Quantcast
Raw dog food recommendations (Brands and Stores) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Raw dog food recommendations (Brands and Stores)

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Ive been buying from Don at Complete K9 for at least 5 years, he has been great to deal with and his prices cant be beat. Only kicker is you need to have enough room in the freezer for a 30-50lb bag of frozen meat. He offers a decent variety of meats as well, Chicken, Beef, Salmon, and Turkey. (With products of mixed meats)

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

My shiba is on Carnivora duck from Tail Blazers. Sometimes we can get away with other duck brands, but definitely not any other meat type. She'd rather starve herself than eat anything besides duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    LNF

Does anyone have any guides on choosing a raw food diet? Are you feeding the dogs just one protein source? Or mixing it up?

My dog has been having just Carnivora Duck and I put pumpkin or apples in there from time to time. The more I read, sounds like I am doing it wrong haha.

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    Does anyone have any guides on choosing a raw food diet? Are you feeding the dogs just one protein source? Or mixing it up?

My dog has been having just Carnivora Duck and I put pumpkin or apples in there from time to time. The more I read, sounds like I am doing it wrong haha.
    Depends on the dog. Mine has pretty bad food sensitivities. Bison seems to work, so I stick with it. Fish he responds really bad to. What are you reading you're doing wrong? I put pumpkin in all my dogs meals, it's a great source of fiber, ever since starting that we've never had an issue with runny shits again.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

It depends on the ingredients in the food.. some include other necessary items, some are just pure meat.
    As an example, from the "Chicken/Beef Ultimate" mix from Complete K9, they include: 40% Chicken & Bone, 20% Beef, 20% Tripe, 5% Heart, 5% Lung, 5% Kidney, 5% Liver
    where the single protein (Pure chicken meat) mentions that additional supplements are required. I still try to add in whatever leftover veggies and fiber items from our food to make it a bit more balanced...

Source:
    https://www.thecompletek9.ca/order-o...ucts-c27064224

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post

I mix the proteins and as long as your dog does not have allergies this is the best strategy. I would avoid feeding too much chicken, but it’s the cheapest by a long way.

If they have allergies stick with what works.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by thinmyster View Post
    How do i make sense of these online calculators? I am getting some pretty different values depending on where I look. Ideal adult weight is going to be around ~100lbs. She is ~8weeks now.
    The amount is very similar to kibble... the bag or manufacturer have guidelines ... that is your starting point then adjust to keep them at their ideal weight range.

My current lab at 6 months was eating up to 6 1/2 lbs patties a day now at 4 years old he eats 3 1/2 lbs patties a day... treats also impact the amount they eat...

Amounts vary on their activity level, size, metabolism etc...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2