist... but shouldn’t you be tracking kms and the amount of L you put in the tank? Not some arbitrary “click”?

I believe it, our 2.5i gets ~8L/100km and it has a little over 20 more hp than the cross trek, but the Impreza is lighter so it balances out.

I’ve done the math with receipts L and Kms.

L/100km don’t matter though when a semi truck runs you down because you can’t get up to speed (just messin)

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    I’m no scientist... but shouldn’t you be tracking kms and the amount of L you put in the tank? Not some arbitrary “click”?
    Agreed, but I think what they are getting at is when you fill up the next time you don’t know if that extra litre was a litre you burned or a difference in click point.

I agree with cos, from my experience it’s just noise in the calculation
    Last edited by J-hop; 11-02-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    I believe it, our 2.5i gets ~8L/100km and it has a little over 20 more hp than the cross trek, but the Impreza is lighter so it balances out.

I’ve done the math with receipts L and Kms.

L/100km don’t matter though when a semi truck runs you down because you can’t get up to speed (just messin)
    I just don't get why Subi still offers NA 4cyl motors, the poor interiors are bad enough

I love the formfactor of the crosstrek... be nice if the XTI becomes a real thing

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post
    I just don't get why Subi still offers NA 4cyl motors, the poor interiors are bad enough

I love the formfactor of the crosstrek... be nice if the XTI becomes a real thing
    probably cause the n/a cars dont blow up?

Quote Originally Posted by r3ccOs View Post

Man I don’t know. I guess so they can boast some of the most fuel efficient AWD cars and give people a cheaper lower maintenance option.

Another thing I was thinking for the OP, Subaru’s from what I’ve found working on them are pretty low tech. Can you even recalibrate the speedo for the larger tires?
    Last edited by J-hop; 11-02-2018 at 12:44 PM.

My Ride
    2008 Z06

Crosstrek is off my list now. Sounds too slow for me to live with, even for the MPG and looks which were my main interest when lifted.

I'm considering upping my budget to the $40k area, with these 3 as the primary candidates:

Ps. Can a mod get this thread back into General Car discussion please?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The Colorado is a good little truck. Nice highway manners. Very versatile. Not sure about that diesel, but assume it's fine too.thw zr2 package looks great, although probably hurts fuel economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Id be curious what the lift is on the Colorado. If it was a dealer lift (which i suspect it was), it's likely just pucks on the springs. Most dealer lifts are garbage from what i've seen (put in a $200 lift, charge $2000 more for it) and make the handling terrible

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Man you could get a brand new ZR-2 diesel for just a few thousand more than that Z71 about a month ago.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4