The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread - Page 85 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 75 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1793

Thread: The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still don't get why rtings always over exaggerate their descriptions of OLED. I guess their reviewers value blooming and perfect image over real world brightness and usability. Or they live in caves.
    I don't think people actually watch TVs or movies. Everyone is a "reviewer" / "critic" / "expert".

My X95K is awesome. Sure it blooms, but IDAF as I am watching the movie and not paying attention to the blooming around the subtitles.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I have a G2 and absolutely love it. I think the complaints about brightness in the daytime are overblown, though the G-series panels have a higher brightness than the C-series ones so it could also be people having poor experiences with the cheaper TVs.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

All this talk about brightness, are TVs in direct sunlight or something? The only issue I have with my 12 year old plasma is when the evening sun is directly on it and then just close the blinds. Are you wanting your burn your retinas with max brightness?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Yes, I want headlights on the screen to perform as well as real headlights shining light on my back wall / retinas.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    All this talk about brightness, are TVs in direct sunlight or something? The only issue I have with my 12 year old plasma is when the evening sun is directly on it and then just close the blinds. Are you wanting your burn your retinas with max brightness?
    How else do you feel the explosions on screen?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Name:  230723-bomb-oppenheimer-tease_gxribx.jpeg
Views: 433
Size:  59.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Pizza preferences are more polarizing than politics.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I have a G2 and absolutely love it. I think the complaints about brightness in the daytime are overblown, though the G-series panels have a higher brightness than the C-series ones so it could also be people having poor experiences with the cheaper TVs.
    Just depends on the room. It's not just peak brightness issues, it's the fact that bright scenes kick in the brightness limiter and drops it down 60% in brightness where it's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Name:  IMG_0649.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  213.5 KB

This is my ~500 nits TV. No direct sunlight, just in a generally bright room with reflection of sun on the back wall. I'm sure my choice of light neutral colors for the walls doesn't help as it brightens up the room quite a bit. Notice the colors washed out throughout, as well as zero details left in the bright areas from the back wall reflection? We have to close the shades throughout for TV during the day to remove the reflections on the wall. Basically need full light control so there's no direct sunlight anywhere in the room. Even then the image is bland. A brighter TV (1000 nits+) fixes that. 500 nits is roughly what the top end brightest LG G3 OLED delivers, and that's in optimal conditions. In the worst case when ABL kicks in, it drops as low as 200 nits.

What I want at some point is a TV that's so bright that nothing stops it. Kinda like the outdoor screens in Vegas, Time Square, Piccadilly Circus, you get the idea. Only the Samsung Terrace fits that bill today (1600 nits SDR in the worst brightest scenes IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Yes, I want headlights on the screen to perform as well as real headlights shining light on my back wall / retinas.
    Yea, it really adds to the experience for HDR movies. One of those you'll be sold once you see it. It's unfortunate that OLED is so bad at it for the really bright scenes. Night scene with fireworks, it'll pop hard and be pretty bright. Massive explosion? Grey for days lol. This is why you see a fuck ton of demo scenes for OLEDs with dark and small bright details. That's where it absolutely excels and crushes other TVs.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Better non-reflective coatings + retina burning nits is what Rage requires.

Also, thumbs-up for the impeccable xbox controller OCD organization. But thumbs-down for the rest of it LOL
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Toyota’s

My X95K in a very sunny south facing condo is so much easier to look at that my TV in a dark room at the farm (X900H I think). Day or night, my eyes strain significantly less and turning off the lights to watch a movie feels more like an option than a requirement. I don't even wear my glasses to watch on this thing.

So idk, but proper brightness definitely improved my overall experience.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Here’s an even brighter tv than mine. 600 nits but ridiculously bright house I’m at right now. Shades all closed too just unfortunate window direction.

Name:  IMG_0653.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  212.8 KB

At some point I gotta just give up and get the 95x for the living room. I just want to wait for a microled haha.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    V8s

Idk how many nits my frame is, but I do know that the matte finish screen they have is exceptional at cutting glare. It’s like no other tv I’ve owned, and 100% recommend one for bright rooms.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    Idk how many nits my frame is, but I do know that the matte finish screen they have is exceptional at cutting glare. It’s like no other tv I’ve owned, and 100% recommend one for bright rooms.
    Yea that’s one part of it. Image is still washed out compared to night. A bright tv doesn’t even care if it’s reflective or not.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post

At some point I gotta just give up and get the 95x for the living room. I just want to wait for a microled haha.
    https://forums.redflagdeals.com/lond...-1499-2651750/

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Damn, nearly had myself convinced to buy a Hisense U8 or U7, but then realized I need a wide viewing angle, because this spot we often sit pretty far off-centre. Fack, back to the drawing board.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Pizza preferences are more polarizing than politics.

My Ride
    Z

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Ordered, thanks! Hell of a deal
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    This and that.

Didn't want to make a new thread so will just post here.

Our 3 yr old Samsung TV randomly started doing this shit the other day. No damage or wasn't dropped or anything. I am wondering if anyone knows WTF this is and if it's even fixable. I rather not waste my time contacting service companies (no warranty) and what not if it's not going to be fixed and I need to buy a new TV.

Ironically, just moved this TV to the bedroom, having bought a new bigger Neo QLED TV for the other room this was in initially and the TV the bedroom had previously is a 11 yr old Samsung that still works just fine. Gave that to my FIL and he loves it lol.

So annoying.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    3 yr old Samsung TV
    Well I think that about sums it up.

Sounds like you are Boxing Day shopping.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    This and that.

Wow 3 yrs is considered a lot these days for TV? IN that case should have bought 5 yr warranty from Visions for the other TV that normally cost 5k.

My prior Samsung at 11 yrs old is still going strong so that was the expected standard I thought.

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Wow 3 yrs is considered a lot these days for TV? IN that case should have bought 5 yr warranty from Visions for the other TV that normally cost 5k.

My prior Samsung at 11 yrs old is still going strong so that was the expected standard I thought.
    I don't think 3 Years that old for a modem TV.
    I assume you followed some or all of these steps?
    https://www.lifewire.com/fix-vertica...ung-tv-5214341

My Ride
    This and that.

I haven't tried any of that. I guess will give it a go tonight when at home.

When wife showed it to me the other day, my first reaction was we need a new TV and she's like no you don't look into it and see if it can be fixed. lol.

Didn't think there would be any DIY way I could fix something like that so I didn't bother researching. Did contact Samsung and they said since no warranty contact our authorized repair shop in Edmonton. They told me to fuckin email them pics, which I haven't heard back anything on in 2 days. So figured if someone here knows whether the issue is even fixable or the TV is a goner, may save me some time. Haha.

Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 75 84 85 86 ... LastLast