The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread - Page 90 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 80 89 90
Results 1,781 to 1,793 of 1793

Thread: The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea the 88n is huge bang for the buck. Basically the modern day Vizio p quantum.

Speaking of Vizio, the pq is what 8 years old now? Crazy how shitty it looks today. It may still be bright as fuck, but the blooming and color vibrancy is basically entry level tv. Need to upgrade that thing.
    We’ve got a Vizio m65 in the basement and it’s a steaming pile of shit now . Not just the pq, but it also just randomly crashes and shuts off. Or the pic will disappear and sound will persist for 30s before the full shutdown. Or sometimes it will turn on and give us an unresponsive black screen for a few mins.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Where from?
    I'm going to need a nice big TV to fill the space at the new house.
    Probably between Costco or Visions, hoping for some early Black Friday sales by then. Visions sells the Panasonic BluRay player I want, maybe a deal could be had going that route.

It's wild my Panasonic plasma is still going strong after 13 years. So awesome for movies but a little small by today's standards.
    Last edited by msommers; 09-08-2024 at 08:28 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Yea the 88n is huge bang for the buck. Basically the modern day Vizio p quantum.

Speaking of Vizio, the pq is what 8 years old now? Crazy how shitty it looks today. It may still be bright as fuck, but the blooming and color vibrancy is basically entry level tv. Need to upgrade that thing.
    @rage2 if selling it will help you get moving on an upgrade, I need a bright TV that i'm not willing to pay the new price on =)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Buying any tv over 5 years old is playing with fire imo

Electronics always go eventually
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea, I’m handing it down to the kids rooms.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Probably between Costco or Visions, hoping for some early Black Friday sales by then. Visions sells the Panasonic BluRay player I want, maybe a deal could be had going that route.

It's wild my Panasonic plasma is still going strong after 13 years. So awesome for movies but a little small by today's standards.

All of my old TVs outlasted the new ones. Also has a 15 year old Panasonic plasma I gave away when i moved, as good as the day it was bought.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Our M65 and E70 Vizio's are still going strong 6-7 years later. The E70 does randomly shut off for 5-10 seconds every few weeks (figured it was a shaw issue) and then comes back on.

The M65 gets a pile of use, the E70 not so much.

Waiting for a TV to die so I can upgrade the basement to a 85" and shuffle TV's around. Have wall mounts for all of them, so likely just need to get them mounted to the walls then they're guaranteed to break.

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    All of my old TVs outlasted the new ones. Also has a 15 year old Panasonic plasma I gave away when i moved, as good as the day it was bought.
    This. I had a ~20 year old Sony that I finally just recycled at the dump which still worked 100% fine.

I mean none of that should surprise very many people.
    We live in the age of "consumer recurring revenue".

Nothing is made to last, and its made to be thrown out in a few years and replaced for the next.

Its a planned obsolescence by the big co's that we all are victims of.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Perhaps NA will adopt something like the Europeans have, which is essentially a 'right to repair' for a reasonable price instead of the obvious choice being to just buy a new item.

Getting off track here but if environmentalists really want to change something, this should be at the top of their list. For example, it makes no sense to throw out a whole furnace because it's almost as expensive to repair it as it is to buy a new one with a warranty. Any major appliance and large electronic device should be reasonably repairable to keep it out of the landfill. I can't imagine the state of electronics recycling is particularly effective.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I'd still be rockin' the 45" plasma that I got used for $50 had the wife not chucked a Wiimote at it, I do like the replacement she ordered within minutes though. If anyone else with a Wii wants an upgraded TV just invite us over.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Perhaps NA will adopt something like the Europeans have, which is essentially a 'right to repair' for a reasonable price instead of the obvious choice being to just buy a new item.

Getting off track here but if environmentalists really want to change something, this should be at the top of their list. For example, it makes no sense to throw out a whole furnace because it's almost as expensive to repair it as it is to buy a new one with a warranty. Any major appliance and large electronic device should be reasonably repairable to keep it out of the landfill. I can't imagine the state of electronics recycling is particularly effective.
    I have bought around 16 TVs since mid 90s. Only 2 died prematurely. A Samsung Plasma and a Panasonic Rear Projection.

Everything else is still going strong (and in hindsight, I should have kept the CRTs after seeing how much retrogaming folks pays for them today).

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Yeah our Samsung plasma is the only TV we had that died an early (~4 yrs) death. The Panasonic plasma we replaced it with is still going strong (knock on wood) and is the most-used set in the house.

Why go 85 inch when you can go cheap 98 inch?

Personally 75 inch Hisense would be my choice for quality to size, but for some - size is king.
    DXY 100

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 80 89 90