Quantcast
The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread - Page 34 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 34 of 87 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Vizio 2020 lineup released.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/5/21...tum-x-ces-2020

PX in 85”, OLED in 55 and 65. Cant wait till they go on sale. Glad I passed on the 75” this year. 85 and bright!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

@rage2 1000 peak nits off of the 4000 monster you're looking forward to!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vizio 2020 lineup released.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/5/21...tum-x-ces-2020

PX in 85”, OLED in 55 and 65. Cant wait till they go on sale. Glad I passed on the 75” this year. 85 and bright!
    Sweet. Almost makes me being cheap to his year worth it.

Still probably going to limit myself to 75, but have been wondering about OLED more and more...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    @rage2 1000 peak nits off of the 4000 monster you're looking forward to!
    Nah, it’ll be a few years away like I mentioned, especially at the sweet spot prices were looking at. Most likely in MicroLED. Samsung already has a prototype 75” last year at 4000 nits, probably hear more about it this week at CES. The best thing about MicroLED is that there won’t be different peaks depending on coverage. Every single pixel can provide that peak. My guess is by the time they’re affordable, we’ll all have 10k nits monsters.

Tomorrow will be interesting. TCL still going hard on miniLED even tho their 8 series is a bit of a dud. Would be interesting to see if anyone else is going that route to bridge the gap till MicroLED comes out.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Nah, it’ll be a few years away like I mentioned, especially at the sweet spot prices were looking at. Most likely in MicroLED. Samsung already has a prototype 75” last year at 4000 nits, probably hear more about it this week at CES. The best thing about MicroLED is that there won’t be different peaks depending on coverage. Every single pixel can provide that peak. My guess is by the time they’re affordable, we’ll all have 10k nits monsters.

Tomorrow will be interesting. TCL still going hard on miniLED even tho their 8 series is a bit of a dud. Would be interesting to see if anyone else is going that route to bridge the gap till MicroLED comes out.
    What's your guess for pricing on a 85" PX?

$4600-4800ish?

I'm just waiting for the day I can pick up a decent 80" for less than $2000 haha.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

$4600-4800ish?

I'm just waiting for the day I can pick up a decent 80" for less than $2000 haha.
    I’ll have a sharp 80” 1080p for sale once I upgrade. Way less than $2000 haha.

My hope on the 85PX are street prices of 3000-3500 during Black Friday next year.

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

I’ll have a sharp 80” 1080p for sale once I upgrade. Way less than $2000 haha.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

$4600-4800ish?

Sticker for the 2019 75 was 5800 at launch lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Having 2 issues with my Vizio P659 G1 (2019 P series Quantum 65"):

1) It randomly turns itself on, despite not being hooked up to the primary ARC HDMI input and CEC disabled on both the TV and source. Twice I have come downstairs in the morning to find it on, and it was 100% turned off the night before. I wonder if the remote is the culprit, but that's pretty hard to diagnose.

2) A few times now I have seen random colored lines flickering across the screen, I am still trying to find out if this is the TV, the HDMI cable, or the Shield. I am 99% sure it's the TV though because I have swapped HDMI cables as well as used a different source (Chromecast) and seen the same issue. Tried different HDMI ports as well. The problem is intermittent and not easily repeatable which makes it extremely difficult to troubleshoot. Going to try reset the TV and see if that does anything, otherwise it's getting exchanged. I might just return it and get my HT installer to give me a Samsung Q80R/Q90R instead, but then I lose the 5 year warranty from Costco.

I'm hoping it's something silly/simple but it's looking more like it's going to be a PITA. At least I haven't mounted it yet.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-06-2020 at 12:04 PM.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

If I go buy a 4k TV, and the new Xbox is going 8K compatible - will I regret it? I keep hearing nobody can tell the difference between 4k and 8k but I don't have a fucking clue.

All I use my TV for is video games and movies.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Having 2 issues with my Vizio P659 G1 (2019 P series Quantum 65"):

1) It randomly turns itself on, despite not being hooked up to the primary ARC HDMI input and CEC disabled on both the TV and source. Twice I have come downstairs in the morning to find it on, and it was 100% turned off the night before. I wonder if the remote is the culprit, but that's pretty hard to diagnose.

2) A few times now I have seen random colored lines flickering across the screen, I am still trying to find out if this is the TV, the HDMI cable, or the Shield. I am 99% sure it's the TV though because I have swapped HDMI cables as well as used a different source (Chromecast) and seen the same issue. Tried different HDMI ports as well. The problem is intermittent and not easily repeatable which makes it extremely difficult to troubleshoot. Going to try reset the TV and see if that does anything, otherwise it's getting exchanged. I might just return it and get my HT installer to give me a Samsung Q80R/Q90R instead, but then I lose the 5 year warranty from Costco.

I'm hoping it's something silly/simple but it's looking more like it's going to be a PITA. At least I haven't mounted it yet.
    Hey Mark, just taking a wild guess here but check to see if the eco-mode is on/off. When I first got my M65, I had some fucky stuff going on and a Google search said that the eco-mode sometimes causes the TV to turn on, strangely enough.

I haven't had the problem since. Maybe some settings got shuffled around?

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    If I go buy a 4k TV, and the new Xbox is going 8K compatible - will I regret it? I keep hearing nobody can tell the difference between 4k and 8k but I don't have a fucking clue.

As with 4K, the greatest benefits that come with the higher resolutions are not resolution-based. For example with 4K you got things like P3 color gamut and HDR, and with 8K you will get instant HDMI switching among other things. The visible difference between 4K and 8K is essentially zero, and that is on large projector screens - on something like a 65" TV it would be even less. With 4K, to see a significant difference in resolution from 1080P, you need to be sitting approximately 1x TV size in terms of distance, which for most people that is around 4-6 feet - VERY few people sit that close to their TV's, and 8K will be even more extreme, hence why the main benefits are not resolution related but rather the features that come alongside it.

Good 4K TV's are so ridiculously cheap now anyway, just buy a 4K TV now and get an 8K TV in a few years if you feel it's worth it for your usage. Buying 8K in it's extreme infancy is also a bad idea IMHO.

I'm very curious as to what hardware the Xbox will have to play 8K content with high frame rates and good settings, because you would probably need a $10K PC to do that right now lol. I'm guessing it's some sort of half-assed up-scaling trickery.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Mark, just taking a wild guess here but check to see if the eco-mode is on/off. When I first got my M65, I had some fucky stuff going on and a Google search said that the eco-mode sometimes causes the TV to turn on, strangely enough.

I haven't had the problem since. Maybe some settings got shuffled around?
    I've been through the menus pretty thoroughly (at least I think I have), but I will double check Eco just in case - thanks.

Unfortunately the bigger problem is the intermittent colored lines
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-06-2020 at 12:53 PM.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

As with 4K, the greatest benefits that come with the higher resolutions are not resolution-based. For example with 4K you got things like P3 color gamut and HDR, and with 8K you will get instant HDMI switching among other things. The visible difference between 4K and 8K is essentially zero, and that is on large projector screens - on something like a 65" TV it would be even less. With 4K, to see a significant difference in resolution from 1080P, you need to be sitting approximately 1x TV size in terms of distance, which for most people that is around 4-6 feet - VERY few people sit that close to their TV's, and 8K will be even more extreme, hence why the main benefits are not resolution related but rather the features that come alongside it.

Good 4K TV's are so ridiculously cheap now anyway, just buy a 4K TV now and get an 8K TV in a few years if you feel it's worth it for your usage. Buying 8K in it's extreme infancy is also a bad idea IMHO.

I'm very curious as to what hardware the Xbox will have to play 8K content with high frame rates and good settings, because you would probably need a $10K PC to do that right now lol. I'm guessing it's some sort of half-assed up-scaling trickery.
    Awesome, thanks!

My Ride
    Bicycle

If anything this CES 2020 has shown me that another standards war is already here with 8K and HDR with manufacturers taking sides once again. (Well I guess the HDR war has already been around for years).

Probably want these settle a bit before picking.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    If anything this CES 2020 has shown me that another standards war is already here with 8K and HDR with manufacturers taking sides once again. (Well I guess the HDR war has already been around for years).

Probably want these settle a bit before picking.
    By the time anything settles and 8K is mainstream, it will be many years from now. 4K still isn't even mainstream. If you need a TV now, just buy a decent 4K unit and reassess in several years. Even 4K content is not widely available to many people, and your entire equipment chain has to be compatible. You can buy a 70" 4K HDR TV for under $900 these days.

I don't see how that xbox at $400-500 or whatever is going to send a native 8K signal at 120fps anyway.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-07-2020 at 02:46 PM.

My Ride
    Grimace

I am just glad apple tv app is coming to 2018-2020 lg oled so I can watch the stuff trapped solely on my ipad
    Also a smaller oled finally at 48".

xbox will support 8k streaming only for now I believe so 4k tv would be fine.

My Ride
    Bicycle

By the time anything settles and 8K is mainstream, it will be many years from now. 4K still isn't even mainstream. If you need a TV now, just buy a decent 4K unit and reassess in several years. Even 4K content is not widely available to many people, and your entire equipment chain has to be compatible. You can buy a 70" 4K HDR TV for under $900 these days.

I don't see how that xbox at $400-500 or whatever is going to send a native 8K signal at 120fps anyway.
    I think it will do 8k60 media. But not gaming. 12Tflops can do 4k60 gaming at best.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Is there something wrong with this TV? Price seems too good to be true.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

It’s decent depending on what you’re wanting to use it for but not high end by any means
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/um6900

Value is good if you just want a big 4K HDR tv for a great price

It's just a very standard TV - nothing stand out about it. Depends what you want to get out of it, that's all. It's kind of in the realm where every TV is the same, and you're just paying for the size (which honestly is where most people see the greatest value proposition because unless you're in a dedicated theater you aren't getting the most out of the TV anyway).

I think it's edge-lit too which is not great for HDR. If you just want a small-ish screen that looks good for general use it would be fine.

Page 34 of 87 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 ... LastLast