Quantcast
The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread - Page 78 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 68 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1733

Thread: The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread

Looking into some of the suggestions made here, but was rocking a Vizio M65 from 2018 which was pretty decent for the time, so I'm thinking I need to look higher end.

Really wanted to stretch the budget to get to a 75", but what is really bothering me with the current TV is black crush in dark scenes and stuttering. I think I'd give up the extra size (ha!) for better quality. Panning stuttering fucking KILLS ME, so OLED is out of the picture. Can't stand stuttering, can't stand soap opera effect.

My understanding is Sony has the best picture processing to reduce stuttering. My viewing is typically dark, no real concern about big windows.

Would a 65" Sony X95J fit the bill? BestBuy Canada has a geek-squad certified reman sold direct by BestBuy for $1500cdn with factory warranty.

Can't see myself doing any better, and one of the best qleds available according to rtings (the K is better, but way more $$$). Was really shopping Hisense U88H/G series, but apparently they have really bad red blur which would ruin my viewing experience.
    Last edited by zechs; 11-20-2022 at 12:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

What are your sources that’s giving you stutter? I ask this because not all media players are made equal. @killramos was bitching about stuttering until I told him to get an Apple TV to test. Setting match frame rate eliminated stuttering for him as the Xbox was doing a terrible job doing 24 to 30fps pull-down.

The Sony isn’t perfect either. @benyl found a few scenes where the Sony struggled with stutter too. The wide pans in the latest Bond film.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea it was a game changer for me, I now rock an Apple TV on every TV I down.

Xbox is relegated to game duties. It also sucks at physical media but for other reasons.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Yea it was a game changer for me, I now rock an Apple TV on every TV I down.

Xbox is relegated to game duties. It also sucks at physical media but for other reasons.
    Ditto, I have the latest Apple TV 4k on all the tvs in our homes. I also have a HTPC on my office tv (65" LG Oled C2, have 3 of these total in various bedrooms/office/etc) - I use the Apple TV for all the streaming services, but still like having access to my HTPC/browser/keyboard+mouse, for writing/emails/surfing/etc.

What are your sources that’s giving you stutter? I ask this because not all media players are made equal.
    Streaming from apps on android to TV (so I guess chromecast?) and a Sony UBP-X700 for blu rays. Both are an issue. Youtube is fine streaming over chromecast, I assume that is because its 30fps and not 24fps.

Trying to watch the remastered LoTR and anger is overflowing at the pan shot stuttering.

Are you saying I should purchase an Apple TV, download whatever apps I am using (say Netflix) and utilize it to do any streaming?

And then I have some settings to fiddle with on the UBP for blu ray? Being back in school, my media intake has increased quite a bit so I'm noticing more issues with my setup.
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I have no idea what your issue is. If you have some Netflix specific scenes you want me to look at for stuttering, I can. I still have a Vizio M at home in my kids bedroom.

I have the same Sony as killramos so when he complained I checked and mine was perfectly fine. Apple TV is easy to buy, test and return if it wasn’t the problem.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

They will literally deliver you one by Uber eats the same day lol

That’s what I did.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Anytime someone mentions chromecast I just assume its related to that moreso than the TV.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I know literally nothing about chromecast, but I do know the AppleTV is a very good product.

fact.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm a google fanboi, but I don't think Chromecast is particularly good hardware.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The key to Apple TV working well is their match frame rate option. Devices usually do a worst job than your tvs native frame rate pull-down. The Xbox for example outputted everything at 59.9fps so when playing movies it’s doing the 24 to 59 poorly. Meanwhile, feeding the TV a straight 24fps signal will let the tv use its pull-down optimized for that tv to do the job better. Match frame rate forces that.

Check your devices if you have that option and enable it. I only know Xbox (doesn’t have it) and apple stuff.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm a google fanboi, but I don't think Chromecast is particularly good hardware.
    I know literally nothing about chromecast, but I do know the AppleTV is a very good product.
    Unless you have a Nvidia Shield Pro, all other Chromecast devices are just a compromise processing power on price.

That said, if @zechs is having problem watching Blu-Rays, something else is the issue. Cables? Firmware? TV?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Got the Hisense U6GR from Costco set up finally at the basement and just waiting for IKEA to get restocked on media units

It’s a great 65” TV for the price. @rage2 what are some good movies to test out stutter? You mentioned “No Time To Die” was one. Anything else?

Also if anyone is looking to buy the wall mounts at Costco, I’d recommend the Sanus. We cheaped out on this arm buying the AVF brand, and it’s not as sturdy as the Sanus one in my condo.

Bose Solo Soundbar Series II is also a great entry-level soundbar for $200. If you want bass thumping sound though, get a Sonos or a soundbar with a dedicated sub.

Name:  CF0FE74F-61A5-4D19-AAC5-1007668C83A0.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  62.0 KB
    Last edited by flipstah; 12-05-2022 at 02:50 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

That light is just terribly placed…

fact.

My Ride
    WK2

That wall sconce is the only thing I can look at. Any plans to change it to some type of bias lighting - or just remove it all together?

Nice TV though

My Ride
    Exploded.

That light is just terribly placed…
    Quote Originally Posted by 94CoRd View Post
    That wall sconce is the only thing I can look at. Any plans to change it to some type of bias lighting - or just remove it all together?

Nice TV though
    Yeah, unfortunately the light was already there and also drive us nuts. It was the only side of the basement that had an outlet to use.

We plan on changing it and it'll be off when we watch movies so it's a theatre experience.

EDIT: probably one of these

Last edited by flipstah; 12-05-2022 at 03:02 PM.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Got the Hisense U6GR from Costco set up finally at the basement and just waiting for IKEA to get restocked on media units

It’s a great 65” TV for the price. @rage2 what are some good movies to test out stutter? You mentioned “No Time To Die” was one. Anything else?

Also if anyone is looking to buy the wall mounts at Costco, I’d recommend the Sanus. We cheaped out on this arm buying the AVF brand, and it’s not as sturdy as the Sanus one in my condo.

Bose Solo Soundbar Series II is also a great entry-level soundbar for $200. If you want bass thumping sound though, get a Sonos or a soundbar with a dedicated sub.

Name:  CF0FE74F-61A5-4D19-AAC5-1007668C83A0.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  62.0 KB
    TV Choice - 8/10
    Setup - 1/10
    Popcorn flavor - 9/10
    Popcorn value - 3/10

Overall with weightings on those above, I say decent job

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I feel like that TV is sitting 6-8" too high.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

How is the U6G for viewing sports? I find my older Samsung a bit blurry compared to my newer TVs when watching hockey.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    I feel like that TV is sitting 6-8" too high.
    Last I checked it's a 7 ft ceiling so if I go lower, the sitting position is too far down. I can lower it a tad once we get the new couch in and see how the positioning is.

Quote Originally Posted by gpomp View Post
    How is the U6G for viewing sports? I find my older Samsung a bit blurry compared to my newer TVs when watching hockey.
    I haven't tried yet but I'll check out some YouTube highlights to see how it goes.

Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 68 77 78 79 ... LastLast