Quantcast
The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The Matrix is alright in DV, my favorite DV demo movie is still Lucy. Great mix of high resolution to show off 4K details as it was filmed digitally, and a really good mix of neutral colors and heavy yet natural saturation.

For old movies, T2 4K HDR remastered is amazing for a movie from the early 90's. Feels like a current movie with how great it looked.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ford

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that spiraled out of control quickly!

The M65-F0 apparently went on sale in store at Costco for only $989+gst, with said sale ending today. Considering the 2 year concierge warranty from date of purchase for no charge, plus the 90 day return policy, plus this being the cheapest price a M65 has ever been (and well over $300 cheaper than a TCL 65 was going to cost me), it was a no brainer.

I don't think it will fit on my old TV stand Small side note, costco now has "christmas extended hours"
    stands look gross anyways. needs a wall mount.
    i am not in the market for a tv but i notice costco has an Vizio E80-E3 80-in. that is not listed on vizios website. it only goes up to 75" on there.
    Last edited by blairtruck; 11-12-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

The only problem with the wall mount is the TV would partially block a window, which doesn't bother me as the blinds on it are always shut. Don't get me wrong, I really want a telescoping wall mount. But I also don't have a utility room or any hidden passageways to run cables, so cables would just be hanging down the wall and running to my consoles/htpc/players. I'm only in my current living situation for another 6-12 months at most. So I'll just pick up something cheap that can hold the TV up for now.

E80-E3 is $3200 on costco.ca . Cheaper at BestBuy for $3k, but none in stock. Looks like any other 80" would be $4k plus, cnet gives the 80 a solid 7. I won't have the space for an 80 for another couples years until I upgrade houses #notabeyondballer

Thanks for the suggestions Rage on movies, I'll have to look at getting Lucy and T2. I've been searching all day to see if I could get dolby vision to work with ripping, but the requirements to run it through a PC are absurd:

1.) A motherboard with SGX support
    2.) A processor with SGX
    3.) HDCP 2.2 on your intel board
    4.) A UHD Bluray Drive
    5.) Software that supports UHD
    I still have the old overclock king I5 4670k, not skylake processor here.. Looks like I need to watch and see if that Sony UBPX700 goes on sale on BF or CM...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Just a note, I picked up my Samsung 82" NU8000 for $3300. 80" TV's can be had for good money if you're patient.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

If you just want a decent, huge TV from a major brand, you can get 70-75" TV's for $1200ish pretty regularly. I used to sit about 7ft away from 74" and even with 1080P it was completely fine. You will rarely regret getting a bigger TV as long as it fits.

55" 4K HDR Smart TV's from major brands are often around $499. 55" LG 4K OLEDs are sometimes under $1000. TV's are so cheap now.

Unless it's going in a dedicated theater environment, there is little to gain by buying the really high end TV's IMHO, unless you need it for aesthetics or something else. All the best TV's in the 65"+ range are $3000++ and to get the most out of them they need a good calibration and a proper viewing environment.

With Black Friday less than 2 weeks away, I would not be buying a TV right now.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

I have a 2016 M65 and its a gorgeous set. I recommend Vizio to all of my friends for sure. They had some hiccups early on, with the built in software and with the wifi, as well as the tablet remote, but they very aggressively patched all of that, sent new remotes, and changed the entire experience on the TV so its been flawless since. I wish I would have gone bigger, but for the cost at the time this was good.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Just a note, I picked up my Samsung 82" NU8000 for $3300. 80" TV's can be had for good money if you're patient.
    So like black Friday or xmas deals?

Quote Originally Posted by bruceod View Post
    Those are obviously 2 of the big ones but TV's go on sale ALL the time for dirt cheap. You just need to be paying attention to the major stores and online retailers, which can take some effort unless you are actively shopping.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Those are obviously 2 of the big ones but TV's go on sale ALL the time for dirt cheap. You just need to be paying attention to the major stores and online retailers, which can take some effort unless you are actively shopping.
    This. It's completely random. My guess based on inventory level and age.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    I will definitely go to rtings.com and copy one of their calibrations

Then, apparently The Matrix is available in dolby vision 4k, so I guess my decision for first movie has been made!

Oh f&$k me, I figured I'd be able to fully rip UHD bluray now, no

Looks like I'll have to go pickup a Sony UBPX700, only another $300 Just can't win! I'm hoping its worth it, can't wait to get the whole experience with good AV equipment.
    https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product.../12399782.aspx

Quick and dirty.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I don't doubt it. I just have zero use for a TV that big I'll keep this in mind for my parents though, they are looking to go up from their 70" Sharp Aquos.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceod View Post
    BF and CM deals rarely are any better nowadays then the deals you get throughout the rest of the year. Hence why I jumped on the M65, it was in stock and hasn't been discontinued, and it's the lowest price its ever been. No other 65" TV comes close in terms of picture quality (according to reviews anyways) for under $1k in a 65" size. If it does magically go lower, just price match. Win-win.

My Ride
    Has wheels

I currently have a 70" Samsung, can't remember the model number, I'll look when I'm home. It's not super old but it isn't 4k either. Clearly I don't need a new TV but if the right deal came for a 80"+ I'd be open to it.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

i bought a sony 70" 4K a couple months ago... Pretty happy with it so far, wouldn't wanna go any smaller.. haha

We just bought a house and prior to moving I want to pick up a new tv.. Can't decide between 65" or larger..

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    We just bought a house and prior to moving I want to pick up a new tv.. Can't decide between 65" or larger..
    Always go larger - you will never regret it unless you physically cannot fit it in the room or it is otherwise a giant eyesore. Size > Quality too (within reason of course) unless it's going into a dedicated, light controlled viewing environment.

And if it's a dedicated theater room, consider a projector for better IQ and any screen size you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Always go larger - you will never regret it unless you physically cannot fit it in the room or it is otherwise a giant eyesore. Size > Quality too (within reason of course) unless it's going into a dedicated, light controlled viewing environment.

And if it's a dedicated theater room, consider a projector for better IQ and any screen size you want.
    Yah this is for the bonus room. Already have theatre room aspirations for the basement.

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

What do you guys think of this deal
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/LG-OLED65C8P...374%3AFeatured
    Do you understand the words that are coming out of your mouth?

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by afrotl View Post
    What do you guys think of this deal
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/LG-OLED65C8P...374%3AFeatured
    That is the same price that it is locally. Buy locally and get a warranty.

But decent deal, this TV actually hit $2299 for a really short time according to the redflagdeals thread on this TV
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
    That is the same price that it is locally. Buy locally and get a warranty.

But decent deal, this TV actually hit $2299 for a really short time according to the redflagdeals thread on this TV
    Ok thanks I will keep an eye out for a local sale.
    Do you understand the words that are coming out of your mouth?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

UN65NU8000FXZC

This Samsung has apparently gone on sale and been discounted quite a bit. Lowest price it's ever been, $1499, some local electronics stores have it as does Amazon prime. Just a headsup for people. On Amazon its previous low was $1700 a month ago, first became available at $2100 in June.

Edit-
    Leon's has the 75" on sale as well for $2499, which appears to be a pretty good price.

Last edited by HiTempguy1; 11-15-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast