Quantcast
Provincial election only 6 months away, who are you voting for? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • UCP

75 51.72%
  • NDP

22 15.17%
  • Liberal

1 0.69%
  • Alberta Party

13 8.97%
  • Other

4 2.76%
  • Haven't decided

30 20.69%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Provincial election only 6 months away, who are you voting for?

My Ride
    V8s

Wow, I just noticed we have 15% voting NDP. Are you guys fucking retarded?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OMGRD! Someone has different political opinions than me!!!1!! They must have an iq of 50!!! - Everyone, everywhere

There's always a percentage who don't give a shit and want to watch the world burn.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I am honestly surprised it is only 15% that are fucking retarded.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Undecided. Kenny scares me but we can't continue on with the NDP debt floodgates.

Leaning toward the Alberta Party but don't want to split the vote.

So likely whoever annoys me the least during the campaigning will be who gets my vote.

It might just come down to Kenny = probably terrible, but Notley = already proven to be terrible

My Ride
    Silverado

Why do many people feel Kenney will be terrible?

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    OMGRD! Someone has different political opinions than me!!!1!! They must have an iq of 50!!! - Everyone, everywhere
    This has nothing to do with difference of opinion.

Based on the couple of posts in this thread, it would seem you're one of those NDP holdouts. If you are indeed one of the people voting them in again....why? Surely there must be a good reason that outweighs the outrageous amount of spending they've done (and saddling us all with that debt for the rest of our Alberta-residing lives). Honestly interested if you can provide objectively good reasons that they should be elected.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:01 PM.

My Ride

This has nothing to do with difference of opinion.

Based on the couple of posts in this thread, it would seem you're one of those NDP holdouts. If you are indeed one of the people voting them in again....why? Surely there must be a good reason that outweighs the outrageous amount of spending they've done (and saddling us all with that debt for the rest of our Alberta-residing lives). Honestly interested if you can provide objectively good reasons that they should be elected.
    I've heard absolutely zero coming from the UCP except obvious pandering for votes. They haven't laid out any kind of real plan or solutions for what do to with the economy after gaining power. They're basically just running on "We're not the NDP" platform. That alongside their social values that are pretty much polar opposite of my own mean they are a no-go for me. Not to even mention Kenney himself. The guy did virtually nothing to promote Alberta when he was in federal power, then he quits his job and comes marching back into the province pretending like he can do anything better as a premier? Unlikely.

Liberal Party is dead here.

Alberta Party very much had my interest last election, however they couldn't get themselves together enough to even have a candidate in my riding. Now they've all been taken over by the old PC party/UCP rejects.

So that leaves the NDP. Not that I think their doing a phenomenal job or anything, but they were handed a shit sandwich and people here expected them to turn it into gold in 4 years? That wouldn't happen. No matter what party got into power last election, we'd be heavy into debt right now, because Alberta is basically exactly like the majority of it's constituents...one giant rig-pig. Spend money like there's no tomorrow, hoping oil will be good to us. They gambled on the "social license" bs, and lost because Quebec and BC are a bunch of fucking assholes, and the feds made it more than apparent they're a bunch of useless fucks, and that sucks, but at least they aren't a group of racist homophobes.

Also, unlike most of this forum, I'm not chasing the almighty dollar. I don't earn anywhere close to the majority of people here, but I do well enough to keep my family fed, and a house over my roof. I also do well enough that I don't mind helping support the social programs that help people less fortunate than me. I understand that there's a shit ton of scammers and leaches on the system, but I also know there's a lot of genuine people that need the assistance. The same programs that the UCP will gut. I also don't want another decade of King Ralphenomics, where all everything is gutted to pay off the debt, and then the cost to catch-up on infrastructure ends up costing 10x more in the long run.

For the record, I voted "undecided", because I'm hoping SOMEONE else will shine through the political mire in the next few months, but at this point it looks pretty damned unlikely.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 11-04-2018 at 10:47 PM.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

You might be able to get in in less time in Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Red Deer, etc.
    RD has extreme over capacity issues. Recently issued a rare overcapacity protocol Level 3, but level 1's and 2's are an almost daily occurrence. Red Deer needs another hospital. Overcapacity has been an issue for years. ER wait times between 12-15 hours are common. A couple months ago, there was a guy whose daughter was admitted to the hospital and they set her up in a bed in the bathroom. Healthcare workers here have been saying there's been a problem for years. I imagine the problems are actually much worse than the general public realizes.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    RD has extreme over capacity issues. Recently issued a rare overcapacity protocol Level 3, but level 1's and 2's are an almost daily occurrence. Red Deer needs another hospital. Overcapacity has been an issue for years. ER wait times between 12-15 hours are common. A couple months ago, there was a guy whose daughter was admitted to the hospital and they set her up in a bed in the bathroom. Healthcare workers here have been saying there's been a problem for years. I imagine the problems are actually much worse than the general public realizes.
    Ok, bad example, but I know Medicine Hat doesn't have that problem. My brother-in-law get knee surgery done there last year over a year quicker than it would have happened in Calgary.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I belonged to a union during the 2012 election. Prior to the election, we were told to vote NDP at union meetings. Nothing else was said - just vote NDP. That's just fucking stupid. Some people were cheering and bashing the at-the-time governing party- the PC's. Frothing at the mouth. I felt I was surrounded by crazies.

Then in 2015, I watched a shop steward for that union get elected as an NDP MLA. It sent shivers down my spine. Then she charged the taxpayer $5000 for coffee because "I don't want to give people sludge." IIRC, the president of that union became president of the ABNDP for a term. This was the same union that sent out a press release praising Bill 6 because it allowed farm workers to unionize... guess which union those farm workers would belong to....

The unions and the NDP are in bed together the likes of which most don't understand.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Jason Kenney himself is a scary candidate as a leader at any level of government given his background and beliefs.

I think you might have been one that bashed the fact our current prime minister was just an ex drama teacher. That’s a fair criticism.... but now consider Kenney never really worked outside politics and dropped out of his Jesuit university philosophy degree after losing his fight against free speech at his university.

There are several examples as well where he demonstrates with things he says that he is unable to divorce his religious belief system from his politics. Something that in 2018 should scare the hell out of people....
    Last edited by J-hop; 11-05-2018 at 04:22 AM.

My Ride
    Silverado

Interesting point. I think if your in the public eye long enough eventually some of your commonly held beliefs may turn out to be embarrassingly wrong. When was Kenney in school? 30 years ago?

Loudest opinion gets considered popular opinion. And most people base their opinions on what is popular, not what makes sense or is factual.

You know that's how we got the current government that you hate? Not a "I like this party" vote by the majority, but a "This party must go at all costs" vote.
    That was only partially to blame. Without the floor crossing we would've had a majority Wild Rose Provincial government. People just felt they had nowhere else to put their vote. Still totally fucked that anyone would vote for a government completely out of line with their values, just to avoid voting for a floor crosser.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Your wrong again. You would pay $6000 +us a year, have a deductible and a cap, plus $10,000 a year of your taxes goes to fund medicare.
    So essentially the same as here, except better care down there.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    There is no such thing. To be a liberal, you NEED to spend money. That is why there is essentially zero libertarian parties in government anywhere in the world.
    As he mentioned, there is a difference between social and fiscal policies. They are the "Don't fuck with me, and I won't fuck with you" party. As religion slowly dies a long overdue death, hopefully fiscally responsible voters will swing over there from the Conservatives.
    Last edited by Misterman; 11-05-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Your wrong again. You would pay $6000 +us a year, have a deductible and a cap, plus $10,000 a year of your taxes goes to fund medicare.
    So essentially the same as here, except better care down there.

You know that's how we got the current government that you hate? Not a "I like this party" vote by the majority, but a "This party must go at all costs" vote.
    That was only partially to blame. Without the floor crossing we would've had a majority Wild Rose Provincial government. People just felt they had nowhere else to put their vote. Still totally fucked that anyone would vote for a government completely out of line with their values, just to avoid voting for a floor crosser.

Loudest opinion gets considered popular opinion. And most people base their opinions on what is popular, not what makes sense or is factual.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    As he mentioned, there is a difference between social and fiscal policies. They are the "Don't fuck with me, and I won't fuck with you" party. As religion slowly dies a long overdue death, hopefully fiscally responsible voters will swing over there from the Conservatives.
    It will never happen. Libertarian ideology, by its very nature, offers people nothing from the government (the whole point, making government smaller/less intrusive).

Even the Beyond Ballerz on here bitch when their child benefits get cut. As mentioned, there is no such thing as a fiscally conservative, socially liberal individual. There simply can't be based on any logical argument. The best you get is a mild social conservative, and fiscal conservatism. There are many reasons to be socially conservative that have NOTHING to do with religion. In fact, most conservatives I know are atheists/agnostic

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

The same programs that the UCP will gut. I also don't want another decade of King Ralphenomics, where all everything is gutted to pay off the debt, and then the cost to catch-up on infrastructure ends up costing 10x more in the long run.
    Ralphenomics has to happen due to the complete failure of fiscal policy on the NDP's behalf. You reap what you sow.

Additionally, you have little to zero substantiating evidence to suggest that is what actually happened. What did happen is we had ZERO debt and allowed one of the greatest instances of modern economic prosperity in a region that was mediocre in economic activity.

Wish we could have Ralph back

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast