Quantcast
The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s not necessarily true. No point in a 4K tv if you’re back so far that your eyes can’t tell:
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.forb...-critical/amp/

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by...e-relationship
    I’m not sure what you are trying to say here?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Distance and size is an issue if you actually want to be able to see 4K resolution, if that’s a concern to you. Rereading your post,you’d just move to where optimal is?

Distance and size is an issue if you actually want to be able to see 4K resolution, if that’s a concern to you. Rereading your post,you’d just move to where optimal is?
    Yah our bonus room is rather large so a couch can be placed in the ideal spot for a tv. Really going back and forth on a 65 or 75

I wanted to try out a P series Vizio, but I couldn't find one locally even at the Costcos in SK, wanted the P75 F1 but they told me it'd be after Xmas. Bought another LG Oled, this years model is different than the last one I bought, picked up the 65" LG OLED65E8. I was running the LG Nano Cell 65" out of fear of the burn in, as I use it mainly as a home theater PC in my office (home theater room is projection), and the OLED in the bedroom for Netflix/Shield use only. After seeing a friends OLED of the same model as the new one I just bought, which he's been using for months as a HTPC and has his Win10 background up all the time, playing games, etc etc - figured I'd risk it. If it gets burn in, we'll see how well that 99 dollar Costco warranty holds up, hah.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Both the P65 and the PQ65 deals from last week were the best I had seen all year. RFD of course killed those fast. If those come back up I'd be tempted to jump on one.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    Yah our bonus room is rather large so a couch can be placed in the ideal spot for a tv. Really going back and forth on a 65 or 75
    You'll regret going 65 if you're going back and forth.

Go online and look up some dimensions; mark out the two sizes with masking tape.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    If it's for your living room, and you want to keep it looking nice and neat and not like a bachelor pad, keep the size down. If it's for a family room, basement, bonus room etc. for movie watching and/or video games. As big as you can get.
    Totally agree.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Years ago I got a crazy good deal on my plasma by having Visions price-match Memory Express.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

That’s not necessarily true. No point in a 4K tv if you’re back so far that your eyes can’t tell:
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.forb...-critical/amp/

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by...e-relationship
    This tells me I need >85" TV.... I'll take it!

I've been tossing around 65" vs 75" in our bonus room too and I'll probably just pull the trigger on a cheaper 75" vizio and be done with it.

Unless aesthetics are the #1 priority, you will never regret getting a bigger TV. And Size > quality unless it's going into a dedicated/critical viewing environment, because when you're 1h into a movie you won't be thinking "I wish those black levels were 10% better".

And if it's a dedicated theater room, go straight for a projector. They are so cheap now it's ridiculous.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    You'll regret going 65 if you're going back and forth.

Go online and look up some dimensions; mark out the two sizes with masking tape.
    My current place is only 800sqft. I would have very, VERY much regretted going 55" over 65" now that all is said and done. Like jwslam said, if you are going back and forth, you want to go with the larger set. If price is the concern, a 70" may be worth looking into.

Keep in mind, a 75" is huge. You'll need a tv stand/piece of furniture close to 60+" long to place it on. Or hang it off the wall.

Edit-
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    And Size > quality
    I disagree with this. It's all about how picky you are. I did a back to back comparison of ripped, uncompressed blu rays in MKV format vs coming straight off the blu ray player. Noticeable difference that would bug that crap out of me.
    Last edited by HiTempguy1; 11-26-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    I wanted to try out a P series Vizio, but I couldn't find one locally even at the Costcos in SK, wanted the P75 F1 but they told me it'd be after Xmas. Bought another LG Oled, this years model is different than the last one I bought, picked up the 65" LG OLED65E8. I was running the LG Nano Cell 65" out of fear of the burn in, as I use it mainly as a home theater PC in my office (home theater room is projection), and the OLED in the bedroom for Netflix/Shield use only. After seeing a friends OLED of the same model as the new one I just bought, which he's been using for months as a HTPC and has his Win10 background up all the time, playing games, etc etc - figured I'd risk it. If it gets burn in, we'll see how well that 99 dollar Costco warranty holds up, hah.
    I picked up a 55" LG OLED55E8 in September and love it!

As for burn in I'm a paranoid too and overly cautious! So I try not to stay on menu screen very long and I just let things play, then go back instead of pausing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Unless aesthetics are the #1 priority, you will never regret getting a bigger TV. And Size > quality unless it's going into a dedicated/critical viewing environment, because when you're 1h into a movie you won't be thinking "I wish those black levels were 10% better".

And if it's a dedicated theater room, go straight for a projector. They are so cheap now it's ridiculous.
    I don't know... the blacks on the OLED are ridiculous! I don't think I could go back to an LED with the light bleed that they have...

If I had a dedicated theater room, ya I would go with a projector too.
    Originally posted by Xtrema
    ZenOps is like everyone's crazy uncle.
    Originally posted by DayGlow
    How do you respond to stupid?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.
    Originally posted by Seth1968
    Zenops: Ok, but remember my dick is made of nickle.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

we went from a 48 inch HD to a 65 inch UHD and it makes a big difference. We really enjoy the larger screen, given how far away we sit (approx 15 feet)

Quote Originally Posted by ipeefreely View Post
    I picked up a 55" LG OLED55E8 in September and love it!

As for burn in I'm a paranoid too and overly cautious! So I try not to stay on menu screen very long and I just let things play, then go back instead of pausing!

I don't know... the blacks on the OLED are ridiculous! I don't think I could go back to an LED with the light bleed that they have...

If I had a dedicated theater room, ya I would go with a projector too.
    Absolutely, OLEDs are awesome - it's about the only way to get Plasma-level IQ (or better) without going with a projector these days. But you can still buy cheap OLEDs and you can buy really expensive high-end OLEDs. All I am saying is for most people, size trumps slightly better image quality when it's not going into a viewing environment that you are able to appreciate said quality (or if the viewers don't care about that stuff). For example with your OLED, you probably didn't buy the very best OLED in a smaller size than you wanted. I don't mean go out and buy the crappiest no-name Proscan/Sylvania TV you can find just because it's a bit bigger than a good Samsung, for example. All else equal, in my experience more people appreciate size over slightly better image quality gained by buying a much more expensive TV. YMMV of course.

My Ride
    Grimace

I am super happy now going from my 43" vizio to a 55" OLED. About 8-9 feet away and it is on the upper limit of size for the room. 43 was too small and RDR2 has very small text so it was hard to read with my old eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    I am super happy now going from my 43" vizio to a 55" OLED. About 8-9 feet away and it is on the upper limit of size for the room. 43 was too small and RDR2 has very small text so it was hard to read with my old eyes.
    I sat 7-7.5ft away from a 74" projector screen and it wasn't too close for quality 1080P. You've got lots of room left

I got the Vivo PQ65 from Costco in Edmonton when they still have stock.. Great TV, but I wish it was a little bigger. Too bad they don't make a PQ75

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Reading this thread makes me jealous.. I was pumped to upgrade from 19" to 24" Vizio from Costco for my kitchen!

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    Reading this thread makes me jealous.. I was pumped to upgrade from 19" to 24" Vizio from Costco for my kitchen!
    I doubt most people have any TV in their kitchen! haha

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    I doubt most people have any TV in their kitchen! haha
    Surprisingly, decent 24" TVs are hard to come by. Visions was all out, Bestbuy werent on sale, and Costco only had the Vizio on for a black friday weekend sale. Added bonus that its a 'smart tv' and works with my google stuff. Scheduled to arrive today.

Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast