Quantcast
Price help. 2017 Subaru Outback with high mileage? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Price help. 2017 Subaru Outback with high mileage?

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Default Price help. 2017 Subaru Outback with high mileage?

The 2017 Subaru Outback Touring model had an MSRP of $31,750

A 2019 model is $33,750

What's a 2017 with 130,000 km's on it worth? Mint shape, well maintained by an adult driver.

I used the blackbook website and it gives used prices of $26,500 for cars with 31,000 km's. The high mileage on this one makes it hard to figure out the price. I can get it for $19,500 (it's a friends company car that she is ready to give back and they give employees the option to buy them).

I bough a couple of 2012's 4 years ago under the same program, but I paid between $13,000 and $14,000 for them which seemed like a fair deal (the MSRP on them was $30,200). I'm not so sure the current price of $19,500 is such a good deal but looking for some other opinions.

Thanks
    James

My Ride
    '05 Subaru LGT wagon (5MT)

Closest comparables:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

Older generation:

Two generations older (EJ255 instead of ez30/36):

I would say somewhere between 16k and 18k is fair given it is extremely high mileage for the age but this is subjective based on value of age versus mileage. You are getting close to major service in the next couple of years based on mileage alone. Some major items like struts and shocks might already need to be done depending on how it was driven.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

That car has a blackbook (dealer trade in value) of $13,500-$16,500 if that helps at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's a 2017 with 130,000 km's on it worth? Mint shape, well maintained by an adult driver.
    It's worth what you're willing to pay for it.

My Ride
    G37X

I wouldn't call that scary high mileage at all. Unless it was used as an Uber or pizza boy car. Probably 80-90% highway kms. But certainly use it as a negotiation tool.

$15k to 16k would be my number provided maintenance is up to date, good winters etc.

I wouldn't touch that car with a 10 foot pole unless I knew 100% for sure what kind of miles those were. Big difference between an older gentlemen with a highway commute and a work vehicle or something similar that gets beat on all day, just as an example. Even then, way too high for me personally, but if you are an ultra low KM driver it will even out eventually.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Thanks for the replies. The majority of those will be highway miles as my friend drives from Calgary to Medicine Hat, Lethbridge and Crowsnest Pass on a regular basis. The price isn't negotiable as that's the price the fleet company offers the employees the car for. Otherwise, it gets dropped off at the dealership when the new car gets picked up.

I'm going to pass on it. As I mentioned I bought 2 cars through this same fleet program for 13.2k and 13.6k that were the same type of mileage and age back in 2013/2014. Not sure why there is a 6k increase as the MSRP hasn't changed that much.

thanks for the replies
    James

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

I would avoid any vehicle with high mileage given it's close to a Major Service.

Subaru's are great when they're working well but been plagued with engine issues based from my internet research.

Also, that $6K hike is most like inflation and Subaru Tax.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Oil consumption is an issue with most Subaru's. We have a 2014 Outback with the H6. It consumes oil but not as bad as the 2.5L.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Well that's the thing, Subaru recommends to check your oil level as you can and a basic consumer would not do this.

I think it is the primary cause of many of these engine problems - by not checking the oil level often.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by jaylo View Post
    Well that's the thing, Subaru recommends to check your oil level as you can and a basic consumer would not do this.

I think it is the primary cause of many of these engine problems - by not checking the oil level often.
    Well most cars don't consume oil like Subaru's though as it's not a desirable car trait. Subaru says to check it often because they know they have issues hence the class action lawsuits.

My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D

Some of the Subaru H6 motors can potentially consume up to 1 quart/1000 miles of use. I've known some Gen 4 OB's with the EZ30R that don't consume any oil though, they've been broken in properly and on high quality synthetics. While one of my friend's Tribeca with the EZ36 goes through ~2L of oil over 9000km of use while using a 5w30 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum with an extended OCI.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

car that “ she”is ready to give back. That is where I stopped reading ....
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by bourge73 View Post
    car that “ she”is ready to give back. That is where I stopped reading ....
    lol, my girlfriends car is the best maintained vehicle we own haha

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

This one is a perfect example of a lady driven car. I went to look at this one and the body is in rough shape, painted front and rear bumpers and left and right fender wells.

Rock chips and most of them rusting. Aero kit sagging at the sides and missing front aero.

What's worse is she drove it until engine light came on threw a Sensor code and blew a headgasket in cylinder 4 and 2.

Dude repaired and placed new headgasket, belts, and water pump, but WITHOUT re-machining the head.

I believe it was leaking oil on the driver side for quite some time until it threw a code.