Quantcast
2013 Acura TL SH AWD 6 speed manual - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Acura TL SH AWD 6 speed manual

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thinking about an AFE Takeda SRI. I liked the SRI on my 09 Si because it really made the vtec engagement crack. Thoughts? Does it retain the factory ram/cold air from the bumper as long as I keep the resonator?

Attachment 84145
    How the hell is this engine so dam clean..?

My Ride
    G37X

Factory engine covers really cut down on dust and grime. He likely took the pic post install with them removed.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    You're right. That's why I only added a k&n filter on the 6-6. Honda's are already pretty loud once you open up the intake. I actually forgot about these cars until I spoke to a hot chick at work who has the same one but auto. Forgot that there was a stick shift option!

I'm very happy that the synchros and shift action are much smoother. Haven't grinded 2nd shifting at redline unlike the 09 Si. 6-6 also didn't like to shift smooth into 2nd when it was cold. Acura doesn't have this issue.
    Odd.. my TL didn’t like the cold shifting.

Perhaps some GM synchromesh is in your transaxle already. Honda gears love that sauce.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Odd.. my TL didn’t like the cold shifting.

Perhaps some GM synchromesh is in your transaxle already. Honda gears love that sauce.
    Could be. First Honda I've had that didn't hate 2nd gear when cold

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Has anyone seen this ad??...last I saw he had it at $8500...according to this guy it's rebuilt and HAS passed inspection, just needs new clutch. If he's down to $8000 that's a pretty good deal, no?

According to previous threads on rebuilt cars, they're "better than new" because of Alberta's "stringent" inspections...

And this one seems priced low enough to make up for the fact of perceived loss in value...I honestly can't see too much that can wrong with it mechanically especially if those km are true.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

Fuck, I've almost talked myself into actually going to look at it....hmmm..
    Last edited by NissanFanBoy; 11-30-2018 at 06:49 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Buy it if you want to keep it long term. rebuilt cars are a nightmare to sell, no matter what condition they are in.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I saw the original ad(s) for that car. No mention of the rebuilt title at all and the guy kept reposting the ad with different prices.

I think that ad was put up by someone who went to look at the car. The seller has deleted all the ads for it on kijiji Calgary since that warning ad was posted up.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...rce=ios_social
    Last edited by J.M.; 11-30-2018 at 07:02 PM.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by J.M. View Post
    I saw the original ad(s) for that car. No mention of the rebuilt title at all and the guy kept reposting the ad with different prices.

I think that ad was put up by someone who went to look at the car. The seller has deleted all the ads for it pretty much since that warning ad was posted up.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...rce=ios_social
    Ya another guy who went to see it posted another ad like that to warn people. Some people are complete morons though. The seller, as shady a fucker as he is, actually priced it way below what others are selling it at, so is he wrong for trying to dupe really dumb people? That's for another thread but I would agree he's a bad bad person and he'll get karma one day...but I think what he's selling is a decent product and it's a pretty decent deal, but I'm not sure whether I'm ready for a sedan.

I been toying with the idea of getting a manual AWD car, and I don't want to deal with German reliability and Subarus are just as bad and unfortunately Nissan doesn't make an AWD sedan with manual, and after reading this thread, it seems like a TL is pretty damn good car.

Well it’s up for $9k on kijiji Edmonton now https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...rce=ios_social

It’s a decent deal as long as you can live with the mismatched front bumper, rims, rebuilt title and it needing a new clutch plus potentially needing a new timing belt/water pump service at that mileage.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Someone had an ad up warning not to waste your time with that car, apparently he saw it in person and it’s a huge turd.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Someone who rebuilds a car and doesn't take care of needed maintenance is not someone I'd buy a vehicle from.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Well it’s up for $9k on kijiji Edmonton now https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...rce=ios_social

It’s a decent deal as long as you can live with the mismatched front bumper, rims, rebuilt title and it needing a new clutch plus potentially needing a new timing belt/water pump service at that mileage.
    Very true, all that shit does add up...plus I'd have to get rid of those GHETTO rims.

I’ll sell you a headache for way cheaper. Stay away from this car....

Edit: yea google the vin someone posted 19uua9e51ca801074 , for some reason some of the poctra images weren’t showing up in that link posted in one of the warning ads (pics are available in google images). Looks like it was in a pretty decent accident, both airbags deployed, passenger side completely crumpled.

If the person is cutting corners and not doing to clutch for a sale I’d hate to see what other corners they cut. I’d also venture a guess it hasn’t passed salvage inspection, but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by J-hop; 12-01-2018 at 09:07 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    I’d also venture a guess it hasn’t passed salvage inspection, but I could be wrong.
    That part is easy to check. If it's title is branded rebuilt, it's passed. You can check that from the comfort of your computer with a carproof.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    That part is easy to check. If it's title is branded rebuilt, it's passed. You can check that from the comfort of your computer with a carproof.
    I think I have a similar taste in age of vehicle as you so trust me I know that haha. But I’m not in the market currently so I don’t have a carproof subscription and can’t check it so was just speculating. Do you have one?

I question even whether a vehicle with a bad clutch can pass a salvage inspection. I’m working on family member’s car right now to pass a salvage and I think that’s on the Powertrain requirements, they are actually supposed to drive the vehicle if I understand it right. Also I haven’t seen anyone posting online actually discuss the report, that’s the first thing I’d want to see

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If you mean AWESOME taste, you are correct, but I don't have a subscription, I just pay the $50 or whatever each time. God I haven't bought anything in nearly eight months. It must be about time.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    If you mean AWESOME taste, you are correct, but I don't have a subscription, I just pay the $50 or whatever each time. God I haven't bought anything in nearly eight months. It must be about time.
    I feel you, it’s been 14 months since I last used.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Are you guys addicts too? Lol.. I've had my daily driver which is also my fun vehicle for 1.5 years now, had my winter/practical vehicle for 3.5 months now but it's a boring SUV and I think might end up doing what I did last year, got bored of it half way through winter, sold it and bought a fast AWD car, only this time I think I might end up going fast, FWD, manual with studded winters... Unless I find one of these TLs haha

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    Are you guys addicts too? Lol.. I've had my daily driver which is also my fun vehicle for 1.5 years now, had my winter/practical vehicle for 3.5 months now but it's a boring SUV and I think might end up doing what I did last year, got bored of it half way through winter, sold it and bought a fast AWD car, only this time I think I might end up going fast, FWD, manual with studded winters... Unless I find one of these TLs haha
    My big problem is the net change, net change in number of vehicles is always positive for me. I get too attached and right now my gf is annoyed for having to constantly squeeze her car passed the Jetta I haven’t driven in 6 months parked up against the garage on a trickle charger

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

It’s been almost 8 months since I bought a personal car and that’s a long ass time for me. I love my Z06 and will keep that for years unless I become significantly more wealthy, but my diesel VW is so ungodly uninspiring to drive that I contemplate hawking it daily for something more special.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast