Quantcast
The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread - Page 32 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 32 of 87 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like you might want a Nvidia Shield - you get all that plus a much better and more polished "smart" tv experience. They are cheap now too that they released the smaller version.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Other that a Netflix/Prime subscription, I've never purchased any digital media before so it didn't precipitate the need for a streaming device and always relied on the built-in apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    h9f/65q9809

They are about the same price as a Vizio P series on sale though, and the Vizio is a bit better.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/comp...&threshold=0.1
    Thanks for helping me sum up what i needed from the thread in one post haha.

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Other that a Netflix/Prime subscription, I've never purchased any digital media before so it didn't precipitate the need for a streaming device and always relied on the built-in apps.
    Fair enough - yeah it definitely is more valuable if you are a Plex/Netflix/Amazon Prime/Disney+ user.

The Amazon Fire TV 4K sticks are dirt cheap and work with Disney+ as well but I don't own one so I am not sure about how they deal with HDR.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 12-19-2019 at 12:37 PM.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Ever since I got the M65 last year, I've been wondering what I'm missing out on. I have a minimal setup; TV and a mediocre Samsung sound bar. No 5.1, let alone Atmos.

Anyone willing to invite me over for a movie demo to showcase that P / PQ / PX goodness? Haha.

No hanky panky involved.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Ever since I got the M65 last year, I've been wondering what I'm missing out on. I have a minimal setup; TV and a mediocre Samsung sound bar. No 5.1, let alone Atmos.

Anyone willing to invite me over for a movie demo to showcase that P / PQ / PX goodness? Haha.

No hanky panky involved.
    You ever up in the NW Crowfoot area?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Sony's alright if you don't use DV. They're still struggling with getting Dolby Vision working properly. Disney+ is fucked on all the Sonys in DV. It's been 2 years haha.
    Being a 4k HDR / DV newbie, how can I tell if DV is working or not? I recently got a x950G and have it connected to AppleTV 4k and have Disney+. AppleTV tells me I'm in DV mode.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroGravity View Post
    Being a 4k HDR / DV newbie, how can I tell if DV is working or not? I recently got a x950G and have it connected to AppleTV 4k and have Disney+. AppleTV tells me I'm in DV mode.
    Not sure on the Sony's, on the Vizio pressing info shows what mode it's in. On the Samsungs it doesn't show anywhere at all, but you will notice the alternate HDR picture mode setup (which defaults to max backlighting).

One thing you need to do on the Apple TV, regardless of what mode the Apple TV is set to, you need to set match content frame rate and dynamic range. That way when a DV title plays, it forces DV. When HDR10, it forces HDR 10, and of course SDR in SDR. It also lets your TV handle the frame rate interpolation.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

I'd love to get in on that with him. I want to see if I can actually see a different between those and my current Samsung NU8000.
    is the PQ/PX a true 10 bit panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Asian_defender View Post
    I'd love to get in on that with him. I want to see if I can actually see a different between those and my current Samsung NU8000.
    P/PX are 10bit VA panels yes. They don't have the best gradients though, Sony is very good at that.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 12-19-2019 at 04:07 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

PM me your #'s and we can co-ordinate.

I have a Samsung NU8000 as well that can be used to compare. The Samsung only looks good at night though, while the PQ/PX looks good any time of day.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Yup, I'm up in Sage Hill NW so just a skip and a stone away. I'll PM you my number and we can coordinate!

My Ride
    A250

My parents were planning on picking up a 65" during Black Friday but I convinced them to go for a 75" during boxing day.

We were pretty set on Vizio but Costco only has the P759-G1 for $2,359.99 at 75" and more offerings from other brands at various price points.

They probably won't see a difference between the TVs but I would love to hear about any recommendations or specific models to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by AzNxHyDrA View Post
    My parents were planning on picking up a 65" during Black Friday but I convinced them to go for a 75" during boxing day.

We were pretty set on Vizio but Costco only has the P759-G1 for $2,359.99 at 75" and more offerings from other brands at various price points.

They probably won't see a difference between the TVs but I would love to hear about any recommendations or specific models to avoid.
    Nobody is really making a terrible TV these days if you're shopping in the 75" range, and unless something has changed, most of the panels themselves come from a handful of factories.

You basically have TCL and Hisense on the low end (they are still pretty good), Vizio pretty well owns the mid range/high bang for the buck market (Sony's 800/900 series when on sale fit right in there too), and in the ultra high end market you have the LG/Sony OLEDs being the best and the top-end Samsung QLEDs right up there with them. The mid-range Samsungs are less attractive because of the Vizio stuff in the same price range.

Honestly just use the rtings comparison tool - here is their summary of the best 70-75" models:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/be.../70-75-77-inch

And if you want to compare it to something else, use this tool:
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare

They even have a recommendation tool to try and cater suggestions to your specific needs/environment:
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/recommendation

Buying from Costco is a good idea because their $99 5 year warranty is by far the best you will find.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The problem with 75 and up is that most of the low end panels are edge lit, which does a number on black levels. Especially in the dark. It just looks terrible. In a moderately lit room it’s ok, but a brighter room with natural sunlight and it gets washed out.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

No hanky panky involved.
    Heres a great video to showcase the differences in the Vizios 2018 models if you dont wanna go over to Rajs. It does not include the PX since thats 2019 model I believe. But has the P and PQ
    Last edited by dj_rice; 12-19-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

You need to see it in person. You can only experience the wide spectrum of brightness IRL.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Damn...that's pretty dope. $2k for an 82"

Looks to be same price at Costco too. I'd definitely get it through them instead since their warranty is cheaper as well.

https://www.costco.ca/samsung-un82ru...100493782.html

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

Any opinions between the Hisense 65Q8809 and Vizio M658-G1. Costco has both on sale for basically $1000.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Damn...that's pretty dope. $2k for an 82"

Looks to be same price at Costco too. I'd definitely get it through them instead since their warranty is cheaper as well.

https://www.costco.ca/samsung-un82ru...100493782.html
    Wow, hard to go wrong at that price.
    That's alot of TV for that money

Page 32 of 87 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast