Quantcast
Does Size Matter (TV sizing) - Page 24 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 504

Thread: Does Size Matter (TV sizing)

  1. #461
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '04 E46 330ci ZHP
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    @rage2

    I'd love a 75" TV, but don't have the budget for a Sony 900F @ $4k. I found a retailer I could ship in a Vizio P75 for about $2,800 with shipping and duty all in. Slightly more than a Samsung NU8000 but has the features you have mentioned about the benefits of the Vizio, like full array and Dolby. Thoughts on that price?

    Biggest risk I see is trying to claim warranty issues buying from a US retailer.

  2. #462
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '10 CTS
    Posts
    426
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How are y'all transporting these 65"+ TV's without owning a truck?
    Everyone has a friend?
    I have no friends. Brother in law's company van delivered my 75.

    Took 3 weeks of black bin pickup to get rid of the styrofoam.

  3. #463
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    C63S
    Posts
    4,064
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Vizio PX75 now in stock at Costco ballers.

    $4,900 shipped.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  4. #464
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    20,833
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vizio PX75 now in stock at Costco ballers.

    $4,900 shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly, it'll be $3k for a PX65 as soon as it comes out. Add 60% for the PX75.
    Damn I was close. Off by $100!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  5. #465
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    C63S
    Posts
    4,064
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Haha I think we are actually very slightly cheaper than in US.

    $4900 is a damn hard pill to swallow though...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  6. #466
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,575
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    $5K for such a small screen is nuts IMHO. Price will come down soon as it always does, Costco will eventually put it on sale.

  7. #467
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    20,833
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    The 75" PX will drop to $3000-$3500 by May 2020. If I can get it for $3200 I'm a happy man. That puts it on the price low range for similar TV's at 75" (X900/950, Q90, etc).
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  8. #468
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    C63S
    Posts
    4,064
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Yea I’m in no rush. 3500 would be a great deal for that TV.

    Get me ready for project Scarlett fall 2020
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  9. #469
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    20,833
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Tomb Raider in 4K HDR on the PQ65 is already epic.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  10. #470
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    edmonton
    My Ride
    Ford
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    took a 10 year old sharp off the wall yesterday to paint the wall. Looks like the HDMI board is now toast.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

  11. #471
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    20,833
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    The 2019 PX review is out on rtings.

    https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vi...quantum-x-2019

    It's not that much brighter than the 2018 PQ's, even though Vizio rated it 50% brighter. In fact, the 2018's were brighter in some situations.

    Congratulations to every PQ owner that got it dirt cheap!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  12. #472
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    One from Affalterbach and Louisville
    Posts
    8,965
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 2019 PX review is out on rtings.

    https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vi...quantum-x-2019

    It's not that much brighter than the 2018 PQ's, even though Vizio rated it 50% brighter. In fact, the 2018's were brighter in some situations.

    Congratulations to every PQ owner that got it dirt cheap!
    Woohoo!

  13. #473
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgarian Living in Edmonton
    My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Q50S
    Posts
    6,126
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

    Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

  14. #474
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    YVR
    Posts
    4,946
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    ^cool. Thanks for posting that. Definitely learned something.

  15. #475
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,650
    Rep Power
    17

  16. #476
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stampede Central
    My Ride
    is easy to spot
    Posts
    1,733
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    And here I am buying peasant TV's...

    https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...25-ca/13185851

  17. #477
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,575
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And here I am buying peasant TV's...

    https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...25-ca/13185851
    Nothing wrong at all with a 'peasant' TV. Everything looks good if there is nothing beside it to compare to. The vast majority of people aren't getting full value out of their $3000++ TV's due to the environment they're used in anyway.

  18. #478
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    20,833
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The vast majority of people aren't getting full value out of their $3000++ TV's due to the environment they're used in anyway.
    It's hilarious how many avsforum'ers have these ridiculously expensive TV's with full on 4K HDR only to plug in their blu ray and a shitty movie in 1080p and bitch about SDE at 1ft viewing distance or similarly stupid.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  19. #479
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,575
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's hilarious how many avsforum'ers have these ridiculously expensive TV's with full on 4K HDR only to plug in their blu ray and a shitty movie in 1080p and bitch about SDE at 1ft viewing distance or similarly stupid.
    I think most people are using them like that. Or it's 2 feet down from the ceiling above a fireplace in a living room somewhere in the worst possible environment with a 20 foot viewing distance. Or, like you say, they buy the best then don't even feed them 4K/HDR content. I guess the average buyer is buying based off the best buy employee's recommendation which likely doesn't help the situation.

    Very few people are using these TVs in a dedicated theater environment at a proper viewing distance which is the only place you can realize the full value, and to continue sounding like a broken record, is also the environment where a projector would be better for most people anyway.

    The one thing the expensive TV's get you is really high brightness, which might be necessary for some rooms, but if your room is that bright you definitely aren't getting full value out of the TV.

    My favorite is when people take pictures of their TVs (or projector screens) and post on Avsforums to show things like sharpness, black levels, color accuracy, etc. and people are like "omg, ordering one now" - it literally tells us nothing.

  20. #480
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,575
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    P series Quantum 65% $1549 ($550 off) at Costco.ca right now and $1489 in store:

    https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-Quantum-...100494689.html

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lug Nuts - Does Hex Size Matter?

    By syscal in forum Wheel and Tire Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 09-20-2014, 06:50 PM
  2. How much does brand name matter when buying electronics?

    By Chim in forum Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 12-23-2004, 07:48 PM
  3. does weight matter in mustang dyno?

    By sml in forum Mechanical
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 06-26-2003, 09:43 PM
  4. how much does weight matter???

    By ME_VS_YOU in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 23
    Latest Threads: 09-09-2002, 03:16 PM
  5. does the brand of CAI matter?

    By TomTom in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 08-13-2002, 08:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •