The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread - Page 46 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 46 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 56 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Have you set your 950H up yet?

Interested in your review.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

Picking it up Monday. Don't have access to a truck till then.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The best thing about the 900H is the price. There's a massive premium going to the 950H. You get a lot of TV for what the 900H's sell for.
    Might be worth to wait another year to upgrade for next-gen then? The only other option I see is Samsung Q80T which is more expensive than the 900H.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by beecue View Post
    Might be worth to wait another year to upgrade for next-gen then? The only other option I see is Samsung Q80T which is more expensive than the 900H.
    This is my real debate right now, is my current tv good enough for another year or are the dividends real for upgrading now

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by beecue View Post
    Q80T is a much better TV than the 900H. Q90T is also nicer than the 950H. The shitty thing with Samsung is the lack of Dolby Vision, they refuse to support it, and relying on HDR10+ which isn't really mastered anywhere yet. Almost all new HDR movies are Dolby Vision now. Don't forget Xbox Series consoles will support Dolby Vision gaming, but it's a moot point if the TV can't display super bright highlights or full wide color spectrum anyways.

This is my real debate right now, is my current tv good enough for another year or are the dividends real for upgrading now
    The question is how important is HDMI 2.1 to you? Do you need 4K/120hz? Will next gen consoles even be able to push 4K/120? How about VRR? Or for those that use the on TV apps (yikes) the ability to pass full res Atmos back to your receiver thru eArc? If those features are important to you then wait. It's a HDMI 2.1 transition year right now, and even the Vizios that are out right now in the US are completely broken when using those features.

I'm making the move this year because none of the HDMI 2.1 features matter to me, and now that I've upgraded the HT to Atmos, watching it on a 1080p screen with 10 year old backlight control technology is brutal haha.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    I just bought a hisense 75” for $1700. It’s not the best but I’m quite happy so far. Here’s the review https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/h8g

I think mine a q8g since it’s in Canada. But it’s the same as the review.
    What's good and bad about it? Asked about the Hisense a few pages back but no feedback on it from anyone here. Interested in the particular one you have. 75q8g.
    No budget TV discussions allowed on the forums.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I had a 2 year old 65inch LG C8 OLED that we loved for a bright area at our house. It developed a line across the screen recently and have just found out that they will give us the value for a replacement (Thanks to the protection plan). I'm leaning towards either the Sony AH8, or the newer LG CX series, any suggestions either way? I've never had any issues with ABL personally so not too worried about that.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Eride View Post
    I had a 2 year old 65inch LG C8 OLED that we loved for a bright area at our house. It developed a line across the screen recently and have just found out that they will give us the value for a replacement (Thanks to the protection plan). I'm leaning towards either the Sony AH8, or the newer LG CX series, any suggestions either way? I've never had any issues with ABL personally so not too worried about that.
    I couldn’t tell the difference between the 2 at Visions, aside from price, where LG was cheaper. I believe all OLEDs are LG panels?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by ????? View Post
    What's good and bad about it? Asked about the Hisense a few pages back but no feedback on it from anyone here. Interested in the particular one you have. 75q8g.
    No budget TV discussions allowed on the forums.
    You'll get better feedback on RFD. Everyone here buys some baller ass TV's. I'm waiting for the TCL
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

My 2 year old Vizio M class is starting to act up. It's not too bad at this moment. Too bad I forgot to get the Costco warranty on that one.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I'm far from the right guy to ask what's right and wrong about a tv, but i'd say the black aren't great and the speakers suck. it has lots of good about it, the dolby vision is there and android tv so kids don't use my xbox. i don't use the speakers anyway but it's worth noting.

i have a sony xbr700 which is a little old now, and it outperforms that easily. if i was willing to part with more money i'd get the oled.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I can tell you what’s bad about TCL and Hisense. The software is brutal. While the panel itself isn’t that bad, comparable to lower and mid range Vizios, they have flawed implementation of HDR with poor tone mapping, so movies with dark scenes look worse in HDR than SDR.

I mean, if you don’t care about DV or HDR, by all means they’re great TVs. Just don’t expect baller image quality. My parents love them.

Vizio was by far the best bang for the buck. Most popular TV around here. Now we’re stuck buying baller TVs now that they’ve pulled out of Canada.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Losing 7" and paying $900 more is a tough pill to swallow.
    Something something pill and 7”.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

FFS.

Name:  089255A2-3C59-4642-B87E-BFD0B5C16E48.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  18.0 KB

Sold the old TV tonight. Had @benyl drive a trailer to haul the 950H for me. Between the weekend and a Monday they sold the last one. No clue when next one is coming. Left empty handed and can’t enjoy my supposed to be completed home theater upgrade till who knows when.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

What speakers did you go with?? I was debating in wall but ended with towers. Curious how good they are.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

What speakers did you go with?? I was debating in wall but ended with towers. Curious how good they are.
    Nothing expensive. Wish I remember the name of the speakers. They do the job well. The subwoofer filling in the lows that the speakers can’t do well hides the actual speaker quality well. Sounds like ass with subwoofer off. Have a Polk 12” 300W hiding in the corner.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Poor Benyl.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

FFS.

Name:  089255A2-3C59-4642-B87E-BFD0B5C16E48.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  18.0 KB

Sold the old TV tonight. Had @benyl drive a trailer to haul the 950H for me. Between the weekend and a Monday they sold the last one. No clue when next one is coming. Left empty handed and can’t enjoy my supposed to be completed home theater upgrade till who knows when.
    Let me me know if you need a better friend with a truck

fact.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    You'll get better feedback on RFD. Everyone here buys some baller ass TV's. I'm waiting for the TCL
    Thanks I'll give that a try. I mean best budget 75" of 2020 on RTINGS.

I'm far from the right guy to ask what's right and wrong about a tv, but i'd say the black aren't great and the speakers suck. it has lots of good about it, the dolby vision is there and android tv so kids don't use my xbox. i don't use the speakers anyway but it's worth noting.

i have a sony xbr700 which is a little old now, and it outperforms that easily. if i was willing to part with more money i'd get the oled.
    I can tell you what’s bad about TCL and Hisense. The software is brutal. While the panel itself isn’t that bad, comparable to lower and mid range Vizios, they have flawed implementation of HDR with poor tone mapping, so movies with dark scenes look worse in HDR than SDR.

I mean, if you don’t care about DV or HDR, by all means they’re great TVs. Just don’t expect baller image quality. My parents love them.

Vizio was by far the best bang for the buck. Most popular TV around here. Now we’re stuck buying baller TVs now that they’ve pulled out of Canada.
    Its more for a room we only use once in a while. I'm coming from a kdlw850a and a 930e so I don't think I can expect too much out of it.
    As long as it's not complete shit I would be able to live with it.
    @rage2 might have to take that pill
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ????? View Post
    Its more for a room we only use once in a while. I'm coming from a kdlw850a and a 930e so I don't think I can expect too much out of it.
    As long as it's not complete shit I would be able to live with it.
    @rage2 might have to take that pill
    It's not complete shit. If you're watching cable/satellite/telus TV and kids shows, it does its job just fine. You want to turn down the lights and watch a movie, you'll start questioning the image quality here and there. Throw on a HDR DV movie on movie night and you'll wonder what the HDR fuss is about if you don't know any better.

Page 46 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 56 ... LastLast