Quantcast
The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The other thing you'll notice a lot in sports is completely blown whites (hockey ice, white jerseys, etc.) Lots of sports feeds are absolute garbage.
    I *think* the problem is from the distribution side. Bell, Telus, Shaw all do different things to that feed that really destroys it. The problem went away for me this year as I stream over nhl TV, where the sportsnet and TSN feeds looks dialed in.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I *think* the problem is from the distribution side. Bell, Telus, Shaw all do different things to that feed that really destroys it. The problem went away for me this year as I stream over nhl TV, where the sportsnet and TSN feeds looks dialed in.
    I think that is part of the problem. When I used to watch uncompressed OTA HD feeds I didn't notice it as much, but I also didn't do any side-by-side testing to say for sure.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Really, I’ve found that the settings pretty much never needs tweaking anymore. Panels are consistent these days.
    I went through and changed up the contrast/brightness/black levels on my M65, made a notable difference. Also run it in vivid mode, for anything besides actual film movies, way too yellow tinge on normal.

I'm REALLY happy with the M65 after tweaking it. What I actually found worked well was to use a phone to stream a video (on the phone), and have the same thing play on the TV. Allowed me to nail the contrast by using the phone as the "baseline". Everything looks "correct" to me.

Also of note, no matter what, content output from a desktop through a GPU looks like trash compared to casting via an app like netflix. Dunno whatsup with that, but I watch everything I care about cast through an app now vs off webbrowser.

My Ride
    Has wheels

The other thing you'll notice a lot in sports is completely blown whites (hockey ice, white jerseys, etc.) Lots of sports feeds are absolute garbage.

This is a good tool if you want to display perfectly accurate colors/patterns etc. to use as a reference:

https://www.amazon.ca/Digital-Video-...r=8-5-fkmrnull

If you want to do a proper calibration yourself, it's very easy but it's time consuming - all you need is a colorimeter, a laptop, and some free software. Most people don't care enough as their TV's aren't in dedicated theaters which is probably the only place where you might notice a difference between a full calibration and "good enough".

Crazy how small that 82" TV looks on that wall - I think you need a projector Also seeing a dog near those exposed drivers gives me anxiety
    Projector isn't going to happen until we move/build our "forever" house, which is minimum 5 years away. This set up is in the bonus room which has too much light from different areas of the house, so this TV will have to be good enough.

I'm going to continue to play around with the settings but feel like, it'll be good enough, for me anyways.

That picture doesn't do the size of the 82" justice at all. I was standing 16' - 16.5' away as that's where I'm generally watching from.

Of course as many have said throughout this thread, I'd still go bigger but cost vs size plays a huge factor with any option bigger than what I chose.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    i was thinking the same thing. i would never guess that's an 82" based on that picture. 65" at most. must be a massive dog lol
    Name:  FB_IMG_1552941373395.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  76.0 KB
    She's 90 - 95lbs depending on the week haha.
    Speakers are fine with her, she doesnt touch anything in the house other than what she knows she's allowed. Even as a puppy we had pretty much zero issue with her.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceod View Post
    Speakers are fine with her, she doesnt touch anything in the house other than what she knows she's allowed. Even as a puppy we had pretty much zero issue with her.

beautiful girl! not overly huge but definitely makes sense why the screen looks smaller using her as a reference point.

That dog is awesome.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Well... My plasma TV shit the bed. Will be reviewing the suggestions around here.

Does anyone know if I have a 65in wall mount if it can mount bigger sizes? I just can't remember for the life of me.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Typically the mounting screws are the same, but they also have weight ratings.

Odds are a TV now weighs a ton less than 5-10 years ago, but you'd probably want to double check the old TV's specs.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by colsankey View Post
    Typically the mounting screws are the same, but they also have weight ratings.

Odds are a TV now weighs a ton less than 5-10 years ago, but you'd probably want to double check the old TV's specs.
    Thanks. It's a 65 plasma so was thinking of going same size or bigger.

This is a pretty good deal at $999:

https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-M65-F0-6...100409299.html

My Ride
    Has wheels

Thanks guys, she's a pretty good dog.

@flipstah always go bigger than you think, that's the outcome of this thread.

I had to get a new mount since the old one was only rated up to 70". The brackets were juuuuust too short for the new TV. Got the new bracket at visions as well since they discounted it for the same price as I was going to order off of Amazon($65).

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceod View Post
    Projector isn't going to happen until we move/build our "forever" house, which is minimum 5 years away. This set up is in the bonus room which has too much light from different areas of the house, so this TV will have to be good enough.

I'm going to continue to play around with the settings but feel like, it'll be good enough, for me anyways.

That picture doesn't do the size of the 82" justice at all. I was standing 16' - 16.5' away as that's where I'm generally watching from.

Of course as many have said throughout this thread, I'd still go bigger but cost vs size plays a huge factor with any option bigger than what I chose.

Awesome dog! And thanks for the advice

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Well... My plasma TV shit the bed. Will be reviewing the suggestions around here.

Does anyone know if I have a 65in wall mount if it can mount bigger sizes? I just can't remember for the life of me.
    If you don't need it to swivel and move around, just get a small piece of 3/4 plywood and make your own cleat. It's an elegant solution; mounts much closer to the wall than typical mounting brackets, and costs basically nothing. I've got a 50" mounted this way and my parents have a couple 70" mounted this way. It's fantastic.

My Ride
    M3P

This is a pretty good deal at $999:

https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-M65-F0-6...100409299.html
    I just bought this TV on the weekend - So far I love it. Haven't had a chance to watch anything in 4K yet.

My Netflix isn't HD and I have Gen 1 Xbox 1.

More upgrades in the future i guess
    Last edited by hurrdurr; 03-21-2019 at 10:59 AM. Reason: grammar

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

It's a great TV. Are there cool things I can do with it like upload custom 4K wallpaper files and have them appear?

I don't have 4k Netflix either since I'm too cheap to upgrade haha.

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    It's a great TV. Are there cool things I can do with it like upload custom 4K wallpaper files and have them appear?

I don't have 4k Netflix either since I'm too cheap to upgrade haha.
    my P65 received an update recently wherein I can now use my google home to turn it on and off. Google home does confuse volume level quite often though if you use "Hey google, turn it up" vs "Hey google, volume 5"

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Ah, maybe there's an app I can download on my Vizio that lets me do some wallpaper shit.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by jltabot View Post
    my P65 received an update recently wherein I can now use my google home to turn it on and off. Google home does confuse volume level quite often though if you use "Hey google, turn it up" vs "Hey google, volume 5"
    Better than Alexa and Harmony. Mrs. Penguin keeps saying "Alexa, turn up volume by 5", "OK" then "Alexa, tell Harmony to turn up voume by 5"
    TV volume is fine, then the next time Alexa speaks it scares the crap out of you.

Alexa set the volume to 11. Hehe.

Really though, they should do it by decibel. 1 though 10 volume is completely arbitrary on every stereo system.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

If you like slideshow wallpaper, Chromecast and Chromecast Ultra.

I'm pretty sure it keeps me sane during months like last Feb.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast