The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread - Page 60 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 60 of 87 FirstFirst ... 50 59 60 61 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1732

Thread: The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 94CoRd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do tell, Rage. Use case is movies and sports. Rtings shows the H9G as a better value, but I'm wanting at least 75" for the space. The TCL 6 series seems hit or miss when I look at the reddit discussions specific to 900H and 6 series.
    TCL 6 series mini-led (R635) beats the x900h hands down at a lower price. Hell, even the 3 year old TCL 6 series (R615) beats the x900h at 1/2 the price if you can find it (they pop up here and there).
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by ????? View Post
    I ended up with a 75Q8G and its been great. We don't use it as much as we'd like but for the price ($1200) its definitely a fantastic budget TV.
    For you're needs you'll be happy.
    I ended up grabbing the Q7G the other week & have it sitting in my basement while we do some renos. I kept waiting for it to go cheaper, but with covid, there have been literally zero clearance sales...

Quote Originally Posted by 94CoRd View Post
    Does anyone buy their TV's from places other than Costco? Nearing TV purchase time, and wondering if it's even worth visiting a place like Visions. Also looking at the 900H.
    I generally only buy my TV's from Costco for the return policy & warranty.

I'd consider Visions if the price was right. I avoid Best Buy like the plague, but that's generally just because how terrible they are in general (I love getting hounded and when I finally do ask something, have the kid read the box to me. Ugh). Visions at least seems to train their staff in product knowledge. I did buy a 43" Toshiba there though, but that was because it was a bundle with a Google Home that you could return for the full $150 price. Made the TV $200, lol.
    Last edited by Pauly Boy; 03-19-2021 at 09:52 AM.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly Boy View Post
    I generally only buy my TV's from Costco for the return policy & warranty.

I'd consider Visions if the price was right. I avoid Best Buy like the plague, but that's generally just because how terrible they are in general (I love getting hounded and when I finally do ask something, have the kid read the box to me. Ugh). Visions at least seems to train their staff in product knowledge. I did buy a 43" Toshiba there though, but that was because it was a bundle with a Google Home that you could return for the full $150 price. Made the TV $200, lol.
    Costco just doesn't have enough of a selection, and no negotiating prices, so they're not always the cheapest.

I don't rely on anyone on product knowledge. Visions, BB, they're all going to try and sell you the highest margin shit anyways so no point getting any advice from them. Visions is really competitive on deals and generally can't be beat. Their inventory is shaky though, but they've always treated me well on prices. Best Buy, their delivery team is top notch.

I'd say 80% of my TV purchases over the years has been through Visions, with the remaining split between Costco and Best Buy.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

What would you guys recommend TCL 5 series or Hisense 55Q8G

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Is the best way to just pick the TV you want, go to Vision, and negotiate by asking if there are further discounts if you buy immediately?

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDL View Post
    The TCL 5 has awesome contrast and a nice picture but its not very bright. Unfortunately they are also prone to DSE and the panel lottery, as with most budget Chinese brands. Mines not terrible but its there.

I am selling my 65 inch if your interested.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1560975487

I have the 65Q8G (I returned the 7G after getting a deal on the 8G for $100 more only). I went with it after comparing it to the 5/6 TCL & a bunch of TV's at Costco, Visions & BB in the 65" for ~$1000 price category.

I chose the Hisense over the rest since it had the best bang for the buck price to feature-wise & had little things like the cable-run channel + Android TV that I liked better. Only issue I've had is some blooming, but otherwise no noticeable DSE, banding or other issues.

You can select TV's to side-by-side on rtings btw:
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/comp...threshold=0.10
    H8G = Q8G (USA vs Canadian models)

Keep in mind both are playing the panel lottery since these are Chinese units.
    Last edited by Pauly Boy; 04-13-2021 at 04:52 PM.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly Boy View Post
    I have the 65Q8G (I returned the 7G after getting a deal on the 8G for $100 more only). I went with it after comparing it to the 5/6 TCL & a bunch of TV's at Costco, Visions & BB in the 65" for ~$1000 price category.

I chose the Hisense over the rest since it had the best bang for the buck price to feature-wise & had little things like the cable-run channel + Android TV that I liked better. Only issue I've had is some blooming, but otherwise no noticeable DSE, banding or other issues.

You can select TV's to side-by-side on rtings btw:
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/comp...threshold=0.10
    H8G = Q8G (USA vs Canadian models)

Keep in mind both are playing the panel lottery since these are Chinese units.
    Did you have any issues with the Android TV? I read some people had some issues with it being a bit slow at times on that tv.

Did you have any issues with the Android TV? I read some people had some issues with it being a bit slow at times on that tv.
    Not really. I've only had it set up for a month though. Faster than my other set upstairs with built-in Roku. Just the other day, I swapped middle of a show in Disney+ to Netflix, to the input for the Xbox and back to Netflix for my son pretty smoothly. This is all on wifi for now as well - I haven't got around to running the rest of my cat5 upstairs to the router.

My biggest peeve so far is the unit pauses any stream you're watching via an app and gives you a black screen if you go into your settings. It makes it a giant pain in the ass to get your calibration right since you can't do it on the fly. Not an issue doing it on the HDMI inputs thankfully.

The google assistant sometimes lags searching when you ask it for stuff, but my phone and home minis do that all the time too, lol.
    Last edited by Pauly Boy; 04-14-2021 at 10:06 AM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Paging @rage2

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Goddamn, that's a big TV. I don't think I'd feel comfortable mounting that on a wall haha.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's not even that heavy. 100lbs, same as my 85" Sony which replaced my old 140lbs Sharp 80". 100lbs is light for the size.

If you were talking about size, it took me a day to get used to an 85" on the wall. I'm ready to go bigger, but unfortunately even though I budgeted for bigger screens, I can't go much bigger because my front speaker placement would have it behind the TV for sizes greater than around 90".

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Goddamn, that's a big TV. I don't think I'd feel comfortable mounting that on a wall haha.
    Panasonic's old 103" Plasmas were over 700lbs and the wall you put it on had to be constructed for it haha. Wasn't exactly a popular TV though.

I think the next big step will be seamless wall panels, so you can customize a much better screen size than the biggest tv's currently available without having to get a projector. Samsung is already doing this and it seems like the next logical progression given that current TV's are capped at such small relative sizes without going into the absurdly expensive low volume designs that companies just use to show off.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I'm ready to go bigger, but unfortunately even though I budgeted for bigger screens, I can't go much bigger because my front speaker placement would have it behind the TV for sizes greater than around 90".
    Isn't everything above 85/86" in LED pushing the $100k mark? Beyond baller flexin' right there (mind you i've only ever looked on the Visions website out of curiosity)

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    Isn't everything above 85/86" in LED pushing the $100k mark? Beyond baller flexin' right there (mind you i've only ever looked on the Visions website out of curiosity)
    It is today, yea. But prices continue to drop for larger sizes. My $5k limit went from 75" to 86" through the years. Just because I'm ready doesn't mean the market is yet with the pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    No, not even close, but they are still way more than most people are going to spend and any kind of value proposition goes out the window after around 85". Like anything you can spend as much as you want pretty much (there are 98-100" TV's for $100K), but Sony's 100" XR for example is 'only' around $25K and its not $75K worse haha. LG also makes an 88" OLED for around $35K as well. There are probably more but those two come to mind. 85/86" is about the threshold for what an average person can reasonably buy without moving into a projector though. Terrible deals still, but you don't have to spend anywhere near $100k.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 05-13-2021 at 01:29 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    TVs that big mount you.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Holy fack.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    The 82 for 1600$ is even better

Page 60 of 87 FirstFirst ... 50 59 60 61 70 ... LastLast