Quantcast
The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread - Page 43 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 43 of 87 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread

My Ride
    VAG products

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw the TV in Deerfoot Meadows. I don't know if they price match online because they usually bake in $100 of delivery costs in there. You could do the old buy/return Costco carousel.
    You could be right, but if we get denied for the adjustment, I kept the box and will do the dance lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    I saw the TV in Deerfoot Meadows. I don't know if they price match online because they usually bake in $100 of delivery costs in there. You could do the old buy/return Costco carousel.
    No need to buy and return. Costco will credit the difference by just calling them.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Sigh.....I want a 65" but can't fit it in my sedan.....probably fit 55"
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by pf0sh0 View Post
    You could be right, but if we get denied for the adjustment, I kept the box and will do the dance lol
    2 receipts, 1 TV from the floor. May or may not be a floor staff approved technique. But ya. Calling in works better if they let you do it.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 06-30-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

edit: fucked up, American site. Ignore.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    I'm surprised that the Q50S could even fit either of them.

Call a buddy with a truck haha.

My Ride
    E90

looking to pick up a 65" tv for the living room, will be used for all purposes (netflix, movies, sports), other than gaming. Is this sony from Costco the most ideal and reasonably priced. Budget is ~$1,500
    anyone know of Alberta availability?

Quote Originally Posted by civicHB View Post
    looking to pick up a 65" tv for the living room, will be used for all purposes (netflix, movies, sports), other than gaming. Is this sony from Costco the most ideal and reasonably priced. Budget is ~$1,500
    anyone know of Alberta availability?
    I'd say that's one of the best deals at the moment. Reviews are pretty good:
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900f

If i was looking within that budget i'd grab it for sure.

My Ride
    E90

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    I'd say that's one of the best deals at the moment. Reviews are pretty good:
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900f

If i was looking within that budget i'd grab it for sure.
    looks to be out of stock online..will go check out in store. wish me luck

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    Strap er to the roof.
    Good to go

My Ride
    VAG products

deerfoot meadows had a bunch on sunday.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Awesome, thanks to this thread I'm likely going to pick up a couple of these 65" X900F's. I don't need them until the end of the month, so hopefully they still have them in stock by then.

Or if a better offer for 65" TVs pop up...

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Awesome, thanks to this thread I'm likely going to pick up a couple of these 65" X900F's. I don't need them until the end of the month, so hopefully they still have them in stock by then.

Or if a better offer for 65" TVs pop up...
    I'd imagine they are just clearing them out of their warehouses. The F's are 2018 models so dont think they would still be producing them as Sony is now onto the H lineup 2020 models so if need, buy now local.

***Back in stock online if you wanna buy. Shows 88 are availible
    Last edited by dj_rice; 07-03-2020 at 09:50 AM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    VAG products

Got the price adjustment online. Wooo!

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Not a tv but a projector question. I have a older epson 1080p projector that I want to upgrade, priority is gaming. I found the Optoma uhd30 and Optoma uhd50x anyone know if I’ll be ok with the 30?? Seems like the 50x has screen shift and and optical zoom lens. It’s $600 more.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

What kind of adjustments do you have on the current projector that you are using?
    How is your projector shooting? Ceiling mount or off a shelf? How much flexibility do you have to move around?
    Also check to compare throw distance/size to see if it'll be good in the same spot.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I have the screen shift horizontal and vertical. I don’t even know what a optical zoom does.

It is ceiling mounted I think 13-15’ from screen and it’s 104” right now. I’m going to build a new screen with better material. I can do anything as far as moving the projector just need to make sure to get the 4k hdmi cable to it.

From what I can tell I don’t need the 50x, unless someone knows more than I can find out.

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Not a tv but a projector question. I have a older epson 1080p projector that I want to upgrade, priority is gaming. I found the Optoma uhd30 and Optoma uhd50x anyone know if I’ll be ok with the 30?? Seems like the 50x has screen shift and and optical zoom lens. It’s $600 more.
    Grab an Epson 4010/4050. Very similar input lag (around 30ms) and a much better unit with dramatically better post-purchase support should something go wrong. If your Optoma breaks (they are not known for their reliability) you have to ship it to California every time. My dealer won't even sell them he's had so many issues with them and their support is awful even if you're a dealer. There's simply nothing that can touch the newer Epsons (looking at the complete package) in that price range on the market right now and you can often find them for the same price as a UHD30. If your Epson breaks, they next-day ship you a new one no questions asked. If it keeps breaking, they ship you a model-up. They are also so flexible you are pretty well guaranteed to not have issues with placement.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-06-2020 at 03:11 PM.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Nice I will look, my epson has been great no complaints with it. I think it’s home cinema lite 8345.
    No concerns comparing the lumens and contrast ratio?? The Optoma has better numbers, input lag isn’t a huge deal as I don’t play shooters and typically don’t play online. My goal is to keep it under $2000, unless a OLED 65” gets near that range. I kinda want both. Thanks for the tips

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Nice I will look, my epson has been great no complaints with it. I think it’s home cinema lite 8345.
    No concerns comparing the lumens and contrast ratio?? The Optoma has better numbers, input lag isn’t a huge deal as I don’t play shooters and typically don’t play online. My goal is to keep it under $2000, unless a OLED 65” gets near that range. I kinda want both. Thanks for the tips
    Generally speaking, you don't want to use a projector in it's brightest mode that is pretty much only used for advertising maximum lumens. What matters is the lumens it puts out when calibrated, or when used how you will use it. For example, an Epson 5040UB measures a full 1,000 lumens above what Epsons says, so it's difficult for a customer to simply look at manufacturer advertised lumens and know what they're getting. With projectors having a global light source, max brightness also means the worst contrast, so typically people do not use them in those modes unless maybe for watching a football game in the middle of the day or something where image quality is lowest priority and you can't control the ambient light. The other reason you probably won't want to use it in its brightest mode is noise - especially if it's right above your head. On the projector forums, some people are complaining about buzzing noises coming from their UHD30s and it seems to be failing color wheels rather than fan noise. Every projector has their issues though.

The UHD30 is too new so none of the trustworthy reviewers have had their hands on it yet (that I can see) to get an accurate lumen chart. If it can do 3,500 under normal viewing conditions I will be very surprised.

As for contrast ratio, you will typically only notice differences there if you are in a bat-cave. If you have a normal room with normal walls and everything isn't lined in black velvet, you won't be seeing the maximum contrast on any projector regardless.

If you're still considering the UHD30, don't buy one unless you can demo it - DLPs use a color wheel and some people are sensitive to the rainbow effect, and if that's the case you won't even be able to watch it. LCD projectors (like the Epsons) do not have this problem for those that are effected by it.

The reason why the Epsons are so good is they offer a bunch of features you usually have to pay closer to $10K to get. You get an all-glass lens made by Fuji in Japan, extremely generous vertical and horizontal motorized lens shift, motorized lens focus, motorized lens zoom, and a motorized dust cover on the lens. With their processing technology and the quality of the lenses they use, they look objectively sharper than some entry level native 4K projectors costing 4 times the price. The UHD30 does not even have lens shift period, which is pretty terrible IMHO. That means installing it will be a nightmare and you will have to physically move the entire projector to square it up with your screen.

Projectors (and TV's) in general are fairly unreliable, so in my opinion it's important to buy from a company that can immediately remedy the situation rather than having to ship it out of country for warranty work (2-4 weeks downtime usually) that they may or may not say is your fault (or from shipping damage, creating a whole other headache).

The Epson 4010 and 4050 are the same projector, the 4050 is the "custom install" version so it's black, comes with a cable cover, extra lamp, $250 USD Chief Mount, and a longer warranty for a very reasonable price premium. If you don't need any of that, then you would just get a 4010 which is cheaper. 4010's can be had for under $2000 for sure depending on sales and Costco carries them.

At the end of the day with Epson you are getting good value and by far the best post-purchase support in the industry. I have even seen them replace projectors out of warranty for people. That is perhaps the biggest thing you will be giving up if you go with Optoma because no matter what you buy, you are probably going to be blown away by the picture if you are replacing a fairly old 1080P unit.

I own an Epson 6050UB if you want to see it in person and get some more projector education just shoot me a PM. The picture will be (almost) identical to a 4010/4050 as they are pretty much the same projector save for the proprietary coating they use in the light path to get the "UB" (ultra-black) designation.

The best advice I can give is don't buy anything without demoing it first, especially if you don't know if you are sensitive to the rainbow effect that DLPs create. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks, it just has to look good to you.

If you do end up buying a TV instead, I wouldn't get an OLED if this is primarily for games - your HUDs, life bars, etc. will probably eventually burn into the screen and they can't get nearly as bright as good full-array back-lit LCD TV.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-06-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Page 43 of 87 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 ... LastLast