Quantcast
2013 Honda Fit daily driver/adventure-mobile build - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9

Thread: 2013 Honda Fit daily driver/adventure-mobile build

Is that a Nora from Queen's quote or something?

And ya it was a crazy long drive! Ontario literally makes up for almost half of it. It's huge. The Fit conquered most of it no problem. Just a few ultra rocky side roads and some really intense rain. I really don't think lowering for me is a good idea.

Picked up some goodies on the way home of course. These will replace my cracked Enkei summers. No problem sleeping on the side still. Also if anyone reading this happens to have any decent 16x7, 4x100 rim for sale let me know. I totally killed the Blizzaks on this trip and might need something immediately!

20211104_142026.jpg

20211025_151503.jpg

Just some small updates. I picked up some Sparco Terra's, 16x7 +30 and had new Xice Snow's mounted (Terra's were spry painted silver by the previous owner). The ride is so much better now, but the front end is rubbing like crazy due to the kswap added weight.

DSC_4835s.jpg

I was having some major heat issues, heat was pretty much non existent and the engine wouldn't reach operating temperatures on a warm (+6C) day for a good twenty minutes of driving. A breather tank was then added to help burb the system but it didn't help. Turned out the KTuned V1 swivel thermostat wasn't cutting it. I had to get the V2 and now it's all good (don't buy a V1, V2 exists for a reason). The good news is that after all the heat issues the battery was straightened out and moved forward to make room for the now non existent breather tank.

DSC_4830s.jpg

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by Chantastic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just some small updates. I picked up some Sparco Terra's, 16x7 +30 and had new Xice Snow's mounted (Terra's were spry painted silver by the previous owner). The ride is so much better now, but the front end is rubbing like crazy due to the kswap added weight.

DSC_4835s.jpg

I was having some major heat issues, heat was pretty much non existent and the engine wouldn't reach operating temperatures on a warm (+6C) day for a good twenty minutes of driving. A breather tank was then added to help burb the system but it didn't help. Turned out the KTuned V1 swivel thermostat wasn't cutting it. I had to get the V2 and now it's all good (don't buy a V1, V2 exists for a reason). The good news is that after all the heat issues the battery was straightened out and moved forward to make room for the now non existent breather tank.

DSC_4830s.jpg
    This thing has gotta be a blast to drive

@03ozwhip when you can really open it up it really is fun! Part of me wishes is was the A2/Z1 that could rev higher, but that's just too complicated electronically. It's not the same kind of rush you get out of a turbo car but it's still great. The power delivery as you'd expect is very linear. I really wouldn't mind another 20-30whp but that's hard to squeeze out while keeping it NA without doing quite the build.

Anyway, I finally got the Work wheels I picked up in Niagra powder coated in Alien Silver. It has some flake in it so it almost looks white in some light. Wrapped in Toyo Extensa HP2 performance all seasons.

I love this angle for photos because it makes it ever so apparent that it's basically the shape of an old mini van
    DSC_4932ss.jpg

DSC_4915s.jpg
    Last edited by Chantastic; 05-16-2022 at 02:33 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9