Quantcast
Where to buy legal weed these days.... Seriously. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to buy legal weed these days.... Seriously.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I laugh even harder when people don’t know simple definitions. Do you know what general population means?

I'm curious to see the end result. Is this shortage just due to a giant wave of hype for people to use "legal" weed for the first time? Perhaps usage will slow right down when the hype wears off? If this high rate of use continues because people just like the product that much, then this could be a legit job creating industry. Which would be great going forward.

I can imagine there are stoners who are looking to try different strains. Realistically many smalltime pushers only had a couple strains that they concentrated on.

Some people like the more "awake" types, because they tend to fall asleep before really getting the most out a good puff. As a newbie, you might want to avoid getting the one that will literally lay you out, because you won't know if you actually like it or not - if you are asleep. Half as much on one that keeps you awake, probably a good start.

Now you can try all the cola flavours that you missed over the years, so to speak. BTW: Fresca sucks.

https://globalnews.ca/video/4563133/...strains-of-pot
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-13-2018 at 10:06 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    Ford

got an order from bulkgod.ca on the way. under $4/gram for better then what my buddy showed up to my place with after paying $12/gram legal.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I would still prefer it to be illegal, makes no difference to me. Yes it’s an absolute failure and so long as it’s over regulated by the government it will continue to be. Not a single person I know who uses cannabis regularly has considered buying from Alberta cannabis, Nova or four20. They likely never will because they can find way better products at significantly better prices from their usual supply. Cannabis isn’t the slightest bit like alcohol and the government shouldn’t treat it and regulate it as such.
    So you believe the people that were buying/selling illegally stopped immediately when pot was legalized? Nothing has changed for those people most likely so how is it better staying illegal?

What are your success/failure criteria? Do you not think the fact that prohibition has just ended on this substance has anything to do with the supply/demand decoupling?

I’m not really following your logic on this one, seems at the very least extremely short sighted
    Last edited by J-hop; 11-13-2018 at 12:00 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So back in November there were big supply issues. I haven't heard anything recently in the media, but I know my beyond buds (get it?) are on the front lines of consumption.

So, any shortages still? Better selection yet? Different products? Lower prices?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    So, any shortages still? Better selection yet? Different products? Lower prices?
    Still shortages, but you have more different products that kind of makes up for it (like going to the liquor store and there's still stuff on the shelves, it's just different than the last time you were there, and might not have what you want). Prices aren't lower and be going down until the supply gets up and stays there and IIRC Aurora didn't expect to have their facilities finished until around now so that means a couple more months at the minimum until they're producing what they hoped.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    So back in November there were big supply issues. I haven't heard anything recently in the media, but I know my beyond buds (get it?) are on the front lines of consumption.

Prices aren't lower but they are pretty much on par with what I was paying on the illegal market. I have seen mor consistent stock of things like pre rolled joints at Co-Op Cannabis and NewLeaf. Usually a pretty extensive selection at the NewLeaf I've been going to but I generally just buy whatever is the lower priced Indica. I've had a few really good batches of Plain Packaging Indica.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    Ford

Is legal Under $4/gram yet? Thats what my order in the mail now cost.
    Street Tune

My Ride
    fairlady tt

Quote Originally Posted by blairtruck View Post
    Is legal Under $4/gram yet? Thats what my order in the mail now cost.
    PM sent

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

My biggest gripe, aside from price, is the quality of any of the legal stuff. MOMs just have much much much better quality. Even when I was under an LP it was usually really dry, poorly trimmed, and generally poor. MOMs heavy pack, give free stuff, better quality, and more selection.

Now, $4/g? Where the heck is that!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    My biggest gripe, aside from price, is the quality of any of the legal stuff. MOMs just have much much much better quality. Even when I was under an LP it was usually really dry, poorly trimmed, and generally poor. MOMs heavy pack, give free stuff, better quality, and more selection.

Now, $4/g? Where the heck is that!
    I saw at least two had a special over holidays. 3 zips for 400 which works out to about that. They advertised as AAA quality but I really doubt that

What a surprise that government regulated cannabis has turned into a total gong show, like who saw that coming?

I tried a bit from the one local dispensary that's open in Red Deer... meh... poor quality, and stupid expensive. I'll just keep doing what I have always done and 'order in' what I want... stronger, better quality, waaay cheaper.

$45-$50 an 1/8 is what I paid for crap weed from the trailer park when I was a kid 20 years ago FFS.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Still haven't gone back to black market, but the last 1/8th that I bought for $30 (the prepackaged bag) lasted more an entire month. I get high for 1.5-2 hours before bed on 2-4 draws. I didn't check the date first before buying and when I got home I noticed it was packaged before Oct 17 lol, so 3 months, it was dry as hell and just burned real fast. High was decent though.

My current 1/8th is MK Ultra, $35, packaged end of a Dec, high is still the same but the stuff is sticky and burns a lot less faster.

The benefits of buying from a store are that toy can know exactly how much thc/cbd it has and when it was packaged.

I may eventually try out an MOM or go back to my old dealer though if legal doesn't get cheaper though.

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

Enjoy your illegal weed with trace amounts of fecal matter, snot and fertilizer.
    Last edited by tcon; 04-07-2019 at 08:31 PM.

My Ride
    Ford

hopefully you didnt pay double for this great stuff.
    January 4, 2019
    PRODUCT RECALL:
    Up Cannabis Inc. has notified AGLC it is voluntarily recalling a portion of a single, specific lot of its Eldo 7 gram dried cannabis product as a result of detectable levels of mould/microbial contaminants in this product.

Jan 21, 2019
    Class action against Moncton-based medical cannabis producer certified by Nova Scotia Supreme Court"

"A class-action lawsuit against a Moncton-based medical cannabis producer has been given the green light to proceed to trial, according to Halifax-based law firm Wagners.

Wagners says a Nova Scotia Supreme Court judge released a decision on Jan. 18 to certify the action against OrganiGram.

The lawsuit stems from two recalls in late 2016 and early 2017 of OrganiGram cannabis that was produced between Feb. 1 and Dec. 16, 2016. Products allegedly tested positive for myclobutanil or bifenazate, which are both unauthorized pesticides."

https://globalnews.ca/news/4870430/c...on-organigram/
    Last edited by blairtruck; 01-23-2019 at 10:16 AM.
    Street Tune

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Lol, so they're selling 2 year old herb?

There's going to be a HUGE announcement from Canopy regarding mould issues I reckon.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Legalization hasn't changed alot for me. I still have a prescription and my LP always has stock.

As far as black market goes, I also haven't stopped buying black market for variety, price and quality.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Personally i think the recalls on the legal stuff are a good thing - it shows that the regulations are strict and are being followed.

Imagine if black/grey market bud was actually tested like legal stuff and they issued recalls. Guarantee they would have many more recalls/issues than legal.

Don't get me wrong - MOMs/BM can have good product but without testing you never know for sure.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Lol, so they're selling 2 year old herb?

There's going to be a HUGE announcement from Canopy regarding mould issues I reckon.
    Well I could tell when the LP's started becoming really crappy quality because of the stockpiling in prep for the legalization. I have a bunch of cannatonic that looks just a bunch of dried leaves and stems. When repeated orders from LP's started being bad, I didn't feel it was worth it anymore. FWIW Broken Coast had the best quality for LP's, but even theirs wasn't cured properly and too dry most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Personally i think the recalls on the legal stuff are a good thing - it shows that the regulations are strict and are being followed.

Imagine if black/grey market bud was actually tested like legal stuff and they issued recalls. Guarantee they would have many more recalls/issues than legal.

Don't get me wrong - MOMs/BM can have good product but without testing you never know for sure.
    Thats fair, but people were getting high for decades without testing and it served their needs. When you have grey market dispensary product, and legal LP product side by side, you can see and feel the difference. I stick with bigger MOMS, and avoid places like discountwholesaleweed.com haha
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast