Quantcast
The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread - Page 69 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1736

Thread: The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread

Amazon Canada released their HDTV's. Not great prices, and since their tablets use a 32-bit crippled version of Android (assuming they use something similar for the HDTV) - I'd say try to avoid unless the price really drops.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 94CoRd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rage's 900H bashing a few pages ago did have me second guessing the purchase. The 950 was out of my price range for a 75", and I was hesitant on a comparable TCL model for the fact I didn't want to mount and setup the TV more than once if there were any panel quality issues. I felt like I had a better chance of setting it and forgetting it with the Sony, and it also lined up nicer with my in wall cable management. 6 months in, no complaints and a few compliments from friends / family.
    Yea sorry about that. Figured I would've clarified. I'm a sucker for visuals, so my advice is more for idiots like me than the average consumer. Like I mentioned before, even the cheapest TV will blow most people away these days.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    WK2

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Yea sorry about that. Figured I would've clarified. I'm a sucker for visuals, so my advice is more for idiots like me than the average consumer. Like I mentioned before, even the cheapest TV will blow most people away these days.
    It just made me want a 950 even more, just couldn't justify the price. I remember the big hype of the 900 being the HDMI 2.1, but that was never a requirement for me.

Smaller basement setup with no direct sunlight, and the 900H works well. Let me know if you ever sell your 950, Rage

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

X95's or OLEDs, but still not perfect. The holy grail will be MicroLED maybe in a few years?

X95 is probably the closest today to consistently delivering the ultimate picture quality, with blooming being its weakness. Samsung QN90 is up there as well, probably even better visuals than the X95, but lack of dolby vision support can't leverage the TV's abilities. LG OLEDs deliver color and vibrancy the best, but can't come close in HDR highlights.
    So your a no go on those TCLs with the mini-LEDS QLEDS? I was really set on grabbing one of those but after hearing all the issues of the panel lottery (dead LEDS on new tvs) I opted to grab better brand name
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    So your a no go on those TCLs with the mini-LEDS QLEDS? I was really set on grabbing one of those but after hearing all the issues of the panel lottery (dead LEDS on new tvs) I opted to grab better brand name
    I wasn’t blown away by it when I saw it in person.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Any good BF deals on a 75"? Looking from an entry-mid level, nothing super fancy. TV will be in the basement with very controlled lighting.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Any good BF deals on a 75"? Looking from an entry-mid level, nothing super fancy. TV will be in the basement with very controlled lighting.
    TCL 4 and 5 series was on sale this morning but price seemed to revert back to normal now.

LG 86" seems to have the most off MSRP at around $2100-$2300 for a entry level panel. Hisense is the only one have a sub $1K price for a 75".

Unless you go into the weeds with brands like RCA and Skyworth, I'm sure Walmart has a bunch of RCA for dirt cheap.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-18-2021 at 04:32 PM.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Fair, seems to be a pretty steep dropoff in quality under the ~$1500 mark so I went with the X90J. I don't game much so the lack of VRR shouldn't be an issue.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Finally got around to setting mine up. Installing it solo is a bit tough and having to lift it up onto a fireplace mantle was a task, with a injured arm (tennis elbow) but luckily TVs are light as heck these days. But man the size difference from 42 to 65 is overwhelming hahaha. It barely fit onto my mantle.

Now someone recommend a decent budget sound bar, Sonos Arc is out of my budget.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

As for TCL 4 series (434): Built in processor is not strong enough to decode 4K Youtube. HDR is not very accurate on PS4, but still a huge difference compared to none at all.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    Finally got around to setting mine up. Installing it solo is a bit tough and having to lift it up onto a fireplace mantle was a task, with a injured arm (tennis elbow) but luckily TVs are light as heck these days. But man the size difference from 42 to 65 is overwhelming hahaha. It barely fit onto my mantle.

Now someone recommend a decent budget sound bar, Sonos Arc is out of my budget.
    I ordered this one:
    https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...oofer/12399782

Not sure if it’s the best value but there was a refurbished unit for $600 so gave it a shot.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

I just got the LG
    https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...oofer/15387895
    one of the few in that price range that has room calibration and the highest rated on rtings.
    The HT-Z9F sounded slightly better but the subwoofer included sucked.

Posting only to say I've posted on the 69th page of this thread.

"Nice!"

My Ride
    Canyonero

Snagged a 55" Samsung Frame on a refurb deal for $8xx. High wife acceptance factor; low beyond epeen length. Such is married life.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by prae View Post
    Snagged a 55" Samsung Frame on a refurb deal for $8xx. High wife acceptance factor; low beyond epeen length. Such is married life.
    link?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Posting only to say I've posted on the 69th page of this thread.

"Nice!"
    Clearly you’re a noob if you’re not on the 80 posts per page setting.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Fair, seems to be a pretty steep dropoff in quality under the ~$1500 mark so I went with the X90J. I don't game much so the lack of VRR shouldn't be an issue.
    Where from?
    Ultracrepidarian

Clearly you’re a noob if you’re not on the 80 posts per page setting.
    God damn 08 noobs.

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

I am having second thoughts on the x90j. Was looking at the 65U68G and seems to be a pretty close match to the x90j but is $500 cheaper and has VRR which should match up well with the Xbox Series X that will be hooked to the TV full time. I am a bit worried about the viewing angles for the Hisense as the couch in my basement is not very far away from the wall that the tv will be on.

The price difference basically pays for the sound bar which is a major plus for the Hisense.

Any thoughts? Keep the sony or swap it out?

My Ride
    Canyonero

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    link?
    'twas a one-off via a third party seller on bestbuy's website. I was looking around for BF prices and spotted it. I'd recommend regularly checking the page if you're a gamblin' man like myself.

Perhaps stocktrack.ca could help here? I'm not sure if it supports third party sellers. Using keepa or camelcamelcamel on amazon.ca might also be a helpful way to spot a refurb/warehouse deal if it comes up.

Package is supposed to deliver today so we'll find out soon whether i just wasted $$$ or got an okay deal on a lightly-cosmetically-damaged TV. Will report back.

Here's an open box example: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...n-box/15644472 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (sold out rn but the fact that the listing is still up seems to imply another might pop up).
    Last edited by prae; 11-23-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast