Quantcast
The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread - Page 25 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 25 of 87 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    P series Quantum 65% $1549 ($550 off) at Costco.ca right now and $1489 in store:

https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-Quantum-...100494689.html
    That is the 2019 P series replacement with quantum dots. It’s a replacement for last years P series non quantum, and performs slightly better in terms of color with no change in brightness. It’s not comparable to PQ (2018) or PX (2019) which are 3x brighter in peak brightness. Vizio made the Ps and Ms quantum dot for 2019.

The PQ65 at $2000 is/was a better buy. Still some left at Costco.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    That is the 2019 P series replacement with quantum dots. It’s a replacement for last years P series non quantum, and performs slightly better in terms of color with no change in brightness. It’s not comparable to PQ (2018) or PX (2019) which are 3x brighter in peak brightness. Vizio made the Ps and Ms quantum dot for 2019.

Yup, it's not the latest one. Not a bad way to save over $500 if you don't need the brightness of the PQ though.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yup, it's not the latest one. Not a bad way to save over $500 if you don't need the brightness of the PQ though.
    2 different things. The PQ and PX isn’t that much brighter (50%) over the P. It’s the 3x peak brightness improvements for HDR that’s the differentiator. I mean if you’re not leveraging HDR content, there’s even cheaper alternatives out there such as the TCL that will do as good a job as the Vizio P.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

2 different things. The PQ and PX isn’t that much brighter (50%) over the P. It’s the 3x peak brightness improvements for HDR that’s the differentiator. I mean if you’re not leveraging HDR content, there’s even cheaper alternatives out there such as the TCL that will do as good a job as the Vizio P.
    Most people are not using any of these TV's to their potential either because of the environments they're used in or the signal they're sending them. Where you draw the line on what's worth paying for I suppose is subjective. I've got to imagine most of these TV's rarely see 4K content let alone HDR content - just think of how many people probably have 4K/HDR TVs but have items in their chain that are not HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I can't believe we're 4 months away from when a bunch of us picked up M65's from Costco for $900.

I'm still happy with the M65 since I'm too cheap to completely switch everything over for DV and pay for HDR content lol.

Looking for a 65" tv in the $1000 range, can go up a bit. Stuck between the TCL 6 series and the Vizio quantum M (M658-G1). What would you guys recommend? Can't seem find the quantum M on rtings to compare, don't think they've tested it yet.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I keep hoping they'll blow the rest out at discount to get rid of the stock.

Vizio Quantum M 65" $1029 for the next 3 days:

https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-Quantum-...100494766.html

Is the PQ65 still worth it seeing the price differential between the different 65inch models?
    Vizio Quantum M658-G1 65 for 1,029.99
    Vizio Quantum P659-G1 65 for 1,899.99
    Vizio Quantum PQ65-F1 65 for 1,999.99

Mostly looking for something to use primarily as a very large monitor/games/tv...

Quote Originally Posted by mazdavirgin View Post
    Is the PQ65 still worth it seeing the price differential between the different 65inch models?
    Vizio Quantum M658-G1 65 for 1,029.99
    Vizio Quantum P659-G1 65 for 1,899.99
    Vizio Quantum PQ65-F1 65 for 1,999.99

Mostly looking for something to use primarily as a very large monitor/games/tv...
    It depends what environment it's going in, how much true 4K HDR content you will be feeding it (doesn't sound like much), and how much you care about incremental improvements. Obviously the PQ is not twice as good as a MQ, so you need to decide where the point of diminishing return is for your personal needs. I would say it's not worth the 2X premium outside a dedicated theater environment, but that's just one opinion. Also, without having them all side by side, anything on that list is going to look stunning on its own.

It depends what environment it's going in, how much true 4K HDR content you will be feeding it (doesn't sound like much), and how much you care about incremental improvements. Obviously the PQ is not twice as good as a MQ, so you need to decide where the point of diminishing return is for your personal needs. I would say it's not worth the 2X premium outside a dedicated theater environment, but that's just one opinion. Also, without having them all side by side, anything on that list is going to look stunning on its own.
    Yeah that makes sense. My only point of hesitation is the tv is in a room with lots of windows and it is quite bright during the day. Obviously less of a concern at night. Just looking to replace my old phillips tv that finally kicked the bucket. The phillips was always a bit hard to see during bright daylight but it was also 10 years old...

Quote Originally Posted by mazdavirgin View Post
    Yeah that makes sense. My only point of hesitation is the tv is in a room with lots of windows and it is quite bright during the day. Obviously less of a concern at night. Just looking to replace my old phillips tv that finally kicked the bucket. The phillips was always a bit hard to see during bright daylight but it was also 10 years old...
    The problem with really bright environments is it's a double edged sword. The brightest TV's with the best anti-glare coatings are also the most expensive, but at the same time you will never see the TV perform even close to it's best in that kind of environment. Or you can just get better blinds or some curtains - might be cheaper haha. The human eye does not see brightness in a linear way, so a TV advertising double the nits is not going to look twice as bright or vise versa.

You can return/exchange TV's within 90 days at Costco - if you're worried about it, you could buy the MQ and if you aren't satisfied in your viewing environment, exchange it for the PQ. Bit of hassle but it gives you the luxury of actually having the TV in your actual usage scenario risk-free. If you're satisfied with the MQ, you can hold onto $1000.

Anything you buy today is likely going to be a lot brighter than your 10yr old Phillips, and if it was a plasma, it had glass which probably reflected a lot.

PX75's are already down to $2999 at Costco:

https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-Quantum-...100500046.html

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Anything you buy today is likely going to be a lot brighter than your 10yr old Phillips....
    This is basically where I was, so I bought the biggest TV I could within my budget. I'm sure a few of the 60" - 70" were better spec'd but I went with a 82" since I wanted the screen size and I wouldn't of noticed the other upgrades since I was coming from 8-9~ year old technology anyway. I believe it was the nu8200, it's posted earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceod View Post
    This is basically where I was, so I bought the biggest TV I could within my budget. I'm sure a few of the 60" - 70" were better spec'd but I went with a 82" since I wanted the screen size and I wouldn't of noticed the other upgrades since I was coming from 8-9~ year old technology anyway. I believe it was the nu8200, it's posted earlier in the thread.
    You did exactly what I advise most people to do. I've yet to encounter someone who wasn't happy they got the biggest TV they could afford, instead of getting something with slightly better contrast/brightness, etc. in a much smaller size - especially if not destined for a dedicated theater environment. After 5 minutes you won't care about those things but you'll always enjoy having the biggest possible screen. Congrats on the purchase!

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I wanted a M65 or P65 and now no more guess I'll wait for a sale on the PQ65

Anyone have any input on the Hisense Quantum Dot tvs?
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    I wanted a M65 or P65 and now no more guess I'll wait for a sale on the PQ65

Anyone have any input on the Hisense Quantum Dot tvs?
    They are good for the money. On par with mid-range Vizios and similar. Full array back-lighting with varying zones depending on the model and size.

Rtings likes them too: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/h8f

Same old story, if it isn't going in a dedicated theater or otherwise unique viewing environment, your options are almost endless for decent, cheap TV's in all sizes.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-08-2019 at 09:49 AM.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Bought an M65 last year and always had the itch to pick up a 75" or even an 80" instead if the cost wasn't too prohibitive.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

They are good for the money. On par with mid-range Vizios and similar. Full array back-lighting with varying zones depending on the model and size.

Rtings likes them too: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/h8f

Same old story, if it isn't going in a dedicated theater or otherwise unique viewing environment, your options are almost endless for decent, cheap TV's in all sizes.
    Thanks for info. I just wanted the best bang for buck and it seemed the older Vizio M/P's were that. Still using my 42" Toshiba Regza, been about 10-12 years, so need replacement soon before it craps out.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Page 25 of 87 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast