Quantcast
UPS Package "left at door" but isn't there.. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: UPS Package "left at door" but isn't there..

My Ride
    V8s

Default UPS Package "left at door" but isn't there..

As per title, ordered a golf club from ebay and it was shipped domestic with UPS. Tracking shows it was successfully delivered today and was left on the step, but it's not here. My wife was home all day, and she can confirm it never came. I also looked all around the house, near the garage, near the other side door, etc etc and they didn't stash it anywhere.

I contacted UPS and they said the seller/shipper has to file a report and they do an investigation on it.

Has this happened to anyone else? Did they find the package/come the next day/was it lost forever?

Follow up question (assuming it's lost forever), what are my odds of getting my money back for this, given that UPS claims they successfully delivered the package?

I never have issues with things being shipped to our house, hope I'm not in for too much of a headache here.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As per title, ordered a golf club from ebay and it was shipped domestic with UPS. Tracking shows it was successfully delivered today and was left on the step, but it's not here. My wife was home all day, and she can confirm it never came. I also looked all around the house, near the garage, near the other side door, etc etc and they didn't stash it anywhere.

I contacted UPS and they said the seller/shipper has to file a report and they do an investigation on it.

Has this happened to anyone else? Did they find the package/come the next day/was it lost forever?

Follow up question (assuming it's lost forever), what are my odds of getting my money back for this, given that UPS claims they successfully delivered the package?

I never have issues with things being shipped to our house, hope I'm not in for too much of a headache here.
    Happened to me recently, went on google and typed in my address except the final descriptor (road, drive etc) and went for a walk around my neighbourhood to all the houses with variations of my address. Met a lot of nice people and on the 3rd house finally found it

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Surprised the cocksucker didn't at least ring the doorbell before running away. Can confirm it doesn't matter if it's 7:30am, they will ring the doorbell

Since you went through eBay, see if they have any guaranteed coverage, Paypal as well, they heavily favour the buyer's side.

For any/all future purchases except for Amazon, ask for a signature option even if it's extra.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Anything UPS I schedule for pickup at one of their locations.

Easy to do, just have an account signed up for on UPS, as soon as you get the tracking number, you can change it to "hold for pickup".

My Ride
    95B

Happened to me with a replacement Credit card.
    UPS showed that it was delivered in the tracking. I was home and no one rang the door bell or anything. Called UPS and the moment I gave my address and the tracking number agent at the other end immediately said it was delivered to the wrong address. I was like WTF, so you knew that it was delivered to the wrong address and didn't make any effort to contact me (they had my phone number on the tracking) and you updated the tracking as delivered???? . UPS also said that there is nothing they can do to retrieve the package. Eventhough they knew the address to which it was delivered???

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Anything UPS I schedule for pickup at one of their locations.

Easy to do, just have an account signed up for on UPS, as soon as you get the tracking number, you can change it to "hold for pickup".
    I'll definitely be doing this going forward. I already have my account set up with them.

My Ride
    something green

I've got the opposite problem, I phoned UPS and told them not to deliver an incoming package, and they did anyway...
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

What did you buy? I'm going with a new 3W or hybrid.

My Ride
    V8s

917f2. Decided to try a speeder shaft out this time.

In the computer forum I described a similar issue I've been having with Purolator in my area (Amazon's delivery driver does the same thing as well, who is often the same contractor Purolator uses in my current smaller city). Purolator customer service even found the thread somehow and created an account and posted. https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/408...critique/page5

My concern is exactly what's happened to you Cjblair - they keep dropping of packages at the front door, no ring/knock, even with "signature required" on the items, right in the new snow falling, and leave. Thousands of $ in stuff just sitting at the front door. I asked both Amazon, NewEgg, and Purolator how it works if someone steals some of these sometime...I was told 45 days typically for them to settle claims. Ebay I'm not sure, so hopefully as others said they have a better policy. Also, both Purolator and Amazon's drivers I was told have the "discretion" to leave packages even with sig required, if they feel "it's safe" to do so. Nice.

GL Cjblair, please update the thread once you know more, very interested in hearing what happens here...
    Last edited by Gman.45; 11-07-2018 at 06:21 AM.

Checking neighbors porches is exactly what I would have done right away.

As for UPS, good luck if the package is gone. It's up to the seller being ethical at that point. I had a DJ mixer shipped from UPS, took weeks and weeks with no package showing up. It finally got determined that the package was lost. I had the seller put insurance on the package which I paid for so no biggie I thought. Well since the seller actually has his name on the insurance, he is the receiver of the insurance now for some reason. Well he kept claiming that he spoke to UPS, check is on the way, and he will get out to me as soon as he hears something. After a fucking run around for months, I finally got some lady on the phone at UPS who told me some information she wasn't really allowed to. Insurance check for 2000$ had been issued 2 months prior, seller fucked me.

Going forward, I would just immediately file a claim with Paypal if I happened to use them for payment. They don't give any concern about sellers at all, they will just immediately take the money from the seller on any discrepancy and sort it out later.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Doesn’t matter what it is, gets delivered to my work
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Doesn’t matter what it is, gets delivered to my work
    I actually recently started doing this, but that was with the boss' permission. It can be difficult depending on your work environment to have this done.

My Ride
    V8s

Seller has confirmed they'll open an investigation for it. UPS says they need 10 days to carry it out, so if I don't have resolution between now and 3rd week of Nov I'm going to start talking to paypal/ebay/mastercard to try and get my money back.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to drive around my neighborhood searching for my package.

At my current job I work out of two different buildings DT and have to travel fairly often. Given the relatively low frequency I'm actually at our home office, I don't want to ship stuff here and have the receptionists dealing with it for potentially a week before I can get in to pick it up.

Delivery people don't ring the doorbell anymore. I have stuff delivered several times per week by 3-4 different rotating couriers and not one of them rings the bell. They toss it on the front step and leave. Some of them take a photo, which isn't proof of anything because they could so easily stage the photo and still take the package with them.

Check with neighbors if it's convenient. Check your back yard - I have found a couple back there before too.

Get a camera and point it at your doorstep - that's what I did and I've already caught people snooping my deliveries before I get home.

Anything of value gets delivered to my office for this exact reason. The receptionists where I've worked never care, and I always give them gifts from time to time as a thank you for dealing with my personal deliveries - they love it. I'd usually get something for the guy in shipping/receiving too.

If shipping to your work is not an option, ship it to a post office. It's free if it's below a certain size. Unless the delivery person has no choice but to interact with someone, it's just going to get left somewhere.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/per...delivery.page?
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 11-07-2018 at 10:23 AM.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    I actually recently started doing this, but that was with the boss' permission. It can be difficult depending on your work environment to have this done.
    Weird, never worked in a company that had an issue with this, have always shipped to work.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post

Probably theft. Happens quite often in many hoods. My sister consistently get boxes stolen from front porch at Panorama Hills.

If you expect to receive stuff at home, install a camera or camera door bell.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Well this makes me nervous.. i have golf clubs being delivered by UPS currently as well.... I hope it is signature mandatory.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

This happened to us last year, in laws sent us our xmas gifts in 1 big box. Got the notification it was delivered on front step, go home and sure enough its not there. My wife makes a post on the community facebook page around 6pm and at 10 pm we hear the doorbell. I open the door and its some guy saying his wife seen my wifes post and got our package delivered to his place by accident. He said he had to open the box to find our info and apologized for it. We were so thankful and didnt think much of it other then he was so nice and saved xmas kinda. Wife calls the in laws and while shes calling i noticed that my mil wrote down all her contact info including cell number and my wifes contact info with cel number on the packing slip right on the box. I open the box and soon realize these fucks opened the gifts and once they realized they were no good to them thats the only reason they returned it. What makes no sense to us is why they wouldn't just leave it on our step and take off.

Quote Originally Posted by civic_stylez View Post
    Well this makes me nervous.. i have golf clubs being delivered by UPS currently as well.... I hope it is signature mandatory.
    I would still ship anything of value for pick up at carriers office. Signature mandatory is not fool proof because they dont ask for the owner of the package first, they just go to the first person they see. I lost a pair of goggles last year like this, they said it was delivered and signed for but i had no idea who it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Probably theft. Happens quite often in many hoods. My sister consistently get boxes stolen from front porch at Panorama Hills.

If you expect to receive stuff at home, install a camera or camera door bell.
    We get at least one package a week, usually more, as we shop on amazon a lot; theft has never been an issue (even with golf clubs, I've probably got 5 or 6 through the mail this year). Would have noticed if there was people delivering and/or snooping as there would have been tracks in the snow and we have a couple yappy dogs that make sure and let us know anytime someone is on our property. Only person that came to our house yesterday was Canada Post (ironically enough, since they've decided they only want to work part time now).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast