Quantcast
UPS Package "left at door" but isn't there.. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: UPS Package "left at door" but isn't there..

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We get at least one package a week, usually more, as we shop on amazon a lot; theft has never been an issue (even with golf clubs, I've probably got 5 or 6 through the mail this year). Would have noticed if there was people delivering and/or snooping as there would have been tracks in the snow and we have a couple yappy dogs that make sure and let us know anytime someone is on our property. Only person that came to our house yesterday was Canada Post (ironically enough, since they've decided they only want to work part time now).
    The best thing about Amazon, is nothing gets shipped through those crooks at UPS. My packages always come from some hole in the wall sounding delivery service. These guys email me when they're an hour away from delivery, and if I'm not home I get an email to say package was delivered, with a high res pic of where they left the package. I would know immediately if it was the wrong address. UPS is a huge company and they still can't get with the times and operate like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    We get at least one package a week, usually more, as we shop on amazon a lot; theft has never been an issue (even with golf clubs, I've probably got 5 or 6 through the mail this year). Would have noticed if there was people delivering and/or snooping as there would have been tracks in the snow and we have a couple yappy dogs that make sure and let us know anytime someone is on our property. Only person that came to our house yesterday was Canada Post (ironically enough, since they've decided they only want to work part time now).
    Yea I can almost guarantee it’s just been delivered to a similar address. One thing for future orders (if you haven’t already) is don’t use abbreviations in the address (ie: use Road over rd). I don’t 100% know if this has truly helped, but my gf on her amazon account used the default abbreviation and she has had roughly 3 misdeliveries, a couple RTS’d and one I went out walking and found like I mentioned. When I created my account I edited the default and replaced the abbreviations. I’ve never had a misdelivery and I order way more than she does.

My feeling is they are only taking a cursory glance at the address and the abbreviations run together.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    The best thing about Amazon, is nothing gets shipped through those crooks at UPS. My packages always come from some hole in the wall sounding delivery service. These guys email me when they're an hour away from delivery, and if I'm not home I get an email to say package was delivered, with a high res pic of where they left the package. I would know immediately if it was the wrong address. UPS is a huge company and they still can't get with the times and operate like this.
    Again, you are regurgitating false information. Amazon Canada most definitely uses UPS and they go as far as providing the UPS contact information on their website. They also use Purolator and FedEx in addition to Canada Post and the private couriers. Also the Intelcom delivery notification window is 3 hours not 1 hour.

My Ride
    fg2

90% of my amazon orders are delivered by Intelcom. the odd one comes from UPS. but it's definitely a small percentage

Quote Originally Posted by dansmith11 View Post
    90% of my amazon orders are delivered by Intelcom. the odd one comes from UPS. but it's definitely a small percentage
    same here. 90% of the time Intelcom... 1 email when they are on their way, and another one after it's delivered usually with a picture of the package sitting on the doorstep

Maybe it depends on the area?

In my experience it depends what you order, but also what warehouse it's coming from. If it's all little stuff like cables and phone chargers it is usually Intelcom (but not always). I have also talked to the people at the Intelcom distribution center in Calgary and they told me most of the Amazon business they do is from the BC warehouses. Most of my larger packages or things that come from .com.ca are UPS/Purolator. I see FedEx the least.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

It could've been delivered to another house by accident.

At my old house I once had a UPS package outside our door from Guess (the brand) that I assumed was my wife's usual online shopping order, so I just tossed it inside for her to open. Couple days later when she finally noticed it there, she realized it was addressed to another person/address. The address was for the same house number but 1 block back (19ave instead of 18 ave), so I went over to drop the package off, and they said they literately just got off the phone with UPS dispute department because the package was listed as delivered but of course no where to be seen. So even though the address on the label was correct, the UPS guy still mis-delivered it and missed it by one whole street/block
    Last edited by RX_EVOLV; 11-07-2018 at 05:51 PM.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

UPS does not ring the door bell AT ALL! Witnessed it first hand as I was picking up my kid from his day home. I was walking out and the neighbor had a package coming in form UPS and the UPS guy didn't even walk up the steps but rather just reached up and threw the package at the top of the steps and jumped back in his truck and drove off. Wanted to videotape it but was too lazy. I just ordered a few items from eBay and nothing arrived so filed a ticket with the seller and was refunded with no questions asked. It's just really a pain in the ass to have to deal with that sort of shit.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

I had a delivery from Dynamax yesterday, one of Amazon's new couriers, and the driver was awesome. She couldn't find my place so she called me, let me guide her to the front door, and then asked me where I'd like her to leave it. So far a sample size of one but if that's how they do business I am impressed. Most couriers would have probably just brought it back to the warehouse or put a note on file that "more customer information" is required.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    Weird, never worked in a company that had an issue with this, have always shipped to work.
    Its strictly forbidden for us to do this. The mailroom will reject the package. Granted with 2000 employees here I can see why they would do this.

Quote Originally Posted by A2VR6 View Post
    Its strictly forbidden for us to do this. The mailroom will reject the package. Granted with 2000 employees here I can see why they would do this.
    Yup same here. I’ve actually never worked for a company that allowed it.

My Ride
    V8s

Well, got it resolved. The ebay seller opened an investigation with UPS, and as of the end of the investigation period (48h) they hadn't found the package. I'm assuming UPS delivered to the wrong address (which is odd, because I don't use abbreviations and there's not a bunch of variations on my street name like there is in new communities).

I don't know what the resolution to the investigation actually was because the seller stopped responding to me, but when I opened a dispute with eBay, the seller refunded me in full within minutes.

Moral of the story, UPS sucks balls (what else is new), and always buy through paypal/ebay/etc. so when the shitty courier gives your item to someone else you can at least get your money back.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    V8s

Seller contacted me a couple days after the refund, saying UPS confirmed they delivered the package to me and asked me to make sure I checked around my doorstep and side gates and such I told her that they absolutely didn't and obviously I checked; also said that she should push back and ask for proof (and them simply saying "we delivered it" doesn't qualify as proof). Hopefully she's able to get some money out of those crooks.

Courier delivery disputes are an absolute nightmare regardless of company. I've only had a couple and they were both with Canada Post - never saw a dime, despite the fact they could not prove the item was delivered. The sender and CP point fingers at each other and the customer is the only loser. Getting damage covered is equally difficult, if not even harder, and only applies if you pay for the courier to pack the package for you which all but ensures there will be damage. There is no winning.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by A2VR6 View Post
    I haven't worked at a place that doesn't allow it, but I can see why a company wouldn't. Especially if it's a larger company with a mailroom. If it's just reception, it's probably not a big deal unless it starts to get really out of hand.

But on a more related note, I purchased something on Amazon that said was delivered, but didn't show. So after a couple days I got it resolved with Amazon. When I went to pick up the replacement, I ended up with both deliveries.

EDIT: Re-reading this, I realize my wording was all fucked up, and I temporarily lost the ability to create a coherent sentence. What I meant to say is that the tracking on my original package said it was delivered, but it never did. So I contacted Amazon and they re-sent a replacement. When I went to pick up the replacement, the post office gave me both packages. Apparently, they had had it the whole time.
    Last edited by sexualbanana; 11-16-2018 at 12:35 AM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    NC1

It's garbage. I have lost a couple packages that were delivered and signed lmao but whatever as they were cheap. still annoying
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I have had good luck with delivery folk around here. I have been watching this thread since the beginning because I had a large package being delivered from Amazon via UPS. My only gripe was their tracking system didn't update on the delivery day... didn't say "With delivery driver" or whatever, so I was confused as to whether or not it was going to show up on the day I expected. He rang the door bell and knocked, then took off. We were home so we got the package right away.

I once ordered a laptop off of Amazon and the UPS guy wouldn't even let me put my hands on it without showing ID. Had to sign and what not.

I find DHL to be the most thorough with their tracking system. It is spot on, even when they hand off to Loomis. The last one looks like they handed off to Canada Post, who actually just rang my door bell a couple hours ago but no one is home. Left a pick up note. Gf got the note, went to pick up spot, got the package. Seamless.

Yah I actually don't have a bad experience to tell, at least not yet. (Knock on wood.)
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

My amazon shit is never ups. Always intelcom or dynamex.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    Weird, never worked in a company that had an issue with this, have always shipped to work.
    We're not allowed to have things delivered to our work.
    Cos...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast