Quantcast
2013 Acura TL SH AWD 6 speed manual - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Acura TL SH AWD 6 speed manual

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I paid 14 k for mine. They've come down a lot. Anywhere from 13 - 20 k ish.
    Awesome, that's the range I'd be looking at.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

AWD 6-6, love it lol.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    AWD 6-6, love it lol.
    Seriously considering my first vanity plate, think beyond.ca would chip in ? lol

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

What is the TL built on..? i.e how much of the TL is a Accord..?

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    The TL feels like a Germanic accord. I've figured out every feature on it already. Not sure how much is carryover but it feels as if Audi/BMW built a 6-6. Nice solid "thunk" when you close the doors compared to 6-6.

Congrats.

I have a '10 TL SH-AWD 6spd and i love it, owned it for about 5 years and no complaints.

I had a 2008 Type-s. It was pretty anemic with the automatic though. It was an alright car, definitely didn't rival German counterparts. I haven't had a chance to drive the newer ones and see how much better they are. I got rid of my 2008 within a month or so, I just didn't enjoy it without the 6-speed.

like 70%? The thing is that the infamous 6-6 Accord is a 9th generation accord vs the 4th Gen TL is based off of the bigger and heavier 8th generation Accord.

It is quite a lot heavier than the 6-6 but does have a bit more power and SH-AWD does give more traction than just FWD.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

There's some high 'normal' mileage 2009's out there. One in Red Deer looks good and winter wheels included for 10,500 with 200KM I believe.

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by sneek View Post
    like 70%? The thing is that the infamous 6-6 Accord is a 9th generation accord vs the 4th Gen TL is based off of the bigger and heavier 8th generation Accord.

It is quite a lot heavier than the 6-6 but does have a bit more power and SH-AWD does give more traction than just FWD.
    I don't know if it's just because it's an Acura, but the doors feel so much more solid. Way less wind noise. And the leather is of much higher quality. Certainly the most luxurious car I've owned to date. The SH-AWD just hooks up and goes with the studded winters. Tiny squawk at launch and it's gone. Worthy upgrade from the 6-6.

I don't know if it's just because it's an Acura, but the doors feel so much more solid. Way less wind noise. And the leather is of much higher quality. Certainly the most luxurious car I've owned to date. The SH-AWD just hooks up and goes with the studded winters. Tiny squawk at launch and it's gone. Worthy upgrade from the 6-6.
    The leather is that smooth leather instead of the typical Honda pebbled leather but it isn't as durable in my experience (I have both cars in my stable. Both cars are great but the TL is a pig on gas. The highway milage is even kind of crap... I think it is rated for 8.*/100KM but my last road trip I got 9.8

My Ride
    G37X

It's a heavy awd car with a port injection 3.7 V6 so I can't complain but I think I'm averaging around 13 L/100 in the city. It's about the same as my Camaro SS, maybe a little worse due to how short Honda gearing is. Oh well

I have owned my MY2012 6MT since new. It is my wife's car now. The manual TL is a great car and it will be harder to come by as only 5% of the TLs came with the 6-speed manual. It is a heavy car but feels lighter than its actual weight. The dampers are slightly stiffer on the manual cars... that combined with the lighter weight makes a difference to handling between the MT and AT cars.

When I was driving the car, I would be routinely into the high 12 and mid 13 L/100 km if I remember right but then I didn't really care about fuel economy. When my wife drives, she can get it down to 11.X L/100 km. On highway trips, we routinely see mid to high 8 L/100 km.

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by cloud7 View Post
    I have owned my MY2012 6MT since new. It is my wife's car now. The manual TL is a great car and it will be harder to come by as only 5% of the TLs came with the 6-speed manual. It is a heavy car but feels lighter than its actual weight. The dampers are slightly stiffer on the manual cars... that combined with the lighter weight makes a difference to handling between the MT and AT cars.

When I was driving the car, I would be routinely into the high 12 and mid 13 L/100 km if I remember right but then I didn't really care about fuel economy. When my wife drives, she can get it down to 11.X L/100 km. On highway trips, we routinely see mid to high 8 L/100 km.
    That's really not bad at all for the era. If I can hit 8 ish highway I'll be happy. It's too fun to hear the vtec crack though. Want to add a takeda SRI. Even a new filter and removing the plastic engine bay covers gives it a little more oomph at full throttle. And I agree, it feels like it's 3-400 lbs lighter thanks to the suspension tuning.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

That's really not bad at all for the era. If I can hit 8 ish highway I'll be happy. It's too fun to hear the vtec crack though. Want to add a takeda SRI. Even a new filter and removing the plastic engine bay covers gives it a little more oomph at full throttle. And I agree, it feels like it's 3-400 lbs lighter thanks to the suspension tuning.
    Removing engine bay covers? Never thought of that, I thought one purpose of them is to absorb heat??

My Ride
    G37X

^They are plastic and don't have heat shielding. I suspect they are purely aesthetic and partial noise reduction as typical acura buyer likely does not like to hear too much intake note.
    Name:  2012-acura-tl-sh-awd-010_medium.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  53.0 KB
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 11-14-2018 at 02:38 PM.

My Ride
    3.5L 7th Gen Accord

Nice pick up, just be careful on the headlights, I have heard they are prone to cracking. My friend has gone through 2 sets of them already and is finally giving up and selling his car. There is a lot about it online.

Instead of doing the exhaust, you should look at doing the J-pipe and the precats. RV6 makes some nice stuff.

If it is anything like the 7 Gen Accord V6 and 4 Gen TL, then pretty much most of the car is the same. The J32 is a direct plug and play swap for the J30, also you can use the J35 cranks and rods to stroke the J32 to 3.5L, or even the J37 cranks and rods. The Cam shaft from the 4 Gen TL-S is a direct plug and play into either the J30 or J32 engine (the swap puts down pretty good power, at around 240 hp and 220 ft/lbs at the wheels). You can also swap the suspension bars from the TL-S directly into the Accord, along with swapping air intake manifolds. Even looking at sub frames of both models, they are plug and play, just different materials.
    Last edited by triplep; 11-14-2018 at 03:18 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

Yeah, funny you should say that as part of the deal was for the dealer to replace the cracked/foggy passenger light. $900 from Acura! I'll look into 3M type film on the headlights/fogs.

RV6 does make some nice stuff. Couldn't bring myself to mod a FWD accord but I feel a little more motivated with this car. Still want to keep it emissions compliant.

My Ride
    3.5L 7th Gen Accord

I don't think the 3M film will help with the cracking issue. I think it has to do with our weather and the wild temperature swings we have.

You can always opt for the high flow precats as I know they make them.

My Ride
    V8s

Still want to keep it emissions compliant.
    Why? Not like we live in California.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast