Quantcast
The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread - Page 59 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 59 of 87 FirstFirst ... 49 58 59 60 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1732

Thread: The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sportsnet has been producing NHL games in true 4k since 2016. To my knowledge NHL and NBA are essentially the only sports captured in 4K. NFL “4K” is upscaled.

Usually it’s just the leafs but I think most rinks have the 4K cameras now, Wednesday flames games usually get the 4K channel.

I could see how 1080 feeds would look pretty similar if you are watching on a projector.
    All the World Juniors games were in 4K, really not that big of an improvement in image quality for it to be noticeable during play but it was really noticeable in between plays. The biggest benefit was 60fps, and that is available on NHL app already (1080p60).

Sportsnet may have games on their 4k channel but I don't think they have broadcast a single non-leafs game in 4k. Sportsnet has nothing in 4K for the next 2 weeks on their 4K channels.

TSN4K channel is nice as it lets you know when the next true 4K broadcast is (Raptors games on 1/16 and 1/22 iirc).
    ---

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    Best part of the Telus 4K PVR is not 4K itself, but that the whole system feels so much quicker. I assume it is because it has a beefier processor to handle 4K.

I was watching via NHL app on Apple TV 4K and also noticed the feed for the Tampa Bay game on opening night looked like shit, almost somewhere in between 480 and 720P.
    Ya it was weird because that game looked good on my side. The flames game was brutal, dropping down to 320p at times haha. I think it was a source issue because the knights game was perfect side by side.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '05 Wrx stage 2

Looking again tonight it doesn't seem as bad as the flames game from last night. I'm noticing there's only one sportsnet channel that shows 4k on it, so it probably wasn't even on the 4k feed. If an app like gamecenter provides a consistently better quality it might be something worth looking into.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by cherpintow View Post
    Looking again tonight it doesn't seem as bad as the flames game from last night. I'm noticing there's only one sportsnet channel that shows 4k on it, so it probably wasn't even on the 4k feed. If an app like gamecenter provides a consistently better quality it might be something worth looking into.
    There’s no 4K feed from the flames. The nhl package won’t work for flames games unless you’re on a vpn due to blackouts. It does work great behind a vpn, the ability to watch multiple games is awesome.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    Best part of the Telus 4K PVR is not 4K itself, but that the whole system feels so much quicker. I assume it is because it has a beefier processor to handle 4K.
    Yeah up until a few weeks ago, I was using the regular HD PVR and finally upgraded to the 4K PVR not for 4K but just cause it's so much quicker. The old one was frustratingly slow and there was a noticeable lag from when you pressed any buttons until there was a response from the device.

My Ride
    Silverado

Maybe I haven't seen the new telus box, but Bluecurve is the best experience I've had. I barely even use the guide anymore, just tell it what to do.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    There’s no 4K feed from the flames. The nhl package won’t work for flames games unless you’re on a vpn due to blackouts. It does work great behind a vpn, the ability to watch multiple games is awesome.
    Tonight’s Flames game is on the 4K schedule, unless you are saying they don’t use 4K Cameras in Calgary which I can find evidence of... anywhere.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Anyone have a Hisense Q series on here?

I need a budget TV for the kids area in my basement - Gonna be used for Netflix/Disney+ & Xbox S/Switch - Nothing terribly fancy. Have my eye on the 65Q7G - It's big brother the 8G gets the nod for best budget TV on Rtings and the only thing missing from the 7G is Wide Colour Gamut.

Thoughts?
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly Boy View Post

I need a budget TV for the kids area in my basement - Gonna be used for Netflix/Disney+ & Xbox S/Switch - Nothing terribly fancy. Have my eye on the 65Q7G - It's big brother the 8G gets the nod for best budget TV on Rtings and the only thing missing from the 7G is Wide Colour Gamut.

Thoughts?
    I have the H8F and the only real complaint with it is that it's not great at motion handling. Mostly fixed after tinkering with the settings but I think I read that the G series tv's have that more or less fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    I have the H8F and the only real complaint with it is that it's not great at motion handling. Mostly fixed after tinkering with the settings but I think I read that the G series tv's have that more or less fixed now.
    That sounds pretty good. Yeah I couldn't find much for faults honestly. Costco has the 7G on sale right now for $800 (ending today though), so gonna keep my eye on it for a clearance/Superb Owl sale next month.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    95B

Setting up a workout space in the Basement.
    I will be using the Peloton App for the Spin Bike (Not a Peloton Bike). I am thinking of putting a TV on the wall with a Apple TV and using the two of the Mini Home Pods for the Audio.
    I am thinking of getting Samsung QN55Q70T. Is this a over kill? Should I go with the UN55TU8000 ?
    Also the other question I have is Whether Mini Home pod is the way to go Or should I go with Sonos Beam. I like the idea of Home Pod because it can be easily Hidden.
    Any feed back will be much appreciated.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Sonos beam is way louder than 2 minis. It’s comparable to 2 homepods but that route is stupid expensive. I tried all 3 setups over the holidays and ended up with the beam. You can also expand rear speakers with the beam. The HomePod has atmos support but it’s terrible. Also, one of the major drawbacks of using homepods is that it only works if you use Apple TV. If you decide to have say an Xbox there later, you only get sound from tv speakers.

I’m assuming volume is a must for you if you’re riding a peleton.

As for tv choice for peleton use, just get one bright enough for the environment. Everything else is overkill. Assuming you won’t be using the tv for anything else.

My Ride
    95B

Sonos beam is way louder than 2 minis. It’s comparable to 2 homepods but that route is stupid expensive. I tried all 3 setups over the holidays and ended up with the beam. You can also expand rear speakers with the beam. The HomePod has atmos support but it’s terrible. Also, one of the major drawbacks of using homepods is that it only works if you use Apple TV. If you decide to have say an Xbox there later, you only get sound from tv speakers.

I’m assuming volume is a must for you if you’re riding a peleton.

As for tv choice for peleton use, just get one bright enough for the environment. Everything else is overkill. Assuming you won’t be using the tv for anything else.
    This setup won't be used for anything other than Peleton Use.
    I am sure the Spin bike ( Sunny Spin bike) will make some amount of noise. Also we will be adding a Peloton Thread once it becomes available. So Volume will be a Priority.
    Thanks for your input.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    That sounds pretty good. Yeah I couldn't find much for faults honestly. Costco has the 7G on sale right now for $800 (ending today though), so gonna keep my eye on it for a clearance/Superb Owl sale next month.
    I ended up with a 75Q8G and its been great. We don't use it as much as we'd like but for the price ($1200) its definitely a fantastic budget TV.
    For you're needs you'll be happy.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Ughhhh Sony just teasing with just $100 off on the X900H at Costco.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    WK2

Does anyone buy their TV's from places other than Costco? Nearing TV purchase time, and wondering if it's even worth visiting a place like Visions. Also looking at the 900H.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Visions has great deals. They'll move tons on TVs. Best Buy usually won't, but they will price match anything. They don't even verify so you can fake a receipt if you want to.

I still don't get why people are so hyped on the 900H. There's better TV's for less money. Even the gaming angle is gone now that Sony fucked over everyone with their promises.

My Ride
    Silverado

Once I can drive into the states I'll probably go for a weekend and pickup a vizio p q and/or x 75"
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 03-19-2021 at 07:56 AM.

My Ride
    WK2

Visions has great deals. They'll move tons on TVs. Best Buy usually won't, but they will price match anything. They don't even verify so you can fake a receipt if you want to.

I still don't get why people are so hyped on the 900H. There's better TV's for less money. Even the gaming angle is gone now that Sony fucked over everyone with their promises.
    Do tell, Rage. Use case is movies and sports. Rtings shows the H9G as a better value, but I'm wanting at least 75" for the space. The TCL 6 series seems hit or miss when I look at the reddit discussions specific to 900H and 6 series.

My Ride
    Silverado

Page 59 of 87 FirstFirst ... 49 58 59 60 69 ... LastLast