Quantcast
Oumuamua alien space probe. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Oumuamua alien space probe.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 02:59 PM.

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

Honestly our timeline is beginning to seem so odd that I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see - or get visited by - aliens within the next few decades

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by mazdavirgin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you even read the papers you link? The whole paper is about a hypothetical scenario whereby they examine if an object could be accelerated through solar radiation pressure to mimic the acceleration measured. The whole thing concludes with yes it's possible but the object would have to be between 0.3 to 0.9 mm thick and a few km's wide.

You guys are getting all excited because the deviation from expected is ~ 0.000005 m/s^2. Do you even realize how slow that is? That's 5 micrometers per second squared. A piece of paper is about 150 micrometers thick...
    You are the person who called PhD Harvard Scientists' "quacks" posting 'random gibberish' on the internet.

As far as reading the actual article - I posted a large portion of it - its not rocket science as to what they are alluding to (constructed object) as one possibility.

As far as the seemingly small number - you are lacking in perspective in Astrophysics - the Pioneer Anomaly acceleration towards the Sun, of 8.74×10−10 m/s2 - is significant enough to warrant attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tcon View Post
    Honestly our timeline is beginning to seem so odd that I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see - or get visited by - aliens within the next few decades
    You do realize that we had high level disclosure back in 2001 ?
    Last edited by revelations; 11-08-2018 at 10:08 AM.

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post

You do realize that we had high level disclosure back in 2001 ?

What do you mean?

My Ride

What do you mean?
    The video is almost 2 hours - national press club in Washington DC - consisting of former members of the FAA, military etc. - coming forward regarding non-terrestrial objects.

https://youtu.be/4DrcG7VGgQU?t=873

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

The video is almost 2 hours - national press club in Washington DC - consisting of former members of the FAA, military etc. - coming forward regarding non-terrestrial objects.

https://youtu.be/4DrcG7VGgQU?t=873
    Dang, that'll make for some good night shift entertainment tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    I don't believe

Personally I think when people reach a certain age, they realize their time is nearly gone and want to be remembered for something so they start making stuff up

When I turn ~65ish.... I will be telling all kinds of convincing stories about aliens. Why not, gets you attention and kids are stupid and impressionable
    So basically, a mimic of the entirety of Hollywood. Definitely a reasonable assessment. I always wanted to be Iron Man, or maybe Thanos. Never wanted to be Aldrin, because it is totally unrealistic moving forward.

I always felt a little sorry about people who saw the moon landing and wanted to play golf on the moon. Realistically the only thing they have now is Aliens as anyone who claims to have landed on the moon by 2050 will probably be met with extreme skepticism.

But I'm pretty sure this probe is real, even if it is just space debris. Its not unreasonable to think that humans have been surpassed by multitudes of different beings, on earth or not. Heck, if we can catch one of the probes and reverse engineer it, it may end up surpassing all the space travel technology gained on earth over a century.

Looking at the facts, its doing the exact same thing that we did with our space probe, slingshotting around large objects and coming within close proximity to interesting objects (and not just open space) Space probe probability: NotUnpossible as verified by Harvard edumucation.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-08-2018 at 06:28 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride

I don't believe

Personally I think when people reach a certain age, they realize their time is nearly gone and want to be remembered for something so they start making stuff up

When I turn ~65ish.... I will be telling all kinds of convincing stories about aliens. Why not, gets you attention and kids are stupid and impressionable
    You can certainly make that argument for some cases and examples - yes.

However, these high level officials are telling consistent reports of advanced technology and space objects that obviously dont come from our standard idea of reality.

The courts will convict and imprison people based on witness testimony. The standard burden of proof applies here as well (which is demonstrated). The credibility of these people and their positions is the first thing we need to question, and is what is done in the court of law as well. .

Well, technically there is no proof of god (in the traditional sense). It requires belief, faith, leaps of logic. Can you throw people in jail for believing in god? It has happened before.

I mean, you can "kind of" claim you have seen god, or it might have just been a really big hot pepper you just ate.

If you want to throw people in jail for believing in aliens, then you pretty much have to do the same for those that believe in god and the devil.

"I want to believe" as opposed to "I am a believer" Gods and aliens, to some same difference no difference.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-08-2018 at 11:21 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

I don't believe

I dunno man, it didn't really seem that way - I mean a couple even seemed reluctant to be talking in front of a crowd, I highly doubt they are the type to want a bunch of attention. Not saying I blindly believe all of what they said, but it was definitely an interesting watch.

I dunno man, it didn't really seem that way - I mean a couple even seemed reluctant to be talking in front of a crowd, I highly doubt they are the type to want a bunch of attention. Not saying I blindly believe all of what they said, but it was definitely an interesting watch.

This ffeels like another repeat of a recent conversation. Remember eye witness testimony is the single most fallable piece of evidence and weakest evidence out there.

Go with the most probable explaination not the most exciting least probable explaination.

My favourite hoaxes are the alien crash site ones. Yea guys, they mastered interstellar space only to be fooled by earths gravity.

Or the fact that every UFO sighting looks like the Hollywood depiction, I wonder why....

Don’t be gullible and take things at face value, investigate with as much skepticism as you would anything you don’t believe in. People put together those testimonials in a way that buys them views not in a way that actually tries to find the truth....

Edit: great example about why you shouldn’t believe extraordinary claims at face value. I did some research prior to the court throwing this out and Todd’s silver bullet Bigfoot DNA evidence had been determined to be human by a lab long before the lawsuit, yet in Todd’s own words he did google searches on DNA identification and knows the lab techs did not interpret the genetic markers correctly. He’s still trying to convince (sometimes successfully) the public that this human Hair is actually a Bigfoot hair and the experts that have spent their life studying DNA can’t compete with his googling
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...n-bc-1.4810942
    Last edited by J-hop; 11-09-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 02:58 PM.

My Ride

I just can't believe that aliens would come, somehow have the ability to fly around in our skies... somehow get captured, and now the government has some crazy new technology, yet they only make airplanes with it
    Dr. Greer and his team have amassed around 400 ex-military and government officials who were able to use a legal loop hole to break their oath of secrecy. This is exactly the story they are all telling.

As far as advanced technology for propulsion - T. Townsend Brown had things flying around in a lab using electrostatic propulsion - back in the 1930s. He was apparently able to scale it up to full sized models and it went black from there (in the 1940s).

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

#3 though, wouldn't we want to send a probe that can slingshot around a sun so it could return somewhat back to us with data?

Also to an earlier comment, just because we noticed this one rock, doesn't mean there haven't been 1000 previous ones. Who knows, maybe they're trying to hit us. Dammed Belters
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 11-09-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 02:58 PM.

I think we’re way too small minded on this topic. Aliens aren’t going to use any sort of propulsion that’s even conceivable by mankind. They are going to have technology we won’t even begin to understand. The idea that we could have captured them is laughable, and shows how deluded people are into thinking humans have achieved anything near what an interstellar species has achieved.

I’m actually not opposed to the idea we’ve been visited but we would be to them what ants are to us, we wouldn’t even know let alone be able to capture one.

So ridiculous.....

Dr. Greer and his team have amassed around 400 ex-military and government officials who were able to use a legal loop hole to break their oath of secrecy. This is exactly the story they are all telling.

As far as advanced technology for propulsion - T. Townsend Brown had things flying around in a lab using electrostatic propulsion - back in the 1930s. He was apparently able to scale it up to full sized models and it went black from there (in the 1940s).
    Pretty sure dr Greer was one of the idiots pushing That Ata was an ET which was proven beyond any question to be absolute garbage. Don’t listen to crack pots like that man it leaves you too susceptible to bullshit claims
    Last edited by J-hop; 11-09-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Exactly ^
    When was the last time anyone stopped to have a conversation with ants?

Has there been aliens here? Maybe. But they aren't going to waste their time on us, unless it's to stomp on us for fun.
    Definitely never been alien contact.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Pretty sure dr Greer was one of the idiots pushing That Ata was an ET which was proven beyond any question to be absolute garbage. Don’t listen to crack pots like that man it leaves you too susceptible to bullshit claims
    I have not followed what Dr. Greer has claimed or not claimed about the Atacama item, but its certainly not within the realm of present scientific knowledge to explain away. The skeleton indeed has human DNA, but even monkeys share 96% of their DNA with us.

Either way, I look at the technology ascpect - and the evidence (not just Dr. Greer) in aggregate does point to a large scale black ops system that has very advanced technology going on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast