Quantcast
Calgary Police Auxiliary - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Calgary Police Auxiliary

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a friend who's spending the next 2 years in Rural Manitoba. The closest gas station is 2 hours away. Apparently you make mad bank when you take these kinds of postings, plus you have nowhere to spend the money. She'll essentially be able to buy a house, in cash, in Vancouver, at the end of this posting. Also at the end of this posting, you get preferential treatment on your next post.
    Exactly.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I have a friend who's spending the next 2 years in Rural Manitoba. The closest gas station is 2 hours away. Apparently you make mad bank when you take these kinds of postings, plus you have nowhere to spend the money. She'll essentially be able to buy a house, in cash, in Vancouver, at the end of this posting. Also at the end of this posting, you get preferential treatment on your next post.

- highly unlikely that after 2 years, the member will have ~1.5 million dollars in cash to afford a house in Vancouver-proper (you didnt say GVRD, which would equal Surrey for eg. or Langley)
    - the amount of OT that is expected of some new members is ridiculous - stress leave potential - some members are being asked to come in on days off to catch up on paperwork
    - nothing more sobering about your situation than being in the dark, for 12 hours in a vehicle, with your laptop for a warming glow, all by yourself, in the middle of nowhere Manitoba.
    - after this duty cycle, you will definitely have a fresh perspective on the job ...
    Last edited by revelations; 11-09-2018 at 11:42 AM.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    - highly unlikely that after 2 years, the member will have ~1.5 million dollars in cash to afford a house in Vancouver-proper (you didnt say GVRD, which would equal Surrey for eg. or Langley)
    - the amount of OT that is expected of some new members is ridiculous - stress leave potential - some members are being asked to come in on days off to catch up on paperwork
    - nothing more sobering about your situation than being in the dark, for 12 hours in a vehicle, with your laptop for a warming glow, all by yourself, in the middle of nowhere Manitoba.
    - after this duty cycle, you will definitely have a fresh perspective on the job ...
    ... Greater Vancouver area.

how bout dat cash me outside
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride

yea right - so after 2 years the member will have banked 400,000$ after taxes? Lets get real. Hope shes not that delusional - or the white shirts are full of shit - again.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic_Cop View Post
    We’re Hiring Auxiliaries!

The Calgary Police Service Auxiliary program is hiring, and we need your help to recruit our next class!

If you, or someone you know, is 18-24 years old, with a high school diploma, and is interested in a career in policing - apply to become an Auxiliary!

Auxiliaries learn skills and knowledge that are foundational to being a good police officer, including how to resolve disputes, how to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, and how the legal system works. They also learn leadership skills and improve their physical fitness.

Once the initial training is complete, Auxiliaries work as part-time, paid employees alongside sworn and civilian members to help complete reports, answer questions at the front counters of district offices, and complete more specialized training throughout the program.

Next Thursday we will be hosting an open house in conjunction with the CPS Recruiting Unit where potential applicants will learn more about the program and the application process.

DATE: Thursday, November 8th, 2018 AND Thursday, November 22nd, 2018
    TIME: 6:00 – 8 p.m. (Recommended to show up early to get checked in with security)
    LOCATION: Westwinds Campus (East Building) @ 5111 – 47 Street N.E.

While participation in the program does not guarantee someone a future career as a police officer, it is a major asset to have when applying.

Applications for the Auxiliary program will be accepted between Monday, December 3rd, 2018 and Friday December 14th, 2018.

Applicants can apply through The City of Calgary website at www.calgary.ca/careers.

More information on the Auxiliary program can be found at www.calgarypoliceauxiliary.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    Agreed , RCMP is also hiring aggressively
    Saw something recently about CSIS having a hiring fair in Calgary for all kinds of cool sounding positions.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    Saw something recently about CSIS having a hiring fair in Calgary for all kinds of cool sounding positions.
    Lots of IT positions. But don't mention it on social media.....
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 01:45 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Fink View Post
    One of my former coworkers went to the Mounties on an experienced hiring process and one of his fellow troop mates picked a remote posting and he’s making $240k/year gross with housing covered but only because of his insane overtime hours and he’s on a specialty unit where he gets “on-call” bonuses daily for his duties. That’s a very special example.
    Not. Worth. It.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride

Yea off of that 240k a year you will lose insane amount back to the CRA. Working 80-100hr weeks though - holy fuck no.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Yea off of that 240k a year you will lose insane amount back to the CRA. Working 80-100hr weeks though - holy fuck no.
    Easy enough to do if you’re single with no significant other or kids! Haha.

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by Shlade View Post
    Easy enough to do if you’re single with no significant other or kids! Haha.
    This right here !

My Ride

^ otherwise known as 'substance abuse potential' ....

( no kids, no SO, lots of cash, nothing to do)

My Ride
    6.2L V8

holy smokes do we ever have some serious opinions on law enforcement around here...

how many sworn LEO's do we have on beyond now? Roll call

My Ride
    Silverado

3 or 4, used to be more.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Quote Originally Posted by CMW403 View Post
    holy smokes do we ever have some serious opinions on law enforcement around here...

how many sworn LEO's do we have on beyond now? Roll call
    Probably a few at least. Some likely lurkers who don't post.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic_Cop View Post

The Calgary Police Service Auxiliary program is hiring, and we need your help to recruit our next class!

If you, or someone you know, is 18-24 years old, with a high school diploma, and is interested in a career in policing - apply to become an Auxiliary!

Auxiliaries learn skills and knowledge that are foundational to being a good police officer, including how to resolve disputes, how to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, and how the legal system works. They also learn leadership skills and improve their physical fitness.

Once the initial training is complete, Auxiliaries work as part-time, paid employees alongside sworn and civilian members to help complete reports, answer questions at the front counters of district offices, and complete more specialized training throughout the program.

Next Thursday we will be hosting an open house in conjunction with the CPS Recruiting Unit where potential applicants will learn more about the program and the application process.

DATE: Thursday, November 8th, 2018 AND Thursday, November 22nd, 2018
    TIME: 6:00 – 8 p.m. (Recommended to show up early to get checked in with security)

While participation in the program does not guarantee someone a future career as a police officer, it is a major asset to have when applying.

Applications for the Auxiliary program will be accepted between Monday, December 3rd, 2018 and Friday December 14th, 2018.

Applicants can apply through The City of Calgary website at www.calgary.ca/careers.

More information on the Auxiliary program can be found at www.calgarypoliceauxiliary.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    Agreed , RCMP is also hiring aggressively
    Quote Originally Posted by Shlade View Post
    Probably a few at least. Some likely lurkers who don't post.
    Probably less lurkers than in the heyday when we were dumb enough to publicly boast about our street racing adventures. Not me specifically, you know, just, we as a whole.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 01:42 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

We have an additional session this Thursday:-

The #Calgary Police Service Auxiliary program is hiring, and we need your help to recruit our next class!

This Thursday, November 15th 2018., we will be hosting an open house where potential applicants will learn more about the program and the application process.

TIME: 6:00 – 8 p.m. (Recommended to show up 30 minutes early to get checked in with security)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2