Quantcast
2013 Honda Fit daily driver/adventure-mobile build - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Honda Fit daily driver/adventure-mobile build

I have no idea how to post pictures here anymore lol

Name:  DSC_4489a.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  140.1 KB

Here's the parts list, I'm also posting this on the first post

- 2012-2015 K24Z7 Civic Si (approx. 93k)
    - 8g Civic Si alternator
    - Hasport GEK mounts and axles (62A street)
    - Hasport wiring harness (GE8 Fit -> 09-14 CU2 TSX)
    - OEM RSX/CRV intermediate shaft
    - ’09-14 Acura TSX pcm
    - ’09-14 Hondata Flash Pro
    - DeatschWerks RSX 265c fuel pump
    - AEM short ram (8g)
    - OEM RBC port and polished, with 9g fuel injector adapters (Hardmotion)
    - PRL intake manifold adapter
    - PRL thermal gasket
    - PRL throttle body adapter
    - OEM J35 Accord throttle body
    - OEM RSX intermediate shaft
    - Exeddy Stage 1 clutch 08806
    - Exeddy flywheel HF02
    - OEM replacement RSX radiator
    - OEM replacement RSX fan switch
    - 51R battery
    - KTuned 9th gen catless downpipe
    - Vibrant GESI 3” high flow cat
    - Custom 2.5” exhaust
    - KTuned universal swivel neck thermostat V1 (K20/K24)
    - Hybrid Racing CRZ short shifter (with 9g Civic shifter cables)
    - Circuit Hero lower timing chain guide
    - RSX radiator
    Last edited by Chantastic; 04-18-2021 at 10:32 PM.

My Ride
    2017 GTI

That's awesome - need some clips of it running now! Good work!

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

So awesome. Now it just needs AWD

Haha! This money pit has to stop somewhere. I've only done one launch control launch, and I'm still on my Blizzaks, and it was lots of torque steer but once it got going the wheel spin wasn't too bad. I've been driving around town aimlessly trying to break my clutch in more before I really have fun. After that I'll try and gets some vids.

Anyway here's some cheap mods/fixes for now (that I've been collecting for the least year while it's been in the shop):

OEM JDM tails (LED). Everyone online seems to be saying you need to switch a bunch of sockets around and what not, I assume that must be for the 09-11 Fit's. These were straight plug and play for me.

Name:  DSC_4528a.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  105.7 KB

IPF 6500k LED. Note the cooling fans on the back. These were massive pain to install because of the fans, and it would have been easier to just remove the bumper cover and headlights. The windshield washer resevoir had to be moved and it's basically form fitting underneath of the driver side headlight. I also ended up having to cut the dust boots and then crappily tuck them back in after. But the lights them selves are really amazing. If I didn't know any better I'd think they were HID. They are flicker free, as you'd expect from a high end LED brand. So far I've had no one flashing me on the road. These are just as bright as my '04 350Z's HID and the high beams are way better. I haven't done any night time highway driving yet, but I think these are better than my '06 G35 projectors as well in terms of brightness and downroad clarity. Important to note is that they have a mounting system that ensures they are always installed the right way up. IPF claims to replicate the halogen light pattern and I believe them. I also installed Morimoto LED fogs, details after the next couple of pics.

Name:  DSC_4452.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  39.2 KB

Light spread of the IPF LED. Please note that in reality the lights are way brighter than this, and I purposely had to set my camera to a short exposure so you could more accurately see the light spread.

Name:  IMG_20210418_170854.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  45.5 KB

Old fogs vs the new Morimoto with Lamin-X. If you look closely at the new fogs you will see the rectangular cutout to disperse the light. Interestingly the fogs look slightly green when illuminated. I can only assume the light is actually slightly blue and then when you add the yellow film on top, then it goes slightly green. These definitely go wide on the road! I have yet to test them on the highway at night. If you're a Fit owner and looking for these on the Morimoto website, they are listed under the TSX.

Name:  20210415_150303a.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  43.3 KB

OEM Acura RDX cargo light. This is by far one of my favorite mods. The RDX light features an on/off switch right on it so you don't have to worry about leaving it on when you're loading/unloading. Plug and play!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Chantastic; 04-20-2021 at 05:04 PM.

Couldn't get this to post above. Here is a shot with the IPF LED headlights and Morimoto LED fogs

Name:  DSC_4550a.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  77.1 KB

Got over to the junkyard as GE's are finally starting to show up in Calgary, but only the 09-11's. I tore apart the trunk to replace some beat up plastic panels.

Name:  DSC_4567.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  126.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20210420_151844.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  31.4 KB

I found a base model Fit that didn't have the USB plug in the top glovebox like the Sport models. Unfortunately the cable only plugs into the OEM stereo which is now gone, and I already fed a new USB cable into the lower glove box. So need for this one. Panel replaced. And yes, that's a pen holder above! I love the Fit.

Name:  IMG_20210420_151857.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  48.8 KB

One thing that bugged me even with my old EP3 is that the rear grab bars only had a hook on the driver side. I found another drive side handle with the hook on it and swapped it over to the passenger side. Obviously, I'll be careful when lane changing if I ever have stuff hanging there.

Name:  IMG_20210420_151910.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  41.5 KB

Is anyone else having posts freeze on them as soon as they try and upload an image? This is my third attempt (fingers crossed)

Review time: The car is completely transformed. It pulls way harder than my previous K20's and doesn't need vtec to do it. In fact, you barely feel vtec when it hits. All in all it is good fun, and highway speeds are much easier now, and more relaxed thanks to the sixth gear. Mission accomplished. The Hasport 62a mounts do great job as well and even with launch control engaged I sense zero wheel hop, and very minimal vibrations when cruising around town. Asides from now needing wider wheels, better suspension, and larger brakes , it feels like it is well on its way to becoming a true hot hatch.

Speaking of wheels, I sold the RPF1's to recover some cash and got some 5Zigen's on crappy rubber to get me through the summer. 17x7, +42. I'm really thinking about downsizing to 16's or even 15's so bumps aren't so brutal.

Name:  5zigen.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  253.9 KB

My only real complaints are the exhaust loudness and the shifting - something was definitely wrong here. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get a proper rev match. After some retuning, the cars pedal sensitivity is much improved but still not where I'd like it to be. Going in for another adjustment hopefully this week. Best way I can describe it is that it just has a lag between the pedal and the actual revs. Onto the exhaust: while it was fun for a while, it was just too loud for my preference. I was running a 3" downpipe with a high flow cat + 2.5 piping + Vibrant ultra quiet resonator + Vibrant muffler. I am now running a twin loop muffler and am very happy with the results. Here is a video of before and after. The second video captures more engine noise than anything else. It is way quieter than the video suggests when cruising, and sporty on full throttle. It sounds like an aggressive OEM exhaust.

Name:  twin loop 5.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  1.38 MB

Name:  twin loop 2.JPG
Views: 396
Size:  816.9 KB

I also picked up a decibel meter with the intent of using it to measure cabin noise for future sound deadening plans. Here's a before and after with the exhaust.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Chantastic; 06-06-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Sorry, don't know how to manage the attachments above. Here's the comparison with the twin loop muffler.

Name:  IMG_20210602_231615.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  122.8 KB

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I like all this. That muffler is wicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Have you weighed the car yet?

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I like all this. That muffler is wicked.
    It's a replica of a classic Mugen muffler. They make hondas sound nice. The mugen ones are stupid money so I completely support getting the replica lol

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I love this. K20 fit is best fit.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Yea even the replica muffler was not cheap, but it was worth every penny. The Fit hardly has any working room so unfortunately changing the muffler out was a really big job!

And no, I haven't weighed it. With the heavier motor and battery, lighter exhaust and flywheel, I'm going to guess around 2580lbs?

With it being so quiet now compared to before, I am thinking about long term plans. Wouldn't be opposed to supercharging it now, or maybe just a few more fuel mods but I really don't think I'll get much more power out of it. It's probably around 200whp right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    I love this. K20 fit is best fit.
    K24* / because it doesn't have a real header

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

What header is on there, factory exhaust manifold? I noticed it's all crammed up against the firewall.

It's a single port coming out, presumably to cut down on costs. The original Fit motor was the same way. Unfortunately my K motor didn't come with the factory piping so I had to buy a KTuned downpipe and hack it up, threw a high flow cat in there and custom from there on. Something like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=k24z...0zZMu3pUAlrmgM

Edit: I think that single hole where the pipe mounts up is called the bellmouth? We didn't have that unfortunately.
    Last edited by Chantastic; 06-06-2021 at 04:03 PM.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Oh I see. Easy turbo fabrication then.

My Ride

Is this a K24 from a crv or accord?? The 180bhp one?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    Oh I see. Easy turbo fabrication then.
    depends on how much room there is for the rest of the piping. I know the Jackson Racing and Comptech superchargers will fit without any hood clearance issues. Mind you the people who have done that definitely had the engine mounts set on their lowest points. First things first, I need AC haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Is this a K24 from a crv or accord?? The 180bhp one?
    It's out of a 2015 Civic Si, so 200hp at the crank stock. Not sure why but Honda has mutiple versions of the K24Z7 and they all share the same code.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Chantastic View Post
    depends on how much room there is for the rest of the piping. I know the Jackson Racing and Comptech superchargers will fit without any hood clearance issues. Mind you the people who have done that definitely had the engine mounts set on their lowest points. First things first, I need AC haha.

- - - Updated - - -

It's out of a 2015 Civic Si, so 200hp at the crank stock. Not sure why but Honda has mutiple versions of the K24Z7 and they all share the same code.
    Oh nice! That thing probably really moves.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

This thing is badass.

Until Honda comes out with a Honda Fit Type S or Type R with a 220+ HP stock motor, this is the next best thing. But even then, this gen factory color is the bomb so you can't even beat that.

My Ride
    changes every year

I wanna drive this thing lol awesome car.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast